222019 Bullies, 4127 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 3049
Page 148 of 305 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,767

    Posted On:
    11/26/2012 7:10pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post
    continue to pull? i said i was wrong about him being deceitful and encouraged him to show vids to show off improvement.
    Go read that post again... I'm equal to Matt in belittling people. Your post is belittling and condescending. It is a "yeah but" post. For clarity "yes I apologize for making a mistake, but understand this is everything wrong with you, your skill, this website and.........."

    Yep, that's how it reads to me.


    but this all speaks to a larger problem.
    If you say so..
    why do people think that it's ok to post here, instead of sherdog, if they aren't training?
    Okay how about you stop moving the goal posts? There are four main arguments that you and Matt have raised..

    1) No training or no longer.
    2) Some/beginner training..
    3) Regular or extensive training.
    4) Video critiquing.

    Now, you vacillate between each one when you make a point. Guess what? All can post, should post, do post and shouldn't be beat up for it. All three can comment on number 4 in certain situations with little to no reprisal. The reprisal comes completely dependent on the advice..

    It's funny because I am noticing the pass you give Matt, who fits into number one, but he gives time to his son and therefore it is okay.
      #1471
  2. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,220

    Posted On:
    11/26/2012 7:16pm

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember someone calling me out a few years ago asking if I was training, or if I was just here for the LULZ and if I was just here for the LULZ, that I should **** off. At the time, I was just here for the LULZ and yet I felt it as an affront, I might have even tried to justify my presence. It was a kick up the arse that prompted me to get back to training and a stark realisation, obviously, because I still remember it today. Don't quote me, but I think it was Hiro who did it. Either that or PizDoff. Could've been IiF. I don't remember. Anyway, cheers, whoever that was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

    You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
      #1472
  3. omoplatypus is offline
    omoplatypus's Avatar

    Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,331

    Posted On:
    11/26/2012 7:18pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Go read that post again... I'm equal to Matt in belittling people. Your post is belittling and condescending. It is a "yeah but" post. For clarity "yes I apologize for making a mistake, but understand this is everything wrong with you, your skill, this website and.........."
    i didn't say there was anything wrong with his skill. in the context of 6 months cumulative training, it's par for the course. nothing wrong with that at all. and i also never said in my apollogy "this is what's wrong with you". i said that circumstances allowed people to make wrongful assumptions.

    his statements about the site however, i do take issue with.

    Yep, that's how it reads to me.
    then either through emotion or poor word choice, there has been a break down in communication.


    If you say so..
    Okay how about you stop moving the goal posts? There are three main arguments that you and Matt have raised..

    1) No training.
    2) Some training..
    3) Regular or extensive training.

    It's funny because I am noticing the pass you give Matt, who fits into number one, but he gives time to his son and therefore it is okay.
    matt doesn't post here often unless it's to show his son's videos as KK is still grounded from the site for threatening us with his dog, participate in the technical aspects of an investigation, or if he's actively training. i said it's ok for matt to not train as being a single parent is taxing. matt is still finding ways to train as often as possible.

    there is a problem with not training. there is no problem with the other two as long as you are honest about it.

    EDIT: i'm out for a few hours. i have to go train.
    --------

    Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.
      #1473
  4. Matt Phillips is offline
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,464

    Posted On:
    11/26/2012 7:23pm

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You made an assumption and a mistake own it.
    He just did.


    Seriously, me and TS have had MANY arguments, but I never attacked his videos for a BS mistake. Why should he show video after the bullshit you just pulled and continue to pull?
    I think that Omo's argument is solid if directed specifically towards people who have filled out their style field with the name of a recognizable martial art. On a site dedicated to rooting out BS in the arts, and Alive training methods, I think it's fair to say that if I'm on here and I put "Muaythai" in my style field, that I am saying to myself (and the world) that I am training Muaythai in a non-BS, Alive manner. And I don't see how one can argue otherwise.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
      #1474
  5. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,767

    Posted On:
    11/26/2012 7:36pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post
    If you say so..
    You need the posts written by you? There are quite a few more that obfuscate your point..

    matt doesn't post here often unless it's to show his son's videos as KK is still grounded from the site for threatening us with his dog, participate in the technical aspects of an investigation, or if he's actively training.
    That's what he does now. I respect him for that, but the fact you are using it, as a crutch to harp on anyone else, is disingenuous on your part. If that's the point now cool. If that is what he is trying to show Phrost he gets more respect.

    i said it's ok for matt to not train as being a single parent is taxing. matt is still finding ways to train as often as possible.
    Already addressed.

    there is a problem with not training. there is no problem with the other two as long as you are honest about it.

