223836 Bullies, 3672 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2987
Page 153 of 299 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,048

    Posted On:
    11/27/2012 1:06am

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait one god damned minute.

    So the argument here is that you should train the style you list in your field otherwise you're committing a crime?

    What the **** is wrong with you idiots? What exactly does this have to do with anything at all? At what point does this make a god damned lick of sense, especially since you all suck dick anyway.

    If anything you should all just have, "Not really good at anything" in your style field until you win a competition or two.
      #1521
  2. Matt Phillips is offline
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,650

    Posted On:
    11/27/2012 1:08am

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    The only reasonable response to this sort of bullshit claim is to check to see if you own the site. You don't, which you means you don't get to set the rules as to who can post here and who cannot.
    You know the difference between 1) "In my opinion you shouldn't be posting here if you do X" and 2) "I believe you should be prevented from posting here if you don't do X"

    I've talked to Omo about what he believes, and it's the former. I agree with him, and I stay 99% off the site if I'm not training. In my opinion there nothing to talk about when I'm not training.

    The little aside about "extenuating circumstances", designed primarily to let your pal Matt off the hook for not training, and for his own sad sad sad performance at a gong sau that didn't need to happen, well that's just an extra lol.
    Whatever he meant by it, I've said numerous times that I don't buy that excuse for not training when my son was small. It's a bullshit excuse, as is virtually every other excuse.

    LOL that you think this has any bearing on the GS with Josh; it was years earlier when KK was small. When the GS was set, I had been in and out of the same gym KK was training in full time.

    Unlike you and Hiro, I don't see that fight as a bad thing at all. I wish it happened for a better reason, but it opened my eyes and changed my training goals forever. There's nothing "sad" about my performance; I got exactly what I should have gotten from the type of training I was doing. Josh showed me in 18 seconds that no amount of what I was doing was going to work unless he fucked up his end of it. By the time I went to sleep that night I knew I should have put those 9 months into getting serious about grappling. That was the right strategy, but I was too stubborn to see it. Live and Learn. Try it.

    Hmm...to assist with investigations (which doesn't necessarily involve active training);
    I've done a fair amount of work in MABS and I can tell you that it's not possible to do effective work outside your area of expertise. Unless you want investigations to focus on extra-MA professional expertise like legal, scientific or military matters only, you have to have a member base that's good enough to separate **** from shinola. If the average Bully is worse that the average dude getting called out in MABS, the site can't do that part of its job effectively. In my humble opinion.


    Here's something to think about. Once upon a time, one of themes of this site is that claims require evidence. Three anonymous, unattributed sources is not an evidentiary measure of this site's reputation.
    Are you fucking retarded? He's asking you to think about some anecdotal evidence, not making an argument from it.

    Incidentally, if you went to the chi-huggiest arm-waviest tai chi schools on the planet, they'd likely say the same thing about Bullshido. "Keyboard warrior" and "poseur" are just as likely to be content-free insults than they are anything else.
    Except he told me these anecdotes when they happened and these are all senior people who own combat sports gyms, and their opinion does (or should) matter.

    You can win this "argument" but you'll still be standing still while Omo continues to improve as a martial artist and a person, because you're arguing against walking your own walk. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 11/27/2012 1:28am at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
      #1522
  3. Matt Phillips is offline
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,650

    Posted On:
    11/27/2012 1:12am

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I'm playing a game and you just said win. Go ahead, as usual, your point is the only one that matters. You have no clue WTF you want the contrary position to be.
    It's not up to me what it is; when someone argues against one of my opinions, I call it a 'contrary position'. It's up to the other party(s) to explain what they think they're going on about.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
      #1523
  4. cualltaigh is offline
    cualltaigh's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cooltown, SEQ
    Posts
    1,358

    Posted On:
    11/27/2012 1:18am


     Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Draft weighting, for example only (I would make it prettier but I'm in teh middle of re-modelling something a little more complicated at work).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR_cualltaigh.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	14072  

    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.
      #1524
  5. Matt Phillips is offline
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,650

    Posted On:
    11/27/2012 1:20am

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    Wait one god damned minute.

