222050 Bullies, 4118 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 3049
Page 150 of 305 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 10:45pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    See the quote and initial comment in my previous post (1485) for the concentrated orange juice version of what I believe he is trying to say.
    I'll be blunt since you missed my earlier point. That's a weak ass out for his lack of clarity. No, that isn't a focused version of everything he has typed. If he can't express it correctly, he needs to take a break, type it out and make it as clear as possible.

I mean if he can't see how my earlier cherry picked sentences aren't contradictory nor hypocritical, he is too angry to debate right now.

'Pay strong attention to Rivington's post. That shows you I am not the only one seeing his point differently than what you believe. That's why TS is calling shenanigans on his various posts.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 10:56pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Umm, astonishingly enough I'm with Matt and Kimbo on this.

It is generally my assumption that when I see someone who is more than a regular userm be that sponsor, staff, forum leader, whatever, that they are people that embody the sites mission statement. They act as examples for the regular users and are representative of the values we look for in our members.

Do I give a **** it the regular members are training in an alive manner? No. That would be like barring sinners from church or fat people from jenny craig. You want those people to come to you so that you can convert them. But should the personal trainer at your gym be a 270lb slob eating spray cheese while he tries to explain to you that running is barefoot is better for you. I mean, WTF does that guy know about running? He might be right as a mutherfucker, but I'm not going to believe a word he says because he isn't representative of the ideal he's promoting.

The people who we choose to hold up as representative of the ideals of the site are, whether we intend it or not, the staff and the supporting members. I EXPECT those people to be training regularly. If they aren't, then why the hell do they support the site? They can't possibly be invested in its ideals.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 11:08pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post

It is generally my assumption that when I see someone who is more than a regular userm be that sponsor, staff, forum leader, whatever, that they are people that embody the sites mission statement. They act as examples for the regular users and are representative of the values we look for in our members.

Do I give a **** it the regular members are training in an alive manner? No. That would be like barring sinners from church or fat people from jenny craig. You want those people to come to you so that you can convert them. But should the personal trainer at your gym be a 270lb slob eating spray cheese while he tries to explain to you that running is barefoot is better for you. I mean, WTF does that guy know about running? He might be right as a mutherfucker, but I'm not going to believe a word he says because he isn't representative of the ideal he's promoting.

The people who we choose to hold up as representative of the ideals of the site are, whether we intend it or not, the staff and the supporting members. I EXPECT those people to be training regularly. If they aren't, then why the hell do they support the site? They can't possibly be invested in its ideals.
    You agree with some and contradict other statements. Just like I do. Again that is why I asked for clarity.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 11:11pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    here is me being as clear as possible. points are in no particular order.

1. i was suspicious that TS was not training in kickboxing after his comment about being spoiled by elite level fighting. i was right. he hadn't been training long at all at that point.

2. his style field and forum leader status led me to assume that he had been training for a while. that assumption was wrong, and i ate crow over it.

3. this site is all about promoting aliveness. to promote something that you are not doing is hypocritical. to quote yeshuah, take the log from your own eye before removing the splinter from your brother's.

4. people make assumptions all the time. it is assumed that the veteran posters of any forum are doing whatever that forum is about. people assume that the staff/forum leaders of a forum are experts in the forum's subject matter. i assumed positive things about people, and was disappointed when i found out i was wrong.

5. i don't see the point of this site existing if people are going to say it's ok to not train consistently with aliveness, forum leader or not. if you don't want to train combat sports, then that's fine. but that person wouldn't hang out around an MMA gym while not training (not counting sitting out for injuries or what have you), why hang out around here?

you guys have fun. i thought i could avoid getting sucked back into stupid drama, but i was wrong. but here's something to think about. i've trained in 3 places with MMA fighters. in each place, i asked about bullshido. the first place said, "bullshido? bunch of posers. don't waste your time". the second, "yeah, i've seen that site. nothing but keyboard warriors there". and the third, "the only thing good that came out of bullshido for me was ONE professional contact."

that's the reputation this site has built for itself in gyms with no bullies.

have fun. i'm gonna go do inventory on my cut kit. i have 4 teammates fighting saturday night.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 11:14pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.examiner.com/article/inte...llshido-part-1

What is Bullshido’s “mission”?

As I see it, it's about living a "No BS" lifestyle. In practice, that means not just training hard and being honest with yourself, but going after people who try to BS others. Right now we're mostly focused on helping keep MMA as a sport, honest and d@#chebag free.

