221360 Bullies, 3895 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 3049
Page 178 of 305 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178 179180181182188228278 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 9:31am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Don't address me anymore.
    Dude, you're a MOD.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 9:32am

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    Thats fine, each class should have one retard
    and if anyone thinks their class doesn't have one its them

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 9:33am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Dude, you're a MOD.
    He should give his forumleadership to Chris.
    Let it be done!

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 9:34am

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it still on that sportinghall location?
    That place is excellent.
    That's it. And it is.

Wrong conclusion my friend.
    The point is this: Hiro and TS both had an awfull lot to say, gong sauing, threatening, god knows what.
    Then hiro turns out to be full of ****.
    Now TS was being very suspicious about his training which makes me wonder: wtf is happening over there?
    I did say most of the criticism was valid. I see TS being in a counter-troll mode with his training history bullshit he just pulled, ie. normal day at ze Internets.

Do you want TD's to become nice little gatherings for your internet homies?
    Do some frollicking, get a shiny TDfist, all backing eachother up: 'if you wont tell me I suck I wont tell that you suck'

Because thats what Im seeing here right now.
    I dont care about someones level or footage, I dont make fun of people for that reason.
    Ill be very clear: I am not convinced TS has anymore than the very basic skills (which is fine) and he shouldnt be a forumleader.
    Hiro all together has no bussiness on here, after his little bitchfest.
    I'm not qualified to evaluate anyone's stand up skills as I have no real formal training in it, but to me TS's current form seemed good. Since there was no real stand-up sparring I don't know anything about the other more elusive skills relevant to punching people in the face. I don't have any opinions about the forum leader stuff though except for "what does fighting skills have to do with looking over the betting system on an internet forum".

Hiro has the same right to participate here as you have. If he has talked too much **** he deserves to be called on it, but until the mods decide he's so bad for the community that he needs to be banned you'll just have to deal with it.

The point also is: if a TD degenerates into a tardfest with some flailing, talking into a camera and some backslaps while being 'expert on an internet forum, I rather drop by at the WC school down the street instead of spending money travelling to Belgium.

You may want to consider this point.
    Yeah, and you're making it better by staying at home and whining about it on the net. Do something about it - Come film and teach us a lesson (for realz!) if your back prevents you from sparring. We can only do our own parts -- for my part all I can do is get back on the mats the instant I have the opportunity again and barring serious injuries will bring an improved grappling game with me next year.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 9:36am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He should give his forumleadership to Chris.
    Let it be done!
    I know this is a stupid question, but which forum is he leading in the first place?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 9:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr View Post
    That's it. And it is.
    Nice.
    And spacious too.

I did say most of the criticism was valid. I see TS being in a counter-troll mode with his training history bullshit he just pulled, ie. normal day at ze Internets.
    He kept 'trolling'when I just asked him.
    I wasnt baiting or trolling him, I honestly got curious because he was so difficult about it, later that curiosity turned into suspicion.

Hiro has the same right to participate here as you have. If he has talked too much **** he deserves to be called on it, but until the mods decide he's so bad for the community that he needs to be banned you'll just have to deal with it.
    I'll never ban anyone from a TD, its not my position to do so.
    But what bothers me is: why is nobody taking a long hard look at themselves?
    Why werent Hiro and TS saying: hang on, I shouldnt get a td fist for this, this is retarded.
    There's not a shred of selfcriticism to be spotted here.

Yeah, and you're making it better by staying at home and whining about it on the net. Do something about it - Come film and teach us a lesson (for realz!) if your back prevents you from sparring. We can only do our own parts -- for my part all I can do is get back on the mats the instant I have the opportunity again and barring serious injuries will bring an improved grappling game with me next year.
    If you'd like I could do a short session of Sanda throws/combos?
    Im willing to do that if people are interested in it.

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 9:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know this is a stupid question, but which forum is he leading in the first place?
    I wouldnt even let him run noobietown at this point.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 9:51am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, you're a MOD.
    Hmm, damn you got me. Okay, you can address me, but only when it's necessary. Like when there's a fire emergency or something

Hpr already made good points, here a few others:

Wrong conclusion my friend.
    The point is this: Hiro and TS both had an awfull lot to say, gong sauing, threatening, god knows what.
    Your memory is faulty, check your facts. (just like Omo)

Now TS was being very suspicious about his training which makes me wonder: wtf is happening over there?
    I already explained that, and as hpr nicely restated, counter troll mode. If you don't get it, that's your problem.

The point also is: if a TD degenerates into a tardfest with some flailing, talking into a camera and some backslaps while being 'expert on an internet forum, I rather drop by at the WC school down the street instead of spending money travelling to Belgium.

You may want to consider this point.
    I was as saddened as the others who showed up this year. Why? Cause I couldn't show off my newly gained skills against another striker. Meanwhile you're still here bitching about TD quality months afterwards. What have you actually done for it? AT LEAST, I show up.

Oh yeah, this is what you do: "Oh yeah, everybody should totally like train and stuff."

Show up next time.

Its really hard for you to just stfu and take something from this huh?
    Im actually trying to HELP you.
    But you have to be honest with yourself first.

In the end you may fool several people on here or at a TD, but you're not fooling me, you seem to be far more concerned with your internetstanding and gatherings than to actually train and make the Bs-community a little less BS-sy.
    No, I'm honest. As been recently shown. Your idea is based on wrong premises.

You want a deja-vu moment?

That Forum Leader tag you keep harping on about, yeah.
    Have you even bothered to ask me why I have it and what forum I moderate?

EDIT: Oh okay, Matt (not Lebell) finally asked. The pro competition forum. What do I do there? Keep it clean, make threads of upcoming shows, set up varrots bets for fun.

Get it? It's a volunteer secretary job which only requires that you understand what's going on in the ring.

Dumbasses.
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 11/28/2012 10:00am at .

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 9:52am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He kept 'trolling'when I just asked him.
    I wasnt baiting or trolling him, I honestly got curious because he was so difficult about it, later that curiosity turned into suspicion.
    To me it seems pretty consistent in how he acts sometimes. But I can't speak for him, so I'll stop doing that now.

I'll never ban anyone from a TD, its not my position to do so.
    But what bothers me is: why is nobody taking a long hard look at themselves?
    Why werent Hiro and TS saying: hang on, I shouldnt get a td fist for this, this is retarded.
    There's not a shred of selfcriticism to be spotted here.
    I can't find it but I actually have a hazy recollection of making the TD fist request for them after I got back home, and them reacting similarly to what you said. I'm sure someone will promptly provide evidence to counter my memories.

If you'd like I could do a short session of Sanda throws/combos?
    Im willing to do that if people are interested in it.
    Hell yes.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 9:54am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    The fact that they are prominent members in a MA forum that advocates real fighting skills and regular hard core training is funny and sad.
    Prominence on any forum is kind of subjective; there are many different types of people on these boards. The forum leaders and moderators may be in their position for more than their fighting skill or level of training. Some are obviously amateur, semi-pro and even professional fighters and some are hobbyist. I try to take it for what it is.

I have read posts by members with less than 6 months and 100 posts that made perfect sense. Conversely, I have seen members with years on the board and thousands of posts put up some real bullshit.

It is not for me to say who is qualified to be a forum leader or moderator. I am on here to learn a little something, be entertained, constructively use my down-time while on watch (3am to 11am is a boring shift), and on occasion contribute something useful.

The whole thing is geared towards refuting unsubstantiated bullshit ma claims, exposing fraud and working toward a way of consistently ranking actual skill levels in an apples and oranges world.