233538 Bullies, 3468 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2987
Page 147 of 299 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Matt Phillips is offline
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,753

    Posted On:
    11/26/2012 6:34pm

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think a lot of us assumed that being on the site meant endorsing Alive Training, meaning applying Aliveness to your own training. Is there really debate on this?

    Non-training is just as Non-alive as the deadest no-contact TMA. And considerably worse as a form of exercise.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 11/26/2012 6:43pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
      #1461
  2. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058

    Posted On:
    11/26/2012 6:42pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And yet Lebell still is fucking horrible.
      #1462
  3. Hedgehogey is offline
    Hedgehogey's Avatar

    Tsun-Derrorist

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,330

    Posted On:
    11/26/2012 6:46pm

    supporting member
     Style: ^_^

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Hedge...

    I'm a lifelong veggie. Talk to Antifa, he's the bloodmouth of our little clique.

    Edit: Cue omega posting Hot Topic t-shirts in response to this DID YOU KNOW PETA STANDS FOR PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS
    Last edited by Hedgehogey; 11/26/2012 6:51pm at .


    "The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

    RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

    THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

    It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children
      #1463
  4. omoplatypus is offline
    omoplatypus's Avatar

    Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,311

    Posted On:
    11/26/2012 6:46pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    alright, here is my full response.

    FIRST: let me reiterate, i (and others) made assumptions about you that were not true. i apologize for claiming this as deceit on your part.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    It means that you formed this idea in your head. That idea is not true.
    from shortly after i first read your statement about bowen and being spoiled by elite level combat sports, i was talking with matt about it on the phone and saying i was suspicious that you were not actively training. by your own words, at that point in time, i was right. you had not been training consistently for a significant amount of time.
    Neither is it frowned upon if you don't actively train.
    if this is the consensus view, then neil should pull the plug on this site and send us all over to sherdog and the underground. this site has been dedicated to two things. outing frauds, and promoting aliveness. if you aren't training alive, then what are you doing here? we could all go talk about PPVs and TUF on any of the other forums dedicated specifically to that.

    it's fine to not train. i assume you didn't go to med school, and that's fine. but i assume you also don't hang out in forums for doctors either.



    Yes, that keeps happening with you.
    as i said before, i'm dyslexic. most of the time it means nothing, but it's easy for me to lose reading comprehension when reading posts in net formatting (i.e. grammar is optional) and when non native english speakers post, as syntax can get lost in translation. please don't take that as an insult to your english skills. it is why sometimes i cannot understand what people mean. especially when going from europeaneese to english.



    Now the more serious bit:

    My own history: When I joined I was still a Krav fool, this was also my style field. I switched to MT after EuroMega 2, where I asked Zendo about good gyms, specifically striking. There was a video of me from then, where you can see I had ZERO skill. The following year I've been training twice a week with a few monthly periods of not training at all due to exams etc. Without going into it, I had bigger things in my life than training and I was (foolishly) not too serious about my training schedule.

    Here's me explicitly stating that I'm a beginner right before the Fist match:


    I've never stated anything more, nor have I implied it. Nor have I ever given advice on things that I don't know. Or even hung around technical striking threads so as to hint my skills by proxy. I'm one of those who has been HONEST on Bullshido. So I take it with offense when you accuse me of being a cheat.
    i should have done more digging, but i didn't, and i've already apologized for that. i see no reason to further analyze your history or current training unless you're looking for pointers, criticism, or showing off improvement.


    1) I assume you're implying that a forum leader has added responsibility in MA training. No, you made that up.
    it follows reason to assume that forum leaders are actively engaged in the activity being discussed on any forum. it also stands to reason that forum leaders, of any forum, are more well versed in the subject than the average poster. if the consensus view of bullshido is that we can be led by beginners, then once again, what's the point of this site existing?

    2) I knew then how to throw a roundkick. This was like a first smoker for me, I was very tentative (frankly I didn't feel ready) and didn't commit to my strikes. Notice how it takes me a minute to gain confidence first. And taking note that I had a cumulative 6 months of training, it wasn't THAT awful.
    with the preface that you were a beginner, it doesn't look aweful. it looks beginner. i even said it looked like non spazzing noob work.

    3) It was a weak turnout at the Euromega this year (only 4 of us). No one brought a camera. What can I say.
    that is a first for any throwdown that i know of. there is always footage taken. but, i also remember a discussion (i wont go into specifics because i haven't looked it up for exact quotes) where the euro crew was questioning making video, and if so, if it should be released. that made me suspicious that there was a lack of training on many people's parts.

