222503 Bullies, 3983 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2987
Page 145 of 299 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145 146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

:)

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 1:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't believe I just read the whole thread. Took days on this phone I hate. Fucku me. I'd kick my own ass, if I didn't think I'd lose.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 1:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Reminded me a little of you at 2:46. You guys have a similar build (he's 1.77m at 56kg)
    Im not slugging in overhands at a TD, **** that! lol

On hiatus

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 1:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post
    what does that even mean? if you post on this site, you should be training regularly unless there are extenuating circumstances. but, you should still be looking to get back into training ASAP. lots of people on this site look like they have been training for as long as they have been here. lots more people do not appear to be training regularly at all, if ever. you are one of those people.
    It means that you formed this idea in your head. That idea is not true. Actively training is not a requirement for active participation on this site. Encouraged? Yes. Required? No. Neither is it frowned upon if you don't actively train.

i have no idea what you are trying to say here.
    Yes, that keeps happening with you.

but, i always meant that your statement that you got spoiled by elite level kickboxing made me suspicious that you haven't been training.
    We already established that you didn't understand my statement, so the inferences you made from that misinterpretation are invalid.

here's my breakdown of myself and my claims.

TKD black belt, former instructor for young champions
    Judo brown belt under an independent yudanshakai (not USJA JI OR JF)
    BJJ blue belt under Justin Morris
    dabbling with various striking arts, western boxing, kickboxing, full contact karate,and at my current club muay thai. all that i ever got out of it was that my vision is to impaired to do anything but hold mitts and do bag work.

I am currently the cutman on my MMA team

I have a respectable collection of medals and trophies for grappling.

all of that is verifiable through pictures on my facebook and videos i posted here.
    Irrelevant. But good for you.

Now the more serious bit:

My own history: When I joined I was still a Krav fool, this was also my style field. I switched to MT after EuroMega 2, where I asked Zendo about good gyms, specifically striking. There was a video of me from then, where you can see I had ZERO skill. The following year I've been training twice a week with a few monthly periods of not training at all due to exams etc. Without going into it, I had bigger things in my life than training and I was (foolishly) not too serious about my training schedule.

Here's me explicitly stating that I'm a beginner right before the Fist match:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    I'm game for the Fist. Although, I'm not sure if I qualify as a worthy opponent yet. But I'll go full contact right after asking you to go light :p

I'd say, cumulatively I've only had 6 months of decent training (2 per week). Due to big breaks of exams and whatnot. And zero grappling, rassling.

But for what it's worth, I always give it all during training and spar with the pros whenever given the chance.
    I've never stated anything more, nor have I implied it. Nor have I ever given advice on things that I don't know. Or even hung around technical striking threads so as to hint my skills by proxy. I'm one of those who has been HONEST on Bullshido. So I take it with offense when you accuse me of being a cheat.

...i'm not being deceitful when i say that your posting history and videos do not support the fact that you have been training.

in fact, it's the opposite. you have been on this site for years, you are a forum leader, you have had kickboxing in your style field for as long as i can remember, and you look like you've only taken a few months of classes. i didn't even need to see your videos to be suspicious of you.

for how long? and why does your 2011 video look like non spazing beginner crap? care to post another sparring video to measure against your one from last year? oh that's right, the euromega went off without ANY video being made. i think that's a first for this site.

my point is that you were deceitful in the way you presented yourself. you are a forum leader with kickboxing in your style field, and yet you aren't even comfortable throwing round kicks with turned over hips. my little kid karate students learned proper hip rotation in a month.
    Now you've already misquoted me just earlier. So I thought this time, you'd wise up and look things up before posting... nope. Yet I still give you a clear hint and an exit to look up the facts and back off.

you are a forum leader.
    you have muay thai as your style.
    last year, you did not know how to turn your hips over in a round kick.
    this year, there have been no vids of you doing anything.
    you may not have made any extraordinary claims, but by virtue of being here for 3 years, being a forum leader, and putting muay thai in your style field, you led people to believe that YOU AT LEAST KNEW HOW TO THROW A GODDAMN ROUND KICK!
    so, yes, there was deceit there.

all you have to do is say the following, "i wasn't training in any regular sense from 2009 to 2011. that is why my performance in the euromega video was sub par." then, be honest about what you have been doing, and put up some recent sparring vids to show your improvement.
    1) I assume you're implying that a forum leader has added responsibility in MA training. No, you made that up.

2) I knew then how to throw a roundkick. This was like a first smoker for me, I was very tentative (frankly I didn't feel ready) and didn't commit to my strikes. Notice how it takes me a minute to gain confidence first. And taking note that I had a cumulative 6 months of training, it wasn't THAT awful.

3) It was a weak turnout at the Euromega this year (only 4 of us). No one brought a camera. What can I say.

4) Post a video to prove... : Nope, don't care enough about it to bother. Heh, I don't even have a video camera. If you now want to speculate whether I'm lying about my current training regimen* and am trying to hide my skill level... hey, it's your right, little man.

