225258 Bullies, 3547 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2987
Page 184 of 299 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184 185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 1:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    On the one hand you say it is not your place to comment on who and what, on the other you hand you say what this site is all about (as well you should you support the site).
    Not offering an opinion one one thing (the "who and the what"). Offering an opinion on a different thing (the purpose of the site).

So?

For me it is simple, you know how under your name BS is constantly presenting its motto, saying stuff like "I find your lack of sparring disturbing" "eat stake lift weight" "we give the internet a black eye" ect. it is plain and simple cut and dry.
    Yes. It's called "humour".

I gave an example of a cat forum (i joined one lately after purchasing a cat) how would you feel if the mods and veterans on the site didn't even own cats??? it would look totally fucking Bull ****, incidentally the name of this site.
    A person who had once owned cats, or who'd seen a great many of them had had the opportunity to observe them at length, might be qualified to mod a cat site. What's your point?

Now, i would not make a big deal of it by posting if the fucking mods wouldn't have made such a fucking big deal over your stile field and how much you train and all in the first place.
    They don't. I've rarely discussed how much I train (once, on Sociocide, as far as I can recall) and I had some pretty stupid **** as my style field back when I first joined. Mods didn't care.

I always assumed that someone like me a hobbyist at best with 11 years of boxing and kickboxing a year of judo and 4 years of KravMaga that trains in boxing 3 times a week, spar, lift weights, jump rope punch bags etc. is the average, the norm for the noobs!!!!
    On what basis did you make that assumption?

So when a cocky (am not talking about TS specifically) Mod talks i assume he is either making a living from MA like Omega or at least a serious pro in his field even if it is some traditional stile
    Again, why do you assume this?

otherwise why da **** is he such a fucking prominent player here?
    'Net happens.

I was very shocked to place faces and ability with names of some of the people here.
    If you make assumptions, prepare to be shocked. That's on you.

Some justified their cockiness and some made me grimace.
    Would you rather cocky people didn't justify their cockiness?

I am not saying that automatically if you are a fighter or a very skilled MAtist you should be treated differently here, because lets face it most actual successful fighters (are not here) are stupid shallow uneducated people.
    Met most of them, have you? That's a lot of people. Guess you'd be in a position to know, then.

BUT if you do hand out positions here and if people talk a big talk (and a lot do) i would at least expect them to be much better than I
    If you don't actually meet and fight them in person, where do go expecting any such thing?

a hobbyist (no TS a few months of MT does not make you one...after a few years you can say this is a life long hobby).
    Only if one's lifespan is few years in length.

Seriously, ersatzb, I'm curious: given all these dubiously-based assumptions and expectations you have--and all the shock you experience when they don't appear to be met (because they're dubiously-based)--what variety of logic do you operate on? It might be worthy of some kind of neuropsychological study.

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 1:52pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, are any of you experts on implementing Mediawiki across multiple domains on a shared hosting platform?

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 1:53pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Seriously, are any of you experts on implementing Mediawiki across multiple domains on a shared hosting platform?
    I have an Xbox, just restarting your machine should do the trick.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 1:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs View Post
    - Filming is permited like it always was, just not of me
    I think you're the only person in the history of TD's to request this. Omega asked for a video blackout on some challenge grappling, but that was a "closed door" kind of thing. People just film at TD's. I'm on tape going at it at times I didn't even know anyone was watching much less taping. If people are going to insist they not be taped simply because people are going to comment on the vids, then Sambosteve is right and we really have fallen a long, long way.

A female member getting stalked, sure; A dude in witness protection, absolutely. Anyone else... come ON :\

seeing my 2009 footage mentioned with my 2010 training regime, just shows that there are people still with an agenda on this site
    All you had to do was say you improved. Instead you made threats and took pot shots at people's families. With two years distance can you see how that kind of response creates shitstorms?

This is how you responded to being called "fat and sloppy":
    VVV

Quote Originally Posted by Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs View Post
    So you want to put me in the equation. I feel honoured.

Yes, indeed you are right, I let myself go in that period. Small depression after the divorce (even if I wasn't officially married).

You must feel quit safe running of your mouth with a nice big ocean seperating us, because I already outtrained you in the last 13 months and I'm 100% sure that you wouldn't even dare to say that to my face.
    Unfortunally while still having a job and an income I ain't going to waist a single dime flying to the US to mop the floor of a cage with your face (I wouldn't be able to get in the corners very well)

Now do I have to post the vid of KosherKickboxer getting choked out and link it to your parenting skills?