    4) Post a video to prove... : Nope, don't care enough about it to bother. Heh, I don't even have a video camera. If you now want to speculate whether I'm lying about my current training regimen* and am trying to hide my skill level... hey, it's your right, little man.
    fine, don't post video. but at the same time, by not posting video of your improvement, you are perpetuating the idea that it's ok to be on bullshido and forever sucking, despite the message of bullshido that many people have run with is, train hard and alive of STFU.

    Tell you what, if Zendo sets up EuroMega 5 this summer and he is okay with filming, and someone else will brings a camera, and I can show up then you'll get updated footage of me. That's the best I can do for you.
    why the hell does rene get to be god of

    5) All I have to say is... The way you repeatedly make up facts to fit your desired point and proceed with accusations with such an insolent tone, tells me that you're a fool.
    i made up no facts. i admitted that i was wrong in my assumptions.

    i assumed that everyone on this site would be training consistently.

    i assumed that forum leaders were well versed in more than watching television

    i assumed that even if you were a knownothing newbie when you joined the site, that your skills would match the amount of time you had been a member of the site.

    so, **** me for assuming good things about people and then being upset when i find out that they weren't true.
    --------

    Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.
      #1464
  5. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,103

    Posted On:
    11/26/2012 6:50pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post
    alright, here is my full response.

    FIRST: let me reiterate, i (and others) made assumptions about you that were not true. i apologize for claiming this as deceit on your part.


    from shortly after i first read your statement about bowen and being spoiled by elite level combat sports, i was talking with matt about it on the phone and saying i was suspicious that you were not actively training. by your own words, at that point in time, i was right. you had not been training consistently for a significant amount of time.

    if this is the consensus view, then neil should pull the plug on this site and send us all over to sherdog and the underground. this site has been dedicated to two things. outing frauds, and promoting aliveness. if you aren't training alive, then what are you doing here? we could all go talk about PPVs and TUF on any of the other forums dedicated specifically to that.

    it's fine to not train. i assume you didn't go to med school, and that's fine. but i assume you also don't hang out in forums for doctors either.



    as i said before, i'm dyslexic. most of the time it means nothing, but it's easy for me to lose reading comprehension when reading posts in net formatting (i.e. grammar is optional) and when non native english speakers post, as syntax can get lost in translation. please don't take that as an insult to your english skills. it is why sometimes i cannot understand what people mean. especially when going from europeaneese to english.



    i should have done more digging, but i didn't, and i've already apologized for that. i see no reason to further analyze your history or current training unless you're looking for pointers, criticism, or showing off improvement.


    it follows reason to assume that forum leaders are actively engaged in the activity being discussed on any forum. it also stands to reason that forum leaders, of any forum, are more well versed in the subject than the average poster. if the consensus view of bullshido is that we can be led by beginners, then once again, what's the point of this site existing?

    with the preface that you were a beginner, it doesn't look aweful. it looks beginner. i even said it looked like non spazzing noob work.

    that is a first for any throwdown that i know of. there is always footage taken. but, i also remember a discussion (i wont go into specifics because i haven't looked it up for exact quotes) where the euro crew was questioning making video, and if so, if it should be released. that made me suspicious that there was a lack of training on many people's parts.

    fine, don't post video. but at the same time, by not posting video of your improvement, you are perpetuating the idea that it's ok to be on bullshido and forever sucking, despite the message of bullshido that many people have run with is, train hard and alive of STFU.

    why the hell does rene get to be god of

    i made up no facts. i admitted that i was wrong in my assumptions.

    i assumed that everyone on this site would be training consistently.

    i assumed that forum leaders were well versed in more than watching television

    i assumed that even if you were a knownothing newbie when you joined the site, that your skills would match the amount of time you had been a member of the site.

    so, **** me for assuming good things about people and then being upset when i find out that they weren't true.
    Maybe you should scramble your password and pull the plug on your account. You made an assumption and a mistake own it.

