218358 Bullies, 4785 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 3049
Page 216 of 305 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216 217218219220226266 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

You know me...the snakebite hiss, the Devil's Grip, the Iron Fist

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 12:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rudy once accused me of being a paid Bullshido troll. He probably still thinks I am.

I find it offensive someone thinks I would take those jobs away from illegal immigrants and Chinese kids.

Personally I think Rudy is a probably a fine guy, he just needs to work on fine the art of acquiescence.

Oh and to stop acting like he's trying to get cast on the Jersey Shore spin-offs.

GTL is dead, homey. It died in a fury of sand and foam.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/01/2012 12:09pm at .

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 12:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    In the fact that people tell me when there is some drama thread? Absolutely.
    Who would tell Rudy about this thread, and more importantly: WHY?

Rudy has stepped up publicly, which is more than 99% of the people on this board.
    True.

He does not whine about being a hobbyist or any other bullshit like that.
    Except he brings up his little grudgematch, often with a revisionist story of what happened, on EACH occasion.
    I dont have anything against Rudy, I simply feel he's irrelevant as long as he is still caught up with his hurt ego and trying to talk his way out of it.
    If he'd simply make some thread about his history, how he got to train, where etc, I'd actually be interested to read it!

Like him or not, he speaks some truths as well. But, he has become a whipping boy for the collective here because he does not fit the "reformed TMA guy mold". I have no issues with Rudy, never have.
    Hmm..I dont know what to think of the whipping boy remark, maybe I missed some stuff, but from my pov he tends to get **** for his retarded posts and his very bad manners.
    I know Rudy can be funny, and ive plus repped him more than once for that, BUT 90% of the times >> I read him <<< it's all sauerr and insulting and calling out..so yeah.

I also have no issues with Rudy, he's just there posting stuff, sometimes I respond to him, mostly I just read over him.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 12:19pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    Who would tell Rudy about this thread, and more importantly: WHY?
    Who cares? Drama threads bring the irregular posters out of the woodwork like roaches when the lights go out.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 5:19pm

Style: KK

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    For the entertainment factor? Train wreck threads?

I feel the same way. I don't think Rudy is the most well adjusted poster out there, but some of the newer member's disdain/contempt for him seems totally out of place. If you have no history with Rudy, why are some of you trying to pick an e-fight with him?
    Don't know if I'm included in this...I just think the guy acts like a douche sometimes. He likes the do the whole "who the hell are you again?" thing, as if the mighty Rudy not knowing someone somehow de-legitimizes their martial knowledge or ability (like he did with Battlefields earlier in the thread.
    Last edited by RWaggs; 12/01/2012 5:26pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 5:58pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    In the fact that people tell me when there is some drama thread? Absolutely.

Rudy has stepped up publicly, which is more than 99% of the people on this board. He does not whine about being a hobbyist or any other bullshit like that. Like him or not, he speaks some truths as well. But, he has become a whipping boy for the collective here because he does not fit the "reformed TMA guy mold". I have no issues with Rudy, never have.
    No, just the opposite. He talked a big game about being able to throw down as Kungfudoeswork. Which is way fucking worse than anyone saying they're a hobbyist and sucks.

I'm the epitome of Bullshido's Hobbyist. I started training 2003, on and off. I have a very faded blue, I don't care. It's not my priority in life, it's a hobby.
    Last edited by Pandinha; 12/01/2012 6:17pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 6:02pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Rudy's problems have to do with how he engages with the Internet. I don't have any problem with his fight, and I don't think anyone else does either, outside of the posting that came before and after it. As a CMA dude against a BJJ guy, it followed the same script as evey other fight of that type we saw back in the NHB days. In that context, he did better than the norm.
    How long did those fights usually last Matt? Lasting less than a minute isn't doing better than the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

:)

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 6:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, I'm not sure Anthony compares directly w/ the seemingly veteran bjj/Vale Tudo guys who I saw in vids, schooling the kung fookers.

Oops, gotta play. Toodles!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 10:21pm

supporting member
     Style: yoga/bodyweight mainly

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this thread iz ghey

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 10:42pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    this thread iz ghey
    Coming from a top ten poster, in this thread, that's actually funny. Thanks for your contribution to the "ghey."

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 10:51pm

supporting member
     Style: yoga/bodyweight mainly

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Coming from a top ten poster, in this thread, that's actually funny. Thanks for your contribution to the "ghey."
    I was trying to "unghey" it. I was over here throwing bibles at it and trying to pray the ghey away, but did it work? NO!