218357 Bullies, 4638 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 3049
Page 181 of 305 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181 182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 11:01am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    Prominence on any forum is kind of subjective; there are many different types of people on these boards. The forum leaders and moderators may be in their position for more than their fighting skill or level of training. Some are obviously amateur, semi-pro and even professional fighters and some are hobbyist. I try to take it for what it is.

I have read posts by members with less than 6 months and 100 posts that made perfect sense. Conversely, I have seen members with years on the board and thousands of posts put up some real bullshit.

It is not for me to say who is qualified to be a forum leader or moderator. I am on here to learn a little something, be entertained, constructively use my down-time while on watch (3am to 11am is a boring shift), and on occasion contribute something useful.

The whole thing is geared towards refuting unsubstantiated bullshit ma claims, exposing fraud and working toward a way of consistently ranking actual skill levels in an apples and oranges world.

On the one hand you say it is not your place to comment on who and what, on the other you hand you say what this site is all about (as well you should you support the site). For me it is simple, you know how under your name BS is constantly presenting its motto, saying stuff like "I find your lack of sparring disturbing" "eat stake lift weight" "we give the internet a black eye" ect. it is plain and simple cut and dry. I gave an example of a cat forum (i joined one lately after purchasing a cat) how would you feel if the mods and veterans on the site didn't even own cats??? it would look totally fucking Bull ****, incidentally the name of this site. Now, i would not make a big deal of it by posting if the fucking mods wouldn't have made such a fucking big deal over your stile field and how much you train and all in the first place. I always assumed that someone like me a hobbyist at best with 11 years of boxing and kickboxing a year of judo and 4 years of KravMaga that trains in boxing 3 times a week, spar, lift weights, jump rope punch bags etc. is the average, the norm for the noobs!!!! So when a cocky (am not talking about TS specifically) Mod talks i assume he is either making a living from MA like Omega or at least a serious pro in his field even if it is some traditional stile, otherwise why da **** is he such a fucking prominent player here? I was very shocked to place faces and ability with names of some of the people here. Some justified their cockiness and some made me grimace.
    I am not saying that automatically if you are a fighter or a very skilled MAtist you should be treated differently here, because lets face it most actual successful fighters (are not here) are stupid shallow uneducated people. BUT if you do hand out positions here and if people talk a big talk (and a lot do) i would at least expect them to be much better than I, a hobbyist (no TS a few months of MT does not make you one...after a few years you can say this is a life long hobby).

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 11:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Well for starters, "Hobbyist" meant this

So nobody there sucked?

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 11:20am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    Just saying hi to Hiro Trolltagonist
    What is killing me with those two, is that they went to a fight-wear shop, and paid good money on those hot pants they wear, all the time they had to look up MT on Wikipedia. The only people that spend tons of money immediately as they sign up to a gym are the ones that do those once a month appearances, talk a little, say they can't spar because of some lie and spank a punching bag loudly before high fiveing everyone for a great workout.
    BTW unless hero is in the middle of a 360 double leg kick and TS is weaving under it, that is the saddest "fight" pic ever (or funniest). I love it that he saw your avatar and said nothing LOL.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 11:23am

supporting member
     Style: Novice Sub Grappler

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    So nobody there sucked?
    I didn't say anything about skill. I see real hobbyists doing something they care about and showing it. I see people who are in training, at various levels, looking like they are in training.

People start out new hobbies all the time, and they will look like beginners in the beginning, and they will look like advanced beginners the next time you see them. No hobbyist looks like he's LARPing the activity.

If you and I roll, you will see that I've put in exactly the amount of time I have said I have, and not a spazzing n00b UFC fan.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 11/28/2012 11:31am at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 11:34am

supporting member
     Style: yoga/bodyweight mainly

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Gong Sau Extravaganza 2013: Sirc vs. 3moose

I have to say I agree with sambosteve about using being a hobbyist is an invalid excuse to suck. Until I reinjured myself at work, I trained 3 to 4 days a week (only kickboxing) as a hobbyist. If you suck, recognize what your weaknesses are and focus on them. You can do this even as a hobbyist.
    Start a training log!

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 11:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    I have to say I agree with sambosteve about using being a hobbyist is an invalid excuse to suck. Until I reinjured myself at work, I trained 3 to 4 days a week (only kickboxing) as a hobbyist. If you suck, recognize what your weaknesses are and focus on them. You can do this even as a hobbyist.

How's that sanitation job search coming along?

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 11:50am

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    I didn't say anything about skill. I see real hobbyists doing something they care about and showing it. I see people who are in training, at various levels, looking like they are in training.

People start out new hobbies all the time, and they will look like beginners in the beginning, and they will look like advanced beginners the next time you see them. No hobbyist looks like he's LARPing the activity.

If you and I roll, you will see that I've put in exactly the amount of time I have said I have, and not a spazzing n00b UFC fan.
    So who does the inverse of this apply to, apart from Hiro? We're all engaged in profound soul searching now because one guy isn't as good as he said he was?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 11:54am

supporting member
     Style: yoga/bodyweight mainly

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Gong Sau Extravaganza 2013: Sirc vs. 3moose

Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    How's that sanitation job search coming along?
    You're better than this. I get off work at 4 EST, I expect to see something better by then.
    Start a training log!

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 11:56am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In fact, isn't this some similar urine in a differently configured receptacle?
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17484

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 12:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    **** I miss Boyd. Damn the quality of our posting and posters sucks; me included.