    So the argument here is that you should train the style you list in your field otherwise you're committing a crime?
    Nope, the argument is over whether typing 'Kickboxing' when prompted with "Include the primary style of martial arts you train in" implies that you are currently training Kickboxing. That and whether people will assume you're training real Alive kickboxing, and not cardio-crap.

    What the **** is wrong with you idiots? What exactly does this have to do with anything at all? At what point does this make a god damned lick of sense, especially since you all suck dick anyway.
    I can't speak for others, but the taste of dick is getting old and I look forward to the day it gets the **** out of my mouth.

    If anything you should all just have, "Not really good at anything" in your style field until you win a competition or two.
    Done.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 11/27/2012 1:25am at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
      #1525
  6. ChenPengFi is online now
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,226

    Posted On:
    11/27/2012 1:46am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Yes, but... it says to include the primary style of martial arts you train in when you fill out the form. BJJ is the right answer bro.
    What is "NAGA NO KATANA"?
      #1526
  7. Matt Phillips is offline
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,650

    Posted On:
    11/27/2012 1:50am

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    That's ONE.
    I haven't heard back with permission to quote her, but JKDChick told me she agrees in general with the point I am making.

    I will hold off on saying THAT'S TWO until I hear back. I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth. When this gets to three, we're done here.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 11/27/2012 1:55am at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
      #1527
  8. Matt Phillips is offline
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,650

    Posted On:
    11/27/2012 1:55am

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    What is "NAGA NO KATANA"?
    Well, it's two things: it's a parody of "Nage No Kata" which is on of the two man forms from Kodokan Judo, and it's my way of saying I suck (No Katanas at NAGA in the immediate future). Really I haven't been training and I don't have anything besides a pun in my style field.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
      #1528
  9. Rivington is offline
    Rivington's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    4,733

    Posted On:
    11/27/2012 1:55am

    supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

    8
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    You know the difference between 1) "In my opinion you shouldn't be posting here if you do X" and 2) "I believe you should be prevented from posting here if you don't do X"
    I do. Omo, on this thread, said neither one of those things. He never even bothered to dress it up as opinion—he variously claimed it was a simple fact, or an inescapable imperative based on what he saw as the site's mission and the nature of forum moderation.

    He actually said:

    as to everybody else, they should look like they have that much training if they've been posting on this site.

    as well as if you post on this site, you should be training regularly unless there are extenuating circumstances, which I quoted before and which you read. How you read these two of Omo's actual statements and come up with your manufactured tea-and-crumpet "quotes" is beyond me.

    I've talked to Omo about what he believes, and it's the former.
    I don't give two shits about your private conversations with Omo. TS, I, and anyone else can only read what he puts in front of us. Your appeals to a secret inventory of Omo's heart doesn't mean a thing.


    I agree with him, and I stay 99% off the site if I'm not training. In my opinion there nothing to talk about when I'm not training.
    And yet, here you are, flapping your gums. Oh, and posting "Antifacist Coon Squad" images, hurh-hurh. Trust me, I agree that you shouldn't be posting. However, your opinions only go as far as your own fingertips. Don't expect anyone else to care about your opinion on how you think they should be spending their time.

    Unlike you and Hiro, I don't see that fight as a bad thing at all. I wish it happened for a better reason, but it opened my eyes and changed my training goals forever.

    Yes yes, I know that you're the hero of your own story. We've been through this before. I don't take the narrative you build in your wake seriously. There was hardly any need for nine months of drama and bullshit if you wanted to test yourself. Most BJJ gyms have open mats after all, and you could have walked into any one of them at any time. I've said this before to you as well.


    By the time I went to sleep that night I knew I should have put those 9 months into getting serious about grappling.
    Gosh, I knew that you should have gotten to serious about grappling nine months prior to your fight—that is, given that you were stupid enough to go for it in the first place.