    EDIT: i'm out for a few hours. i have to go train.
    No, there is no problem with posting here and not training. Go read battlefield's post. The problem, which Matt raised before you went all over the place, is in critiquing or insulting competition or TD videos with little to no knowledge.

    Now do me a favor and refine your argument. I'm ignoring the rest because you are all over the place. First it was the fist, then it was the TD tag, it was videos, then it was the Staff Tag and now it is the website. Oh and then you start using each to make a point about the other and then I have no clue if you are arguing about the staff not training, posters not training or why you are here if you are so unhappy after taking a long break..

    Set them all up figure out which one you want to discuss. From this point forward I am picking one and only addressing that point.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 11/26/2012 7:42pm at .
      #1475
  6. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,767

    Posted On:
    11/26/2012 7:39pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    He just did.
    LOL.
    I will be ignoring your baiting interpretations until Omo and I hash, or don't, this out.

    I think that Omo's argument is solid if directed specifically towards people who have filled out their style field with the name of a recognizable martial art. On a site dedicated to rooting out BS in the arts, and Alive training methods, I think it's fair to say that if I'm on here and I put "Muaythai" in my style field, that I am saying to myself (and the world) that I am training Muaythai in a non-BS, Alive manner. And I don't see how one can argue otherwise.
    See my previous post about being all over the place.
      #1476
  7. ChenPengFi is online now
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,224

    Posted On:
    11/26/2012 7:45pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    He just did.


    I think that Omo's argument is solid if directed specifically towards people who have filled out their style field with the name of a recognizable martial art. On a site dedicated to rooting out BS in the arts, and Alive training methods, I think it's fair to say that if I'm on here and I put "Muaythai" in my style field, that I am saying to myself (and the world) that I am training Muaythai in a non-BS, Alive manner. And I don't see how one can argue otherwise.
    I haven't done any KF in some time now, but it's what i have the most time in.
      #1477
  8. Vieux Normand is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,271

    Posted On:
    11/26/2012 7:56pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I remember someone calling me out a few years ago asking if I was training, or if I was just here for the LULZ and if I was just here for the LULZ, that I should **** off.
    To which, I assume, your response was: "Try and make me **** off."

    At the time, I was just here for the LULZ...
    An excellent reason. People do all their serious, history-making fighting with armed forces and weapons. We've evolved a metabolism that devotes much energy to the minds that invent such weapons, leaving less energy for the physical strength that other terrestrial animal species our size possess. Humans pummelling and cranking each other without weapons is mostly a paid-entertainment sideshow; hence the lulz.

    ...and yet I felt it as an affront, I might have even tried to justify my presence.
    For some reason, this strikes me as atypical of you.

    It was a kick up the arse that prompted me to get back to training and a stark realisation, obviously, because I still remember it today.
    In which case, your (in my opinion) uncharacteristic reaction led to an outcome you consider positive. Good stuff.

    I'm here for the LULZ. Do I hear a "You should **** off" from any worthy soul?
      #1478
  9. Matt Phillips is offline
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,464

    Posted On:
    11/26/2012 8:13pm

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    LOL.
    I will be ignoring your baiting interpretations until Omo and I hash, or don't, this out.
    Dude, I have way too much respect for you to ever resort to baiting you. And I mean that.

    I baited the **** out of Hiro for sure, but the dude was trying to engage and has been for years. Plus, he's ridiculous.

    See my previous post about being all over the place.
    No, I'm making a single point about the change in validity of Omo's argument, with and without a martial art in the style field.

    It's funny because I am noticing the pass you give Matt, who fits into number one, but he gives time to his son and therefore it is okay.
    I don't consider this a valid reason for not training, and you know why. I know you're talking to someone else here, but I want to make it clear that I don't.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 11/26/2012 8:38pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
      #1479
  10. Matt Phillips is offline
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,464

    Posted On:
    11/26/2012 8:22pm

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I haven't done any KF in some time now, but it's what i have the most time in.
    I'm assuming you agree that Alive training is a good idea, and that you trained the stuff non-compliant. I know there are a lot of Hung Gar schools that like to bang. Mind if I ask why you gave it up? What are you doing now? I don't know if it's better or worse to have the old primary stuff, or the current stuff in the field... maybe use a "/"?
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 11/26/2012 8:36pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
      #1480

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.