228281 Bullies, 4755 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2987
Page 152 of 299 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 12:26am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post

2. his style field and forum leader status led me to assume that he had been training for a while. that assumption was wrong, and i ate crow over it.
    Christ, you can't even do that right. Your sin wasn't one of assumption, it was of telling TS if you post on this site, you should be training regularly unless there are extenuating circumstances

The only reasonable response to this sort of bullshit claim is to check to see if you own the site. You don't, which you means you don't get to set the rules as to who can post here and who cannot. That's what you should be eating crow over.

The little aside about "extenuating circumstances", designed primarily to let your pal Matt off the hook for not training, and for his own sad sad sad performance at a gong sau that didn't need to happen, well that's just an extra lol.

3. this site is all about promoting aliveness. to promote something that you are not doing is hypocritical.
    No it isn't. You don't know what "hypocrisy" means. Hypocrisy is a feigned belief or position. If Matt Thornton gets hit by a bus tomorrow and is paralyzed from the neck down, he will no longer be training with aliveness, but of course he'd still promote doing so. It's only hypocrisy if he pretends to believe in training with aliveness while not actually holding that belief, or pretends to do it but then, when you go to the gym you see that he does kata and chi ballin' and nothing else, every class.

Thus my post about the ancient 9th dan in judo who certainly won't be doing any alive training any time soon. (A post you gave a "thumbs down" to—aw, that'll show me!) According to your formulation, she is a hypocrite.

4. people make assumptions all the time. it is assumed that the veteran posters of any forum are doing whatever that forum is about.
    Wow, "it is assumed"? Own your words. You made an assumption; there is no universal assumption, no secret people who can only be spoken of in the passive voice.

5. i don't see the point of this site existing if people are going to say it's ok to not train consistently with aliveness, forum leader or not.
    Who said that it's okay to not train consistently with aliveness?

Also, when did you start suffering from the social delusion that what you think about this site's existence is important in the scheme of things?

if you don't want to train combat sports, then that's fine. but that person wouldn't hang out around an MMA gym while not training (not counting sitting out for injuries or what have you), why hang out around here?
    Hmm, for the discussion of firearms; of MMA as a spectator sport; of the traditional and Western martial arts without the ridiculous moderation regimes of MAP, emptyflower, and the like.; for fun, to assist with investigations (which doesn't necessarily involve active training); etc. You know, a fair amount of the site.

you guys have fun. i thought i could avoid getting sucked back into stupid drama, but i was wrong.
    What's the one thing all your stupid dramas have in common?

but here's something to think about. i've trained in 3 places with MMA fighters. in each place, i asked about bullshido. the first place said, "bullshido? bunch of posers. don't waste your time". the second, "yeah, i've seen that site. nothing but keyboard warriors there". and the third, "the only thing good that came out of bullshido for me was ONE professional contact."

that's the reputation this site has built for itself in gyms with no bullies.
    Here's something to think about. Once upon a time, one of themes of this site is that claims require evidence. Three anonymous, unattributed sources is not an evidentiary measure of this site's reputation.

Incidentally, if you went to the chi-huggiest arm-waviest tai chi schools on the planet, they'd likely say the same thing about Bullshido. "Keyboard warrior" and "poseur" are just as likely to be content-free insults than they are anything else.

have fun. i'm gonna go do inventory on my cut kit. i have 4 teammates fighting saturday night.
    How many flounces is this for you?
    Last edited by Rivington; 11/27/2012 12:31am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 12:26am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    It's not layered, it's this: I believe the site has always stood for no BS, and training the best stuff you can, as well as you can.
    Gotcha.. Ill make sure I ignore the TD tag stuff, the video critique, your points about the forum leader tags, the mission of bullshido, skill in relation to critiquing others and other stuff as this is your only point./sarcasm.