Tell you what, if Zendo sets up EuroMega 5 this summer and he is okay with filming, and someone else will brings a camera, and I can show up then you'll get updated footage of me. That's the best I can do for you.

5) All I have to say is... The way you repeatedly make up facts to fit your desired point and proceed with accusations with such an insolent tone, tells me that you're a fool.

Spoiler:
    * = which I still haven't stated, HA

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 2:17pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Gong Sau Extravaganza 2013: Sirc vs. 3moose

I'll respond to all this when I'm at a real computer and not a smart phone.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 2:54pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll respond to all this when I'm at a real computer and not a smart phone.
    Please do because I am curious if you did the same thing as Hiro and lumped people in because of old grudges.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 3:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    Im not slugging in overhands at a TD, **** that! lol
    2:46 of the smoker, not the TD LOL

Edit: Oh, I get your intended meaning now. I meant skinny dude tossing out teh jab-cross-roundhouse comb :P

Also, have you not watched the vids of Boston and NYC TDs? You can totally slug in overhands ;)

Not even a Mega, just a NYC TD a few years ago.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 11/26/2012 4:06pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 3:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    It means that you formed this idea in your head. That idea is not true. Actively training is not a requirement for active participation on this site. Encouraged? Yes. Required? No. Neither is it frowned upon if you don't actively train.
    I have no problem with people not training; there are about 6 billion people in the world who don't train. That's fine; there not posting here. This site can not do it's job if people don't know what they are doing. When I'm not training, I am 99% absent from posting. What is there even to talk about if you're not doing anything?

My own history: When I joined I was still a Krav fool, this was also my style field. I switched to MT after EuroMega 2, where I asked Zendo about good gyms, specifically striking. There was a video of me from then, where you can see I had ZERO skill. The following year I've been training twice a week with a few monthly periods of not training at all due to exams etc. Without going into it, I had bigger things in my life than training and I was (foolishly) not too serious about my training schedule.

Here's me explicitly stating that I'm a beginner right before the Fist match:

I've never stated anything more, nor have I implied it. Nor have I ever given advice on things that I don't know. Or even hung around technical striking threads so as to hint my skills by proxy. I'm one of those who has been HONEST on Bullshido. So I take it with offense when you accuse me of being a cheat.
    This is honest and matches exactly what you show in the vids posted. I have no problem with the accuracy of what you have posted. If you're not training, you're not training. As long as you're honest about it, no one can say you're a liar.

1) I assume you're implying that a forum leader has added responsibility in MA training. No, you made that up.
    On a thread where we've got a dude going to train while missiles are falling out of the sky and people are getting hurt and killed, making an argument for people in a leadership position on the site not training sounds pretty weak. Just sayin'

2) I knew then how to throw a roundkick. This was like a first smoker for me, I was very tentative (frankly I didn't feel ready) and didn't commit to my strikes. Notice how it takes me a minute to gain confidence first. And taking note that I had a cumulative 6 months of training, it wasn't THAT awful.
    Again, this matches exactly what was shown in your vids, and I said as much.

3) It was a weak turnout at the Euromega this year (only 4 of us). No one brought a camera. What can I say.
    Did Euromega4 actually happen, or did you guys just socialize? Not busting on you; I'm just curious if you guys just went to the bar, I think people should stop whining bout the lack of vids.

Tell you what, if Zendo sets up EuroMega 5 this summer and he is okay with filming, and someone else will brings a camera, and I can show up then you'll get updated footage of me. That's the best I can do for you.
    Are you telling me there can not be a EuroMega, or any footage unless one specific person says it's OK? WTF
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 11/26/2012 4:12pm at .

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 4:09pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Gong Sau Extravaganza 2013: Sirc vs. 3moose

Matt said a lot of things I wanted to say. But let me preview my response with, you did not engage in deciet. Instead, circumstances led myself and others to make wrongful assumptions. I apologize for panting you with the wrong brush.

More when I get home from work in a few hours.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 4:10pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post

On a thread where we've got a dude going to train while missile are falling out of the sky, making an argument for people in a leadership position on the site not training sounds pretty weak. Just sayin'

No. This is fucking stupid. If that's the case and we are going that far, pointing out their lack of skill sounds pretty weak. Discussing gong saus over petty internet **** is pretty weak. Omo shouldn't have brought it up. Just sayin'.

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 4:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    No. This is fucking stupid. If that's the case and we are going that far, pointing out their lack of skill sounds pretty weak. Discussing gong saus over petty internet **** is pretty weak. Omo shouldn't have brought it up. Just sayin'.
    Like I said before when Omo said I have a "free pass" for not training when I solo parented a young kosherkickboxer: there are no free passes IMO. At least I don't want one. It's not that people don't have good excuses for not training, it's that very legit excuses haven't kept people like Kintanon and Omo from training anyway. And they're the one's who have made admirable progress.

Personally, I think there is room for specific red-name staff that do technical jobs and don't train regularly. Not everyone at Gold's Gym needs to be in shape either, at least not the person doing the books or writing the contracts.

I'm not concerned with whether you or Browning are current with your training or not, because the place wouldn't function without your labor, and that's why you're red-named in the first place.