222245 Bullies, 3697 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 3049
Page 183 of 305 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183 184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 12:52pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    True. But, people throw the word around as if it excuses suckitude. Look, most olympians in this country are "hobbyists". They have day jobs, real lives. I was a "hobbyist" before I made this my career. Most aspiring fighters are "hobbyists" until they are able to live off fighting...if ever.

The point is that there is nothing wrong with being a hobbyist who is able to move on to bigger things, or a hobbyist who keeps it as a side pursuit. But, to use the term as it is being used here, as an excuse for mediocrity, is total BS. Mediocrity is not due to the fact that martial arts is a hobby.

****, my entire competative career was while I was a "hobbyist". So people need to stop using the fact that this is their hobby as an exuse for shitty training and vaginitis
    Thanks Steve for clarifying. But you and I both know that humans being human will always have an excuse for their limitations. I think just having a fist for being part of a TD should be revamped. Video proof of a semblance of skills should be displayed. If they use the I'm a hobbyist, and I suck excuse, they don't get a TD fist till they don't suck and prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 12:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandinha View Post
    Didn't you fight Josh? Just curious, have you gotten better? Was watching yourself getting tapped out make you up your training? I'm wondering if you are different from any of those you are currently berating for sucking on a TD video.
    Yes, that was me. I started taking grappling seriously after that loss. JordanT will verify; he taught me. I've been on a lay off for a while, but I just got back on the mat with my kid yesterday and tested the injury and its fine. I'm already scheduled to train with Jordan later today. God willing, I stay healthy and focused. I might even be good someday.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 12:57pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    You took this **** seriously enough to put your ass in the cage to prove a point. That's the difference. You took this **** seriously enough to dig into your pocket to host this ****, and then got on the mat and got hit hard. Your interest in keeping it real off line is clear.

In the brave new world, putting up bills to host a Mega is enough, and no one blinks if you don't get on the mat at all. That's the difference.

And yes I realize the cage was a ring and that you fell out :)
    Matt, not everyone is like you, or me. Willing to see if what they have was worth the time to pursue it as a hobby. I know I've gotten better, and I know you have. What we have to do between you and me, and other members is foster that same type of mindset to those who suck and use the hobbyist excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 1:03pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record I've been reading this train wreck. I will chime in when I'm ready.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 1:10pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    For the record I've been reading this train wreck. I will chime in when I'm ready.
    Cool. I look forward to another Twilight dissertation.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 1:11pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look people, the vast bulk of the human race isn't interested in the Martial Arts. Of those who are, an even smaller percentage of those have the ability to be competitive at any serious level. Of those who do, even fewer have the luxury to post on an Internet forum about it.

The whole purpose of Bullshido isn't to be some sort of fundamentalist jihad against people who aren't in the gym a minimum of X hours per week, or because they're just shitty athletes in general.

From what I've seen on the forums, there are only a handful of people that don't get what we're about here, whether they actually implement it in their lives or not. Those people are still useful members of the community, provided they're not representing themselves as anything they're not.

You can be a shitty athlete and still a functional member of this community. What you cannot do, is present yourself as anything you're not. That's the only goddamn thing anyone here should be concerned with, because it's our entire reason for doing business.

Do not lose sight of this. Bullshido, as a community, isn't designed to be a bunch of experts jerking each other off at how awesome they are; it's designed for experts to be:

a.) easily recognized so that

b.) they can share information with novices, hobbyists, amateurs, and future pros alike.

Sharing information only works if you have an audience of people to share it with. You could be the goddamn reincarnation of Jigoro Kano, but if you don't actually share your knowledge with anyone, it does nobody any good and makes you a smug, selfish ****.

I personally want EVERYONE to go to a Throwdown. EVERYONE. You, the lurker reading this post, his grandmother, the goddamn Google script crawling this page if it develops consciousness and can find a robot body to inhabit. EVERYONE.

If you suck, so what. Try not to suck as much tomorrow by doing things within your ability as your life allows. And if your life doesn't allow for that at the current moment, hang around and contribute what you can until it does.

Because every ************ here will eventually become a creaky, wrinkled bag of aching joints and diminished physical ability. At that point, the knowledge you've accumulated will be what determines your value in the Martial Arts world.

Now I have to get back to figuring out how to fix the goddamn wiki.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 1:17pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post

Because every ************ here will eventually become a creaky, wrinkled bag of aching joints and diminished physical ability. At that point, the knowledge you've accumulated will be what determines your value in the Martial Arts world.
    Let me know when you join the club, ill have milk and cookies ready for you.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 1:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My first and last post in this thread:

- There will be a EuroMega 5
    - Filming is permited like it always was, just not of me: seeing my 2009 footage mentioned with my 2010 training regime, just shows that there are people still with an agenda on this site
    - No ousting here has changed my training regime. I was already changing styles before the first EuroMega (6 months of BJJ and 3 months of Judo after a 6 months recovery period). I started to train Muay Thai 6 days after the first EuroMega do to talking to Lebell.
    Since december 2011, I'm a BJJ bluebelt (Brasa) and an Assistent-Initiateur in La Boxe Française Savate and Savate-Défense. I'm a novice in La Canne de Combat.

- SirC: anyone may organize a EuroTD, but at this moment I'm the only one that invests the time in it and picks up the bill (training facility and seminars given there).

And now I'm meeting up with a UK Bully for some BJJ at Brasa Belgium and afterwards I'll drive him back to Brussels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 1:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not going to any TD's if Neal is inviting the Google-bots. I'm afraid of spiders.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 1:37pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs View Post
    I started to train Muay Thai 6 days after the first EuroMega do to talking to Lebell.
    See guys? Even morons like me have their use! :P
    Since december 2011, I'm a BJJ bluebelt (Brasa)
    Totally missed that! good job!