222477 Bullies, 4353 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2987
Page 163 of 299 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 10:25am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    I never said this wasn't the case.

Yet you have been responding to posts AROUND THE CLOCK. And for a couple of days now. And "phone, Diego" is not a legitimate response.

Yet there are a few off topic fora and even a "classifieds" section. If this were still the case, why are some fora moderated "with an iron fist" while others barely at all?

Having "Kickboxing" in your style field does not imply anything more than I currently/previously trained in Kickboxing. If you take that to mean they are a phenom or whatever, that is entirely on you. Assuming the person isn't a liar, it should take nothing more than a question to find out about their training and if they are a liar they will likely be ousted sooner or later.
    Dude you have joined a few months ago, maybe take it down a notch? or are you one of those little dogs nibbling on someone being attacked?
    **** it, if this guy can say what he wants about how the site is or should be, i will say my peace. I think there are some moderators that act tough, in a MA fighting forum while they are fucking nothing, that is disturbing and that is exactly why people may think this site is a bunch of keyboard warriors. If you are a leader you need to lead by example. If you are a mod in a MA site you better be good in some MA (i don't care if it is effective). They are the ones that represent the site not i not Matt, them. So of course they are held to a higher level. FFS if you go to a cat forum and the mods don't own cats.....than WTF?

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 10:29am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post
    if this is the consensus view, then neil should pull the plug on this site and send us all over to sherdog and the underground. this site has been dedicated to two things. outing frauds, and promoting aliveness. if you aren't training alive, then what are you doing here? we could all go talk about PPVs and TUF on any of the other forums dedicated specifically to that.

it's fine to not train. i assume you didn't go to med school, and that's fine. but i assume you also don't hang out in forums for doctors either.
    I am just reading through all these new developments and have not finished the thread yet, but to comment on this:

Yes, IMO the assumption here, even goal of the site, is for people to be training and if you are not, to get started with it. This is one of the reasons I originally came here: because it was about active training and outing frauds. That is what made this place different. Our user bios ask us to fill out a style field to boot.

In my experience here, this is why most noobs came here as well: because they needed help with getting good training or wanted to help others do the same. I never saw this site as a fan site.

Now, is it required to train? I suppose not. But, I would expect that everyone who has a style field filled out would be training that style at least.

To Omo's point about med school, I have a similar analogy. I used to use the medical library all the time at my old job at the Medical center. And maybe, there would be those who assumed I was a doctor (at time people did). But, my id tag stated otherwise and I always corrected them. By the same token, this was a site for people who train, not for fanboys. Maybe it is us for assuming that, but if you have a style field filled out and are not training, it is on you.

All the rationalization now does not change, for me, that this site was about active (alive) training and outing frauds (which is part of helping people find good training); That this is what made this site unique. And yes, I believe the same standard should apply to red-namers, active posters, supporting members, etc. Were it not not the assumption that people here were not training this way, or at least being honest about their lack of it, we would never have had issues with the multitude of people we have over the years....and would not be congratulating those who have turned around their game.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 10:35am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Annnnnnd that's ALL THREE

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost and me
    Me:can I quote this

"(quoting Phrost) It's up to the members to call people on that. Hell, I need to update mine since I'm not actively training in MMA at the moment." ?

Phrost: Yeah, that's fine.
    Get it yet you fucktards? You're arguing a non-point. This is and has always been the way the style field is supposed to work. It's not up to YOU to forget you only did BJJ for a month and leave it up there for 5 years by "accident". Give it up and Straighten The **** Out.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 10:49am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Annnnnnd that's ALL THREE

Get it yet you fucktards? You're arguing a non-point. This is and has always been the way the style field is supposed to work. It's not up to YOU to forget you only did BJJ for a month and leave it up there for 5 years by "accident". Give it up and Straighten The **** Out.
    OK, if Phorst says so. I still thinks it's retarded and makes keeping tabs on who the **** has done what harder since I don't have an eidetic memory and/or spend that much time on this board.
    Last edited by hpr; 11/27/2012 10:52am at .
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 10:52am

Style: DocePares/MMA(YawYan)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the love of ****.

Just fill in your fucking profiles with a bit of your history, that way anyone who actually gives a **** can click on your name and see what you've done.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 10:54am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    For the love of ****.

Just fill in your fucking profiles with a bit of your history, that way anyone who actually gives a **** can click on your name and see what you've done.
    Yeah because that's the user experience I'd rather have. Great UX design, guys.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 10:57am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daddykata View Post
    Matt is flailing, looking for some sort of internet win against TS. I like the point Kintanon is on about, but I agree with IiF - Matt is all over the map, right now.
    Nope.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 10:57am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Sorry, I meant someone who trains a martial art.
    *Gasp!* What a zinger!

That depends, do you train sub-grappling?
    What a big silly you are, answering a question with a question. Anyway, I'll be in town for a conference between the 6th and the 10th. The 8th would be best for me.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 10:59am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My fucking God you are all a bunch of whining no talented fucks and you are all complaining who is more untalented? Realy?

On hiatus

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 11:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    My fucking God you are all a bunch of whining no talented fucks and you are all complaining who is more untalented? Realy?
    That's not the issue and you know it.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40