223586 Bullies, 4064 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2987
Page 165 of 299 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165 166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 11:29am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey Erez, wanna do a jews vs aryans gong sau when im in Jerusalem?
    Should make a nice thread!

:-p

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 11:29am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Annnnnnd that's ALL THREE

Get it yet you fucktards? You're arguing a non-point. This is and has always been the way the style field is supposed to work. It's not up to YOU to forget you only did BJJ for a month and leave it up there for 5 years by "accident". Give it up and Straighten The **** Out.
    Actually, do you remember what you supposedly quizzed the three founders on? It was this:

The core idea of this place has been the same: no BS; train the best stuff you can get your hands on. I will eat my scally cap if JKD, ICY and Phrost tell me I'm wrong here.

Clearly, that is a rather different thing than your fetish for the style field—a fetish which, as Phrost himself points out, he doesn't share because he's not updated his field lately. If you'd like another datum, do check out my Phrost-approved style field this morning.

See Matt, this is what IIF is getting at. There is a commonality between the list of arguments you and Omo made, and the singular argument you're claiming to make. The arguments made are:

Forum leaders should train.
    Forum leaders should train and be better than Dan Bowen.
    Everyone here should train, unless there's some extenuating circumstance, or they should not post.
    Everyone here should train, or they should not post, unless they are posting about how everyone here should train or not post, or about their band, or if they have some funny gifs, or if their son is training.
    Everyone here should train kickboxing to a certain level that one can see on a sparring video.
    Everyone's style field must be accurate in the 'present' tense.
    Everyone's style field must be accurate in the 'present' tense with 'present' meaning 'a month in the past.'
    Everyone's style field must be accurate in the 'present' tense regardless of their past expertise until a 'past tense' field is also created.
    Everyone's style field must be accurate in the 'present' tense unless a senior admin thinks it's funny to have some stupid bullshit in it instead.
    The founders believe that this place should be about live training.
    The founders are extremely interested in an accurate style field.
    The founders are extremely interested in an accurate style field, but some of them don't care to make sure that their own style fields are accurate.

It's fine and dandy to argue all of these things in sequence, so long as you acknowledge that initial arguments needed nuance and clarification, and it's fine to argue all of these things in sequence if, over the course of the conversation you and Omo have changed your minds.

What's not find is to make all these arguments in sequence, and claim that they're all the same exact argument and that further it is a simple capital-T Truth. This is how we know that you're either a) stupid, or b) drink lots of red bull and rums when you decide to spend sixteen hours at a time posting (which also makes you stupid).
    Last edited by Rivington; 11/27/2012 11:41am at .

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 11:35am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    Yup, I had the same with rockape, who got a bit angry when I stated I had more martial skill in my pinky finger than he had in his entire body.
    Under threat of ban I had to write down my resume etc, and then he conveniently ignored any offer I made for him to drop by at a TD to train with me and make up his own mind.

He himself had shown no skills and simply decided it wasnt worthy of any answer.

Back then I already said that the most vocal mods had the least to show for.
    (mostly aiming at Rockape.)
    I remember bro you are the one i was talking about, thinking how they (dick ***** mods that have no business being here) like to be so tough and pedantic especially when challenged on their BS, and it seemed like the norm. And all the other mods where present and said nothing......But now suddenly it is no big deal...

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 11:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey Erez, wanna do a jews vs aryans gong sau when im in Jerusalem?
    Should make a nice thread!

:-p
    LOL yes!!! finally a chance for a jew!!! btw don't talk like that in my gym, Russians have no love or humor about that stuff :D. Do we get a "fisting" for a boxing match or does it have to be an MMA match? :P

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 11:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    I remember bro you are the one i was talking about, thinking how they (dick ***** mods that have no business being here) like to be so tough and pedantic especially when challenged on their BS, and it seemed like the norm. And all the other mods where present and said nothing......But now suddenly it is no big deal...
    Well, to me it was a bit of a sobering situation, i honestly was dissapointed in how he handled the whole situation and simply jumped on a bandwagon to rip me a new one.
    It became painfully clear though he bit a bit more off than he could chew and also he didnt walk his own talk.
    That being said, I still have some basic respect for him, putting his balls on the line for the free world in some shithole across the globe.

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 11:39am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL yes!!! finally a chance for a jew!!! btw don't talk like that in my gym, Russians have no love or humor about that stuff :D. Do we get a "fisting" for a boxing match or does it have to be an MMA match? :P
    pfff whatever, russian jews are still more jews than russians.
    OH SNAP!
    ITS ON NOW.