    I've done a fair amount of work in MABS and I can tell you that it's not possible to do effective work outside your area of expertise.
    This is why IIF has so much fun with you. Just like with your "In my opinion" bullshit above, you obviously and transparently move the goalposts every time you bring your stubby little fingers to the keyboard. I said, and it is so, that assisting with investigations doesn't necessarily involve active training. And, because of your ego-needs, you have to make a show of disagreeing with me (partially because I dared point out that Omo was full of ****, partially because you have a lot of you e-identity wrapped up in your MABS activity) but you actually agree with me. To wit:

    Unless you want investigations to focus on extra-MA professional expertise like legal, scientific or military matters only,
    So, we both acknowledge that MABS investigations have involved legal, scientific, and military matters—none of which require active MA training to have expertise in. And we can add to that linguistic matters (translating documents) forensic matters (determining the provenance and legitimacy of documents), basic reportage (calling folks and asking them questions), and even basic activities including videotaping encounters, writing summaries that people can actually bear to read, and such and such.

    By your own admission, you weren't training well when participating fruitfully in MABS investigations. So, does an individual need to be training actively in order to assist with an investigation? No, and you agree with me. Now, moving on:

    you have to have a member base that's good enough to separate **** from shinola.
    So, does my ninth dan judoka in the wheelchair lose her ability to separate **** from shinola because she can no longer hang? Does Matt Thornton if he gets hit by a bus and is paralyzed for life? How about Bas Ruttan and his walking cane?

    If the average Bully is worse that the average dude getting called out in MABS, the site can't do that part of its job effectively. In my humble opinion.
    There are a number of issues here, some of them even legit. It's easy enough to fetishize a certain type of training and not realize that aliveness and BJJ or aliveness and MMA aren't the same exact thing. I'm always amused when a gongfu or kempo or JJJ guy shows up and can actually do something, because the local posters get all amazed or sink into denial. Amused, but not surprised.

    But the "average member" doesn't need to have much to do with examining the martial skill of a MABS subject. The average member need not participate in MABS at all. And a member can have stopped training for any number of reasons—age, injury, a change in priorities—and still be able to tell **** from shinola.

    Beginners cannot necessarily tell **** from shinola, but they can still add the expertise they do have as it applies, and that is one reason why everyone should feel free to post, even if Queen Omo didn't think so.

    Are you fucking retarded? He's asking you to think about some anecdotal evidence, not making an argument from it.
    I did think about. I think that quotes from unattributed sources aren't compelling. And of course Omo was making an argument—he provided (dubious) evidence, and then drew an expansive conclusion about this site's reputation based on that evidence.

    I won't bother to ask—I know that you are fucking retarded. You cannot recognize an argument when one is right in front of you.

    Except he told me these anecdotes when they happened and these are all senior people who own combat sports gyms, and their opinion does (or should) matter.
    That just means that the two of you are offering unattributed sources. The same ones. LOLtard.

    You can win this "argument" but you'll still be standing still while Omo continues to improve as a martial artist and a person, because you're arguing against walking your own walk.
    I look forward to the day when Omo improves as a person. You too. You can spare me the lecture on martial arts training. You're the one whimpering that you're too old to be a good martial artist. Here's a little tidbit I picked up from a sparring partner—"At a certain age you'll only get weaker, and you'll only get slower, but you can always be more sensitive and you can always get smarter."

    So smarten up.
    Last edited by Rivington; 11/27/2012 2:12am at .
      #1529
  10. ChenPengFi is online now
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,226

    Posted On:
    11/27/2012 2:03am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Well, it's two things: it's a parody of "Nage No Kata" which is on of the two man forms from Kodokan Judo, and it's my way of saying I suck (No Katanas at NAGA in the immediate future). Really I haven't been training and I don't have anything besides a pun in my style field.
    ? A parody?
    **** you for trying to pull some style field rules bullshit on me when this is a policy sticky:
    Style Profile Field: Stop the BS

    -Moved from the BBC to the Bullshido sub-forum.

    "ROOOFLELOLOLOL "I do CRACKER JITSU"... look at me... IM teh WITTY!"

    That **** ends right now.

    The style field is there so that everyone else who doesn't spend 15 hours a day on this site can get a feel for where you're coming from and whether or not you should even be opening your mouth on the subject in the first place.
    (my bold, to reiterate why i don't have BJJ in my style field)

    Read more at http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ByAyz7GwWzH.99
      #1530

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.