223580 Bullies, 4133 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2987
Page 158 of 299 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 5:57am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been watching NHB/MMA religiously since 1993, hundreds and hundreds of matches. I also know the history and evolution of the sport very, very well, and have been invited on No Holds Barred to discuss it. No way should I be forum leader of an MMA forum; I don't know jack **** about what someone, say, training for a match ought to be doing to get ready. Just not qualified. You'd want an active fighter like Strikistanian, or a seasoned coach like Omega or Sambosteve.

Depending on their job, I think some staff members who were not training anything could do their duties just fine, legal, financial, tech, archival, shoespam zapping, sure no problem. As I said before. It would be helpful if their tags showed what the red name was for so I would know the red name didn't indicate expertise in a MA discussion. Redname plus a recognizable style in the style field plus not training = a problem IMO.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 11/27/2012 6:14am at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 6:09am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Bullshit I'm the only one who cares about it. Everyone who trains is likely very proud to put their style there.
    I'm sure the people who train hard don't really give two fucks about it. It's something they typed when they signed up. People who train might be proud of their achievements in tournaments, their success in street-fighting, some belt or rank, or even a little nod and affirmative grunt from an instructor, but you're a pretty sad man if you think typing "taijiquan" or "BJJ" into a style field means something to people who train. Speaking as someone who trains.

Can't wait. Can I get a round of sub grappling out of you also, since I've never pushed hands before? It's only fair.
    Oh, do you think that might favor you?

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 6:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    I'm sure the people who train hard don't really give two fucks about it. It's something they typed when they signed up. People who train might be proud of their achievements in tournaments, their success in street-fighting, some belt or rank, or even a little nod and affirmative grunt from an instructor, but you're a pretty sad man if you think typing "taijiquan" or "BJJ" into a style field means something to people who train. Speaking as someone who trains.
    Sorry, I meant someone who trains a martial art.

Oh, do you think that might favor you?
    That depends, do you train sub-grappling?

On hiatus

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 6:40am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WAAAAAAUUUW. HOO LEEE SHEEET.

So much bullshit has been stated since my last post, I'll have to cherry pick the best stuff later on. But let me just say this one thing already.

For all the talk about me being deceitful about my training and then (instead of a sincere apology) questioning the validity of my Forum Leader tag and whether I should even be on this site...

You two momos STILL don't know whether I train. You STILL haven't asked that question. I even explicitly SAID SO in my last post, and you still haven't bothered to ask: "Hey, are you still training?".

YOU FUCKING DUMBASS MOMOS. HOW DO YOU IDIOTS EVEN BREATHE.

Ahem

That alone tells me you're only concerened with your bullshit agendas and not so much about my progress in MA or the prosperity of this site.

EDIT: And go **** yourselves.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 6:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not talking ABOUT YOU. I agreed with Omo in principle. If you're training that's fukking awesome and none of this applies to you at all. What forum are you even leading in the first place?

On hiatus

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 7:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ASSHOLE, ASK ME THAT QUESTION.

After all this bullshit, you two shitheads at least owe me that much.

ASK ME THE QUESTION, ************

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 7:09am

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Gong Sau Extravaganza 2013: Sirc vs. 3moose

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    All the tactical maneuvering in the world won't change the fact of what the site has always stood for. Two of the three founders have already been quoted agreeing with both the specific point about staff, and the general idea for the membership as well. When the third says the same thing, you'll be arguing... what exactly?
    What exactly are you proving here? Yes, the founders had a vision for the site. And? Is it going in another direction? No.

Like any business, they have to cater to the needs/wants of the users/public to prosper. If we got rid of everybody that doesn't fit all of those particular standards, YOU wouldn't be posting anymore. A ton of people way more qualified than you to speak on these topics would be gone as well.

Ps. I like how you try to make a martyr of yourself by saying that you want to "**** on the efforts of Omo and Kin" by adding a style to your field that you don't currently practice but have practiced regularly. You're so fucking humble.
    Last edited by itwasntme; 11/27/2012 7:13am at .
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 7:10am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    ASSHOLE, ASK ME THAT QUESTION.

After all this bullshit, you two shitheads at least owe me that much.

ASK ME THE QUESTION, ************
    I hope the answer is yes. If Omo jumped on you for no reason, then take it up with him. I strongly support his general point about STAFF being leaders of the site and having an extra responsibility to be training their stated style. Don't you?

You think all this noise is about YOU in particular. Not hardly. Show me where I said I know you don't train.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 11/27/2012 7:13am at .

On hiatus

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 7:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU

Ask me the question.

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 7:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    What exactly are you proving here? Yes, the founders had a vision for the site. And? Is it going in another direction? No.

Like any business, they have to cater to the needs/wants of the users/public to prosper. If we got rid of everybody that doesn't fit all of those particular standards, YOU wouldn't be posting anymore. A ton of people way more qualified than you to speak on these topics would be gone as well.

Ps. I like how you try to make a martyr of yourself by saying that you want to "**** on the efforts of Omo and Kin" by adding a style to your field that you don't currently practice but have practiced regularly. You're so fucking humble.
    I know what they meant when they founded the site because I was there when they first discussed it. I believe I need to be training if I am going to post 0n this site, and I only post here if there is a specific focused reason, like updating my son's comp footage. I'm not training, and so i have nothing to post about.

The site was about doing and promoting real martial arts and combat sports, and exposing BS, not do-nothing posing. It was, and it is, and all this talk won't change that.

You think the needs/wants of the users/public to create the impression of training something that isn't being trained can force an anti-BS site to ignore that sort of... BS? Nope. The contributors to the March of Dimes can't force that organization to come out against the Polio vaccine either.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 11/27/2012 7:45am at .