223739 Bullies, 4022 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2987
Page 122 of 299 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/24/2012 2:35pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Gong Sau Extravaganza 2013: Sirc vs. 3moose

Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    The 'TD Experience' is essentially just meeting someone from another state and doing some medium-hard MMA sparring with them and then getting BBQ and Beer or something similar.
    When you live in an area with little alive martial arts training like I do, just exchanging ideas is pretty appealing.

Also WTF is with all of these injured bitches? I trained with my arm in a fucking cast for 3 weeks are you telling me you guys can't manage to train with a sprained ankle or whatever crybaby **** you have going on?
    When I'm flared up, the pain is so bad I can't lift my daughter's legs to change her diaper. I have bursitis(sp?) So if I don't let it heal right it could easily become permanent. As someone who wants to train to compete when I'm done with school it's just not worth the risk. I'm just gonna baby the **** out of it for a while, have it checked by sports med, and hopefully start training again by January.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/24/2012 2:38pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Most throwdowns I've been to there's at least one **** head who is like "I'm just here to watch". Annoying.
    Adds another "Omega Annoyance" to the list.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    11/24/2012 2:48pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    When you live in an area with little alive martial arts training like I do, just exchanging ideas is pretty appealing.
    LOLWHUT? You live in/near Asheville, NC. There are like 10 MMA/BJJ/MT gyms around there. You have tons of options for alive training.

When I'm flared up, the pain is so bad I can't lift my daughter's legs to change her diaper. I have bursitis(sp?) So if I don't let it heal right it could easily become permanent. As someone who wants to train to compete when I'm done with school it's just not worth the risk. I'm just gonna baby the **** out of it for a while, have it checked by sports med, and hopefully start training again by January.

Well, get that **** taken care of then and get back to work.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/24/2012 2:50pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    LOLWHUT? You live in/near Asheville, NC. There are like 10 MMA/BJJ/MT gyms around there. You have tons of options for alive training.
    Welcome back. He knows, you are nearly a year too late.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/24/2012 3:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boxing about a year
    Kickboxing around 6 months or so
    Judo/bjj around 3 or 4 months

I don't remember specifics about his vid, I didn't even watch the entire fight before I lost interest. That's why I said "iirc" when talking about his vid.

The biggest thing that stands out from memory was his stance, which I actually commented on in that thread. I believe he had a pretty serious zombie foot.
    So you have a year of boxing but you can't see he has so-so foot work and a serviceable jab (that he drops frequently); you have 6 months of kickboxing but you can't see that he has about a 6 month understanding of the Thai roundhouse, or that he's showing a practiced spinning sidekick? Technique aside, he's showing a great deal of comfort standing in the pocket and exchanging; the guy has put in some hours in the ring.

Technique is always a red herring here. He's showing more real evidence of training with aliveness than many, many people here show. Including the people who played mock-the-ninja-LARPer with him for years.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/24/2012 3:16pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Gong Sau Extravaganza 2013: Sirc vs. 3moose

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    So you have a year of boxing but you can't see he has so-so foot work and a serviceable jab (that he drops frequently); you have 6 months of kickboxing but you can't see that he has about a 6 month understanding of the Thai roundhouse, or that he's showing a practiced spinning sidekick? Technique aside, he's showing a great deal of comfort standing in the pocket and exchanging; the guy has put in some hours in the ring.

Technique is always a red herring here. He's showing more real evidence of training with aliveness than many, many people here show. Including the people who played mock-the-ninja-LARPer with him for years.
    I'm not running in circles with you. Read what I said to you recently. Keep in mind I'm not Hiro and don't give a **** about e-rep. You and anyone else can walk away from this confused as hell and with no answers for all I care.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/24/2012 3:25pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not running in circles with you. Read what I said to you recently. Keep in mind I'm not Hiro and don't give a **** about e-rep. You and anyone else can walk away from this confused as hell and with no answers for all I care.
    Good good, let the hate flow through you. Come to the dark side...we have cookies.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/24/2012 3:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try being a little humble in your comments about skills in videos because you are new and you show your inexperience in your comments.

You're right, you're not Hiro: Hiro has vids.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 11/24/2012 3:49pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/24/2012 3:31pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keep in mind I'm not Hiro and don't give a **** about e-rep anymore after reading this thread.
    L-O-L.
    Fixed..

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/24/2012 3:36pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Adds another "Omega Annoyance" to the list.
    Hey! **** you.