    Seriously, me and TS have had MANY arguments, but I never attacked his videos for a BS mistake. Why should he show video after the bullshit you just pulled and continue to pull?
    Last edited by It is Fake; 11/26/2012 6:53pm at .
      #1465
  6. Matt Phillips is offline
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,753

    Posted On:
    11/26/2012 6:52pm

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    I'm a lifelong veggie. Talk to Antifa, he's the bloodmouth of our little clique.
    You actually know someone named "Antifa" LOL



    G-d love the Oppressed
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
      #1466
  7. omoplatypus is offline
    omoplatypus's Avatar

    Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,311

    Posted On:
    11/26/2012 6:55pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i have to go back to the video i posted earlier where zenofanger couldn't handle himself with a 10 year old girl.

    lots of us laughed WITH zen about that, because it was understood that he had 2 legit judo lessons after finding out his coach was a huge phony. however, zen has improved dramatically, and even has a shiny new judo yellow belt to show for it. the reason he quit posting here was because life got in the way of his training and he doesn't feel it's right to participate in this site if you aren't training. we need more people like him.

    but, as i said, nobody with any sense laughed AT ryan for his TD performance. neil even gave him a TD fist for it. as he was willing to put himself out there and set a baseline for his improvement.

    txsanshou did the same thing. he posted vids of himself playing krotty in his garage, got the piss taken out of those vids, then went on to train at a good gym, showd vids of him looking not shitty, and got praised for his improvement.

    if posters on this site cannot feel comfortable showing their initial suckyness and then getting their props for showing improvement, then the spirit of this site is deader than my love for my ex wife.
    --------

    Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.
      #1467
  8. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,103

    Posted On:
    11/26/2012 7:00pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post
    i have to go back to the video i posted earlier where zenofanger couldn't handle himself with a 10 year old girl.

    lots of us laughed WITH zen about that, because it was understood that he had 2 legit judo lessons after finding out his coach was a huge phony. however, zen has improved dramatically, and even has a shiny new judo yellow belt to show for it. the reason he quit posting here was because life got in the way of his training and he doesn't feel it's right to participate in this site if you aren't training. we need more people like him.

    but, as i said, nobody with any sense laughed AT ryan for his TD performance. neil even gave him a TD fist for it. as he was willing to put himself out there and set a baseline for his improvement.

    txsanshou did the same thing. he posted vids of himself playing krotty in his garage, got the piss taken out of those vids, then went on to train at a good gym, showd vids of him looking not shitty, and got praised for his improvement.

    if posters on this site cannot feel comfortable showing their initial suckyness and then getting their props for showing improvement, then the spirit of this site is deader than my love for my ex wife.
    See it's funny because you are trying to make it fit what you want the website to be in YOUR EYES. We can get the threads, we can get Phrost's posts and any of the more respected mods to show that you are wrong. It has NEVER been about training "our way or else" EVER. It was about pushing aliveness and testing your own BS. Some people do this others do not. No, the plug should be pulled when we decide that OUR WAY IS THE ONLY WAY." Yep, that is the tone I'm currently reading off your posts.
      #1468
  9. omoplatypus is offline
    omoplatypus's Avatar

    Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,311

    Posted On:
    11/26/2012 7:02pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Maybe you should scramble your password and pull the plug on your account. You made an assumption and a mistake own it.

    Seriously, me and TS have had MANY arguments, but I never attacked his videos for a BS mistake. Why should he show video after the bullshit you just pulled and continue to pull?
    continue to pull? i said i was wrong about him being deceitful and encouraged him to show vids to show off improvement.

    my initial, and poorly formed, response to his vids was based on the assumption that forum leaders on a forum dedicated to promoting alive martial arts training are not a bunch of beginners.

    yes, i own the fact that i responded poorly, and i should have done a quote digging endevor like you normally do. however, i didn't and i can't unshit the bed.

    BUT, i did say that he had not made specific claims to expertise. i looked at every thread he started and, mostly, they were about televised events. see my earlier quote about forum leaders being experts in more than television. my biggest sin was saying that he allowed people to think something that wasn't true. and that turned out to be false. he said before the TD that he was beginner. once again, i own it.

    but this all speaks to a larger problem. why do people think that it's ok to post here, instead of sherdog, if they aren't training?
    --------

    Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.
      #1469
  10. omoplatypus is offline
    omoplatypus's Avatar

    Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,311

    Posted On:
    11/26/2012 7:06pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    See it's funny because you are trying to make it fit what you want the website to be in YOUR EYES.... It has NEVER been about training "our way or else" EVER.
    is it my dyslexia
    It was about pushing aliveness and testing your own BS.
    or did you just contradict yourself?

    HOW THE **** DO YOU PUSH ALIVENESS IF YOU AREN'T TRAINING ALIVENESS? there is a word for that, it's "goddamned motherfucking barbra striesand listening hypocrite"

    the only exception is for people that are providing a technical service to the site, legal, it, video editing, etc.
    --------

    Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.
      #1470

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.