GOTT IM HIMMEL!

I suggest 'Lebell vs Erezb, second circumcisionz' for a threadtitle.

(hows my trashtalking coming along?)

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 11:43am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Weird that when a mod threatens to ban you if you don't prove you train in a style, no body flinches, but when people say they think especially mods should be clear about their ability and style people either shrug it off or object. I guess it depends on how popular the guy in question is. Why play naive? you demand it from noobs but take it easy when it is you.....
    I've always seen the style field wars as the bullshido version of "disorderly conduct." Disorderly conduct can be a real issue, but it can also just be "annoying a cop." I found many of the temp bans around style fields to be silly, stupid, and petty, just like many disorderly conduct arrests are. You can put me down for flinching.

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 11:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    You wanna get together and train, that would be a good idea. Maybe we can get the Boston Bullies together and do a TD. Tai Chi with angry faces sounds slightly silly. Happy to train with you and you can show me what push hands is all about.
    Oh, there's never any anger in pushing hands. One, I push hands with stupid people all the time (a hazard of park play, and one of the benefits of it as well) and two anger leads to tensed shoulders, which is bad for push hands. I'm not qualified to teach push hands, but I can do it, and show it.

I'll pm you when we get closer to the date, as I won't know my panel schedule at my conference for a few weeks. I'll also need to visit Redbones at one point while I'm out there.

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 11:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, to me it was a bit of a sobering situation, i honestly was dissapointed in how he handled the whole situation and simply jumped on a bandwagon to rip me a new one.
    It became painfully clear though he bit a bit more off than he could chew and also he didnt walk his own talk.
    That being said, I still have some basic respect for him, putting his balls on the line for the free world in some shithole across the globe.
    I remember **** he said like "i kill people for a living" etc. he is BS in the flesh, i did not believe him for a sec as you can remember i had a nice welcome thread with some antisemitic crap ect. and a couple of bans. btw you can be a pencil pusher desk warrior in the Army, and usually the ones that actually do the stuff you think he does either write a book about it or shut up. He acted like a freak stereotype BS wanna be tough guy.

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 11:49am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, now the emails and such all come together.

Anyway, the point is this: we realize Bullshido isn't your full time job, or your part time job, or an integral portion of your life. So we don't have any plans on setting hard guidelines for your style field short of "oh yeah, I haven't been doing Eretrian Headbutting for a few months, maybe I should update that section before someone gets all nit-picky".

However we would like Bullshido to be an integral tool for your Martial Arts training, so we're currently working on ways to make it easier for you to update and share your information with like-minded people in order to get the most out of your training when you can't otherwise actually be training (at work, at the in-laws for dinner, sitting next to your wife on the couch while she watches Sex and the City reruns, etc.).

What we owe you guys on this is a system that makes it easier for you to update your information, and a good reason to keep it updated (aside from people jumping your ass over it).

this image added because some of you have no fucking attention spans so here's a break for you to recuperate between paragraphs

And on the flip-side, we don't expect everyone to be actively training in something or else they need to get the hell off the website and die you fucking ***** what is wrong with you... ahem. Unless you're fortunate enough for the Martial Arts to provide you a full time job, we know this is just a hobby, or at best, an amateur pursuit. You make up 99% of the people who do the Martial Arts.

So for those people, who have busy lives and other commitments, we're here to help you squeeze out more value of how you spend your spare time by:

a.) helping prevent you from wasting it at shitty schools with shitty instructors learning shitty skills.
    b.) providing a community where experts can be easily recognized for their expertise and have an easy means of sharing it with you, or other experts.
    c.) providing motivation and support for each other to constantly improve in the little time most of us have.

Now don't take point "C" as some kind of huggy-feely, "everyone's somebody cuz god don't make junk" kindergarten bullshit. Support and motivation can also come in the form of shame and derision when it's deserved. NOBODY on this website is immune from this. ****, at the first MegaThrowdown (the day after my 30th birthday party), I showed up still drunk and hung over with two hours of sleep and tapped to a neck crank by an overweight Aikidoka. I got a TON of **** for it, and rightly so.

It's the reason why a Judo legend was run off the site because he couldn't handle reasonable criticism and expected that his past efforts entitled him to be called on his present bullshit.

That's how Bullshido, the community works. We don't give hugs, we take underhooks. And you'd goddamn well better pummel if you expect to stay on your feet. Because this whole enterprise revolves around fighting, and you don't get better at it without getting punched in the face, and being punched in the face by someone who wants you to get better.