I think you and I have gotten to know each other well enough since then that I know you're a decent guy who didn't like sucking and upped his training. Still, media blackout? Come on, man, you're better than that.

Congrats on making blue, man!
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 11/28/2012 2:41pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

:)

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 2:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Open hand strike to the keyboard should do it.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 2:12pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 3:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rene, you were a beginner in 2009, and you're 11 months past your blue belt promotion now. No one is going to criticize you, dude. Hiding off camera is unnecessary and weak. You should be proud of what you've done and hold it up as an example to others; you're one of the site's success stories.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 3:14pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    I think you're the only person in the history of TD's to request this. Omega asked for a video blackout on some challenge grappling, but that was a "closed door" kind of thing.
    Whoa what? You're confusing your facts old man. That was a throwdown. Everybody that showed up talk themselves up on this site. I had nothing to prove except to say that I showed up when others wouldn't. I never talked **** to anybody that showed up to that throwdown about the throwdown.

Most of you guys have this pre conceived notion of what a member here has to be.

1. I agree with sambosteve. Some of you give us this crap that you're a hobbyist as an excuse not to get better.

2. I agree with erezb (I think this is one of the few times I've done this). If you're on this site you should at least be vested in the practice of it.

Let's not fool ourselves people. How many actual heavy practitioners are going to be dedicating themselves to the tech support, moderation, and general welfare of this site? Think of the person who comes to the gym and participates in classes but does no sparring whatsoever. Parents at my gym help me as much as they can. I figure it's because I give of myself as much as I can.

Where am I going with this rant? I have no idea. I just think everybody is too busy fucking with everybody else to really give a **** to the actual problem. Ironic coming from me. I've pigeon holed myself with being the forums' "tough guy". It's laughable when I see you peacocks strutting around trying to do the same thing without an ounce of skill to back it up.

I have conflicting view points on this. One, I don't think you need to be a black belt in **** to help out and moderate these forums. Two, I think you do need to improve and if you're not you better rethink your life. Not just martial arts, I really mean your life.

We could've become the experts when it comes to real martial arts. We're not. We have had dozens of members here use us as a launch platform. As soon as they got better they left. Why? Don't know don't care.

Imagine, this site could be so much more than it can be.

Eurobullies, you've been called out on your bullshit man. I've never seen those video until today. Do you suck? Yes. You going to cry or are you going to get better?

Everybody else throdowns: You suck too, I've been saying this **** for years. I'm not trying to come off as a know it all but for fucking years you guys hide in your little cave and preach on what you know and don't know (Steve, and Gezere, don't read this). I'm a retired pro fighter so I shouldn't practice forms. In order grapple you must do BJJ. You don't have enough money go do Judo. Muay Thai and boxing is all you need for striking. All Taekwondo sucks. Krav Maga is nothing but LARPing. This will never use this in an actual fight. How long are you people going to keep talking in absolutes and keep getting it wrong?

I've been here for 10 years folks. I'm not leaving. I have hopes for this site, and it's cost me more than just time. I have no monies invested but since 1989 I decided to invest my life to the martial arts and I've been completely disgusted with what I've found out there (for the record I started in '78). If you're a hobbyist, keep being a hobbyist, but don't act like a tough guys. This is bullshido, admit who you are people. I don't believe I've ever hidden behind any of my blackbelts, pro fighter status, or anything like that. I know what my skill levels are. These are things that I can prove time in and time out. Can you?

We have some great people on this site doing great things and you should be supporting them as much as you can despite the fact I'm sure they're just using us as a platform. When you do this it puts value in what you're doing.

SoCalpankration: promoting pankration and live contact throughout the US.
    SAMBOsteve: Helping to actively get MMA legalized in New York.
    AlanBelcher and Mikey Triangle: MMA fighters.
    JScully: Alway putting up useful information.
    (those judo guys always putting up great videos...don't kill for forgetting your names)
    Who am I missing?

We should have dozens of experts on this site using and abusing us to help feed information on what's real and what's not. I'm even for full support of Bullshido Challenge matches.

This thread has gone soooooo many fucking directions. What did you think you were going to accomplish besides our usual annual member fall out. Keep it together people and keep your eye on the ball.

(not edited for grammar or sense....just vent)

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 3:16pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ....and here you lame fucks

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 3:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    ....and here you lame fucks

I show this to people all the time. It's amazing and inspiring.