233360 Bullies, 3694 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2987
Page 192 of 299 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192 193194195196202242292 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. cualltaigh is offline
    cualltaigh's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cooltown, SEQ
    Posts
    1,364

    Posted On:
    11/29/2012 2:14am


     Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    This is a martial arts site, and it needs people who are passionate about the martial arts, who have skill, knowledge and respect for it and for the people who practice it. I don't care if he never gets to an advanced level, the dude in hpr's story showed all three every time he struggled to find time to train. I think anyone who takes it seriously enough to make sacrifices is an asset to the site, regardless of how far they get. Passion shows.
    I disagree, I think Kerpo is still a whiny bitch and needs to shove that violin that he's playing for himself square up his arse. I don't read passion in that story at all, an interest in martial arts sure, but no passion.

    As someone pointed out earlier in this thread, training isn't the only way to get involved in a sport. Can't make training, cool. Get involved in another way. Just stop making excuses for yourself because life gets a little hard.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.
      #1911
  2. hpr is offline
    hpr's Avatar

    Knock-off Cthulhu

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Helsinki / Finland
    Posts
    2,186

    Posted On:
    11/29/2012 2:14am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Seriously? There's so many hints of photoshopping there just looking at the picture, not the content that you have to be more than half-blind to not see them.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.
      #1912
  3. Matt Phillips is offline
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,756

    Posted On:
    11/29/2012 2:25am

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr View Post
    Seriously? There's so many hints of photoshopping there just looking at the picture, not the content that you have to be more than half-blind to not see them.
    Enhanced to show edits





    Overlay on original (authentic) cert



    It helps to see this one full sjze: http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...ky/overlay.jpg
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
      #1913
  4. hpr is offline
    hpr's Avatar

    Knock-off Cthulhu

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Helsinki / Finland
    Posts
    2,186

    Posted On:
    11/29/2012 2:34am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    Where in the story was he whining? Was he puffing his feathers on bullshido all along? Is he criticizing other when he does not know his ass from chocolate donut? If not there is nothing wrong with kerpo. If he has been posing as mr bad ass on line, then he can suck my balls. In your story he does not suck because he is a hobbyist. He sucks because he chose different priorities in life. This is fine.

    Bottom line, most martial artists are hobbyists. Some suck and some don't. But if they blame their suckitude on being a hobbyist, rather than the truth that they may have other priorities, injuries, or just lack of intent to commit to it, then they are full of ****.

    This discussion is not about sucking. It is about making excuses for sucking, or misrepresenting ones self here.
    I agree on all of your points. However what my truly long-winded story-of-a-post was trying to point out is what happens over and over on this board: People get sneered for not improving over time, and the typical generalisation seems to be that they must be lazy and unmotivated. And if they point out that they do in fact have different priorities in life it's almost always taken as an excuse.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.
      #1914
  5. Matt Phillips is offline
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,756

    Posted On:
    11/29/2012 2:35am

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    I disagree, I think Kerpo is still a whiny bitch and needs to shove that violin that he's playing for himself square up his arse. I don't read passion in that story at all, an interest in martial arts sure, but no passion.

    As someone pointed out earlier in this thread, training isn't the only way to get involved in a sport. Can't make training, cool. Get involved in another way. Just stop making excuses for yourself because life gets a little hard.
    I TOLD you, I prefer that he is called TIMMO. Either that or Jorma. I always liked 'Jorma' for a boy.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
      #1915
  6. Matt Phillips is offline
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,756

    Posted On:
    11/29/2012 2:41am

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr View Post
    I agree on all of your points. However what my truly long-winded story-of-a-post was trying to point out is what happens over and over on this board: People get sneered for not improving over time, and the typical generalisation seems to be that they must be lazy and unmotivated. And if they point out that they do in fact have different priorities in life it's almost always taken as an excuse.
    I am supposed to be the big, bad sneerer of videos. Did I sneer at your grappling? Nope. I don't know about other people, but I have no problem with people looking like they put in some work, because it shows that they are onboard and learning. I know what it feels like to have to struggle to find time to train (I was alone with a small child for years). I have a problem with people being on the board for years and still showing n00bspaz in the style they've been claiming. Your n00bspaz is long gone. Everybody should get trained up to as high a level as possible, given their circumstances, and should be honest about it along the way.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
      #1916
  7. hpr is offline
    hpr's Avatar

    Knock-off Cthulhu

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Helsinki / Finland
    Posts
    2,186

    Posted On:
    11/29/2012 2:55am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    I am supposed to be the big, bad sneerer of videos. Did I sneer at your grappling? Nope. I don't know about other people, but I have no problem with people looking like they put in some work, because it shows that they are onboard and learning. I know what it feels like to have to struggle to find time to train (I was alone with a small child for years). I have a problem with people being on the board for years and still showing n00bspaz in the style they've been claiming. Your n00bspaz is long gone. Everybody should get trained up to as high a level as possible, given their circumstances, and should be honest about it along the way.
    While I was using the story I know best, ie. myself as an inspiration for Kerpo, Kerpo isn't me. And I hear what you're saying, but it doesn't change the point I was making.

    I also realize I might have just gotten a bit butthurt over a pretty silly thing last night prompting me to write that. It was meant as a reminder to consider these things before you (meant in the general sense, stupid English language) start spouting **** about others.

    EDIT: That and I like to write stories.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.
      #1917
  8. Matt Phillips is offline
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,756

    Posted On:
    11/29/2012 3:04am

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr View Post
    While I was using the story I know best, ie. myself as an inspiration for Kerpo, Kerpo isn't me. And I hear what you're saying, but it doesn't change the point I was making.

    I also realize I might have just gotten a bit butthurt over a pretty silly thing last night prompting me to write that. It was meant as a reminder to consider these things before you (meant in the general sense, stupid English language) start spouting **** about others.

    EDIT: That and I like to write stories.
    I have had my share of getting sneered at on video.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
      #1918
  9. hpr is offline
    hpr's Avatar

    Knock-off Cthulhu

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Helsinki / Finland
    Posts
    2,186

    Posted On:
    11/29/2012 3:11am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    I have had my share of getting sneered at on video.
    That is unfortunate. (If you're referring to the 2010 TD videos I haven't watched them after releasing them so I have no clue really)
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.
      #1919
  10. Matt Phillips is offline
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,756

    Posted On:
    11/29/2012 3:22am

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr View Post
    That is unfortunate. (If you're referring to the 2010 TD videos I haven't watched them after releasing them so I have no clue really)
    No, I mean after the 2011 GS. I worked very hard and got beat quickly; a lot of people to pleasure in saying I didn't train for it at all. That was hard to take because I put a lot into it, and it was all over so quickly, and I really showed very little.

    I suppose I should have insisted on no video :P but I think I needed to hear all of that mocking. it motivated me to get better and train smarter.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
      #1920

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.