But we still spend a lot of time keeping tabs on the frauds and fruitcakes that have long plagued the "Traditional" Martial Arts. We also have a growing forum for fighting "bullshido" in other areas, by way of being part of the greater Skeptics movement.
    As I see it, Bullshido advocates aliveness in its pursuit of honesty in the martial arts.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 11:26pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post
    here is me being as clear as possible. points are in no particular order.

1. i was suspicious that TS was not training in kickboxing after his comment about being spoiled by elite level fighting. i was right. he hadn't been training long at all at that point.

2. his style field and forum leader status led me to assume that he had been training for a while. that assumption was wrong, and i ate crow over it.

3. this site is all about promoting aliveness. to promote something that you are not doing is hypocritical. to quote yeshuah, take the log from your own eye before removing the splinter from your brother's.

4. people make assumptions all the time. it is assumed that the veteran posters of any forum are doing whatever that forum is about. people assume that the staff/forum leaders of a forum are experts in the forum's subject matter. i assumed positive things about people, and was disappointed when i found out i was wrong.

5. i don't see the point of this site existing if people are going to say it's ok to not train consistently with aliveness, forum leader or not. if you don't want to train combat sports, then that's fine. but that person wouldn't hang out around an MMA gym while not training (not counting sitting out for injuries or what have you), why hang out around here?

you guys have fun. i thought i could avoid getting sucked back into stupid drama, but i was wrong. but here's something to think about. i've trained in 3 places with MMA fighters. in each place, i asked about bullshido. the first place said, "bullshido? bunch of posers. don't waste your time". the second, "yeah, i've seen that site. nothing but keyboard warriors there". and the third, "the only thing good that came out of bullshido for me was ONE professional contact."

have fun. i'm gonna go do inventory on my cut kit. i have 4 teammates fighting saturday night.
    Thanks. Yep, I agree with some things and disagree with others. We will not see eye to eye on some of your more general points.

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 11:29pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post

Although I agree with much of what I omitted from this quote, I have to say that I have spoken to way more than three people from different gyms about Bullshido and have experienced a mixed result, with a balance of positive and negative. The thing you must remember is that there are some really intelligent motherfuckers on this site and despite our assertions that it is not a mindless brute's sport, it is a sport that has mindless brutes. And mindless brutes who come on here would have a very difficult time (a) figuring out what anyone is talking about and (b) responding in a way that we'd respond to favourably.

I've had one person say a similar thing to what you said, that Bullshido is filled with keyboard warriors. Others have remarked at how intelligent many of the posters are on the site. Others have said they lurk here, but don't post because they don't want to risk their opinion being trampled, even though the person in question is a higher level blue. Another person was dead set against a website that discussed martial arts, because he said I "should be watching youtube videos, or getting instructionals, or fucking doing it, not talking about it". I've had people tell me they lurk the techniques section primarily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 11:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post

THIS^

This is exactly what the site is/was/is-supposed-to-be, and I can't believe we're debating it. I was there when the idea for this site was floated on ADCC; I did not make a mistake, or get the wrong impression. The core idea of this place has been the same: no BS; train the best stuff you can get your hands on. I will eat my scally cap if JKD, ICY and Phrost tell me I'm wrong here.

Josh and I agree on something. That's because it's True.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 11:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Although I agree with much of what I omitted from this quote, I have to say that I have spoken to way more than three people from different gyms about Bullshido and have experienced a mixed result, with a balance of positive and negative. The thing you must remember is that there are some really intelligent motherfuckers on this site and despite our assertions that it is not a mindless brute's sport, it is a sport that has mindless brutes. And mindless brutes who come on here would have a very difficult time (a) figuring out what anyone is talking about and (b) responding in a way that we'd respond to favourably.

I've had one person say a similar thing to what you said, that Bullshido is filled with keyboard warriors. Others have remarked at how intelligent many of the posters are on the site. Others have said they lurk here, but don't post because they don't want to risk their opinion being trampled, even though the person in question is a higher level blue. Another person was dead set against a website that discussed martial arts, because he said I "should be watching youtube videos, or getting instructionals, or fucking doing it, not talking about it". I've had people tell me they lurk the techniques section primarily.
    I might be wrong but thought Omo was talking about senior people who owned their own schools. I know even at Redline, which is owned by Arbiter, that the senior kickboxing coach there told kosherkickboxer he would be fired as the kid's kickboxing coach if he got involved in internet drama here again. A lot of senior people do have opinions like this.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 11:58pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    THIS^

This is exactly what the site is/was/is-supposed-to-be, and I can't believe we're debating it.
    Right because both of you wrote it in that non-meandering fashion. Dude you are so full of **** sometimes it isn't even funny.