It's not nuanced and I don't care what Omo says, he's his own man. I agree with what Josh wrote.
    ....and I'll ignore that you can't believe it can be debated. Like I said, sometimes you are full of ****.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 12:29am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    I will eat my scally cap if JKD, ICY and Phrost tell me I'm wrong here.
    ICY sent me this

Quote Originally Posted by ICY
    I agree with you but at the same time I say it's a lost cause no longer worth fighting for... Ok "If you aren't training alive, go **** yourself and don't embarrass the site by posting on it"
    That's ONE.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 12:34am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Gotcha.. Ill make sure I ignore the TD tag stuff, the video critique, your points about the forum leader tags, the mission of bullshido, skill in relation to critiquing others and other stuff as this is your only point./sarcasm.
    Did I say I was summarizing my entire posting history on this thread? I summarized the specific point being debated at the moment, as you know. You're a smart man, but you're making a game out of something important.

....and I'll ignore that you can't believe it can be debated. Like I said, sometimes you are full of ****.
    I can't believe anyone thinks they can debate against this point and expect to win; the contrary position is just plain False. FALSE.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 12:35am

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I have only asked for one tag. Interestingly enough there are three other tags I am eligible foe. Just think though. If you want the rank you have got to show us your actual training. Scale of 1-10 with decimals.
    I know I was being facetious (and yes, I know you know that already).

The idea certainly has merit. Is there consideration for frequency of training and what would the weighting be? I.e. if you trained at Jackson's MMA and bodied for Bones but only once a fortnight how would that stack up against training judo 5 days a week at the local YMCA?
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 12:38am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And actual competition.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 12:39am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't believe anyone thinks they can debate against this point and expect to win; the contrary position is just plain False. FALSE.
    I'm playing a game and you just said win. Go ahead, as usual, your point is the only one that matters. You have no clue WTF you want the contrary position to be.

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 12:43am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have only asked for one tag. Interestingly enough there are three other tags I am eligible foe. Just think though. If you want the rank you have got to show us your actual training. Scale of 1-10 with decimals.
    I'm giving myself a 3.2. It's about 3.1 more than a shitload of people, it would seem.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 12:48am

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And actual competition.
    Also assumingly taking into account the level of competition (local/regional/state/int etc. as well as novice/intermediate/advanced), number/frequency of comps entered and performance?

There's at least five criteria all up that could be worked into a balanced scorecard approach.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/27/2012 12:51am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post
    here is me being as clear as possible. points are in no particular order.

1. i was suspicious that TS was not training in kickboxing after his comment about being spoiled by elite level fighting. i was right. he hadn't been training long at all at that point.

2. his style field and forum leader status led me to assume that he had been training for a while. that assumption was wrong, and i ate crow over it.

3. this site is all about promoting aliveness. to promote something that you are not doing is hypocritical. to quote yeshuah, take the log from your own eye before removing the splinter from your brother's.

4. people make assumptions all the time. it is assumed that the veteran posters of any forum are doing whatever that forum is about. people assume that the staff/forum leaders of a forum are experts in the forum's subject matter. i assumed positive things about people, and was disappointed when i found out i was wrong.

5. i don't see the point of this site existing if people are going to say it's ok to not train consistently with aliveness, forum leader or not. if you don't want to train combat sports, then that's fine. but that person wouldn't hang out around an MMA gym while not training (not counting sitting out for injuries or what have you), why hang out around here?

you guys have fun. i thought i could avoid getting sucked back into stupid drama, but i was wrong. but here's something to think about. i've trained in 3 places with MMA fighters. in each place, i asked about bullshido. the first place said, "bullshido? bunch of posers. don't waste your time". the second, "yeah, i've seen that site. nothing but keyboard warriors there". and the third, "the only thing good that came out of bullshido for me was ONE professional contact."

that's the reputation this site has built for itself in gyms with no bullies.

have fun. i'm gonna go do inventory on my cut kit. i have 4 teammates fighting saturday night.
    This is what I was and I am currently debating. Do I need to point out how many of these points are addressed by Kintanon? Notice how everything in my sarcastic post is contained in this quote?

Yet, according to you, I am only supposed to address your "IMPORTANT" summary that ignores all of this context and why the debate started? Nope, I am too smart for that trap.