223782 Bullies, 3456 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2987
Page 185 of 299 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185 186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 3:32pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just amazed that Diamond Dallas Page is still alive.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 3:35pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    How many actual heavy practitioners are going to be dedicating themselves to the tech support, moderation, and general welfare of this site?
    Depends on what you mean by "heavy".

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 3:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Whoa what? You're confusing your facts old man. That was a throwdown.
    Why did you ask for no vid? I'm pretty sure it wasn't to avoid comments on the site.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 4:06pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Why did you ask for no vid? I'm pretty sure it wasn't to avoid comments on the site.
    To prove I tapped people out, or I know what I'm talking about? Why?

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 4:15pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did moose and sirc fight yet

On hiatus

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 4:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha! There's been literally zero progress with that since the very beginning of the thread.

In all seriousness, the amount of time I wasted on this drama in the past week is criminal for someone of my calibre. And not just the time spent writing, it's also been constanly floating in my head. I need to stop. I wasn't supposed to start in the first place. It was supposed to be a few quick looks.

Damn.

I'm taking a break from all this.

Sayonara
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 11/28/2012 4:35pm at .

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 4:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sirc post--> butt chicanery --> t3h g@y --> rage quitting --> tag/label/stylefield shitstorm --> IIF being a meanie --> people poking Omega with a stick --> some funerals --> profit
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 4:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    Did moose and sirc fight yet
    LOL what rock have you been under? Moose went for Tai Otoshi and Sirc countered with a pretty sweet Osoto, landed in side control and hit a heel hook in a scramble. Moose ragequit and Sirc got a Hall of Fame tag
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 4:37pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder what's the correct form to explain that you still suck because you have different priorities in life at different points.

Story time!: Let's meet our Subject A: a hypothetical person called Kerpo:

Kerpo is a guy in his late 20s. He has loved martial arts all his life, but for whatever reason (mostly money) never got around to doing it. So with 30 closing in he feels it's now or never and Kerpo finally decides to do something about it, looks around for beginner's courses and goes to one. That martial art seems weird, all black belts seem somewhat incompetent and he googles ****, finds bullshido and reads about aliveness. Kerpo gets wise and finds another martial art, one that trains with aliveness.

Now Kerpo here isn't a fatty, but he's not fit either, so he gets injured easily in a high intensity martial art, most of the injuries are not game breakers but still make him take time off every now and then. Around the time he starts the sport he also forks a kid into the world. He's still training, but the family and kid takes more and more time. As does his fledgeling career. Then he decides to finish his studies at the same time because he doesn't want to be a ****-up father that never finished his studies. All the while the training times at the gym get worse and worse, meaning no combining of commuting. Kerpo is now sitting about four hours a day commuting on training days.

So it gets a bit much, and when his back gets hurt he takes some time off. A bit later, uninjured and mentally refreshed he gets back to the gym. Things are going great, but then he fucks up a move is hurt bad. Kerpo limps on for about six months on and off with an aggravated injury until there's no option besides surgery.

Recovery takes a year, but he's back on the mats again. Hooray! Two months after that the gym splits and his martial art moves away, adding 20 minutes more commuting per direction, and gets a lot more expensive. Kerpo trains with the stragglers at the old gym but there's nobody good there. Kerpo loses motivation, but pops in every now and then to keep it up.

Finally someone does something stupid and Kerpo gets hurt again pretty good, he's switching jobs. His kid gets ill. Kerpo decides enough is enough. He loves the martial arts but sees no way out of the dilemma that leaves him the opportunity to improve.

Some time passes, and Kerpo can't stay just another office drone. The MA bug has bitten him too badly. So he does what he can, finds a more local gym and joins a relaxed group training another martial art. It's fun and there's no injuries, but it's colliding with timing of kid's hobbies constantly. He participates as much as he can, but then he switches jobs again. Now he's commuting close to three hours a day just for work. He can't make the training times unless he's really lucky. So he grudgingly gives up for the same reason as before -- not seeing any way to improve since getting more consistent training time per week is all but impossible, and it's just too much.

This leaves Kerpo a 30-something guy who has a few crooked fingers, an ankle that never feels quite right, a toe that doesn't curl like it's supposed to, a surgically enhanced shoulder, a wonky rib cartilage, a neck pain that never really goes away and a few smaller things.

So our hero of the day, Kerpo is still relatively noob and he knows he hasn't really improved any in years. He sees guys he started with that are now in the upper echelons of his martial art but never feels bitter because he'd choose his family and kids any day over a hobby. He has a family he lives for and a career to support it, and little time for else, except maybe banter about the things he loves with like minded people every now and then.

But Kerpo here is just another whiny bitch of a hobbyist and clearly just using the term as an excuse to why he still sucks after all these years.

The end.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 4:58pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the spirit of honesty and integrity which is the heart and soul of this site I would like to clear up some factual inaccuracies in prior descriptions of myself on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    Just when I thought being a short fat middle-aged white accountant who lives in the suburbs and drives a soccer mom car couldn't be any more gangsta.....
    Unequivocally am I not, nor have I ever been (in any sense of the word) "gangsta".

I know this may come as a shock but I could no longer bear to live this double life, pretending to be something I'm not. I have enrolled in a 12 step program to accept my middle class blandness and just hope that, over time, I can restore myself in the eyes of this community.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.