218358 Bullies, 8033 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 3049
Page 107 of 305 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 5:36am

Style: Krav Maga, TKD (WTF)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can kill the old one.

And yeah Rafe did show up. Respect for that.

Then again I considered (and still consider) myself too much of a noob to show up.

That and the prospect of getting beaten into a bloody pulp kinda put me off.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 5:49am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rzero2 View Post
    That and the prospect of getting beaten into a bloody pulp kinda put me off.
    Who did that happen to?

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 5:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ME, if I showed up. Somehow I managed to piss everybody off. Weird, huh?

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 6:34am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post

We were talking about this video (which BTW is not as bad as yours)
    you think?
    I'd get a firm asskicking if this was a real 'performance'from my former trainer...lol.

Please allow me to explain this video in relation to the fisty match:
    This was from...2010 (?) and Zen and me did some..jesus I dont even know how to call it, moving/pattycake so he'd get to play with range, timing etc.
    None of my punches or kicks were commited as anyone with half a training can easily see.
    Also my kicks were thrown in horrificly because I simply couldnt (and still cant) generate power or speed from my hips, the muslces in my lowerback block my movements, hence my sluggish movement despite my charming boyish build.
    I wasnt even aware it was being filmed, not that it would have made any difference in how I'd move around. ;)

If anyone would suggest I'd deserve a TD fist for this or called it sparring I'd seriously suggest that person should have his head or eyes examined.

Now Rafe, if I may, here's the difference between my craptacular video and yours:
    (please sambosteev, and Omega correct me if im wrong) at NO time did I turn my back or flank to Zen, I only made one crossstep, the rest of the time my left leg kept being forward (as in footwork) and I had my guard up and chin down most of the time.

Before you're going with any further more excuses: I came in by train together with Syberia, we both had 4 hours of sleep (she worked in a bar at my town where there was a yearly festival with shitloads of noise, drunken screaming etc til 5 in the morning, and I live in the center of that town), then started the TD, I had a fucked up back, etc, but I still managed to at least resemble someone who has had a couple of ammyfights/training.

You lacked any insight, timing or technique.
    stop making up excuses.
    This isnt about you being rusty on your skills, this was proof you never had any in said discipline.

As long as you deny this I simply cant take you seriously.

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 6:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post
    no, let him keep it up. it's a good testimony to the retardation that one can expect when visiting this site.
    dude, im sorry, I honestly forgot I still had it up.
    its def time I take it down, yet it was a fucking funny quote though. :-p

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 6:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rzero2 View Post
    ME, if I showed up. Somehow I managed to piss everybody off. Weird, huh?
    From what I remember you were a clueless troll who asked for advice on what to train, and when I suggested a school very near you, a sandaschool, Hooyer with excellent reputation and fighters, you went lol nah i stick with the krav.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 7:10am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    From what I remember you were a clueless troll who asked for advice on what to train, and when I suggested a school very near you, a sandaschool, Hooyer with excellent reputation and fighters, you went lol nah i stick with the krav.
    Yeah. Lolland along with Thailand is the promised land of great stand-up gyms and you select.. TKD and Krav. Right.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 7:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr View Post
    Yeah. Lolland along with Thailand is the promised land of great stand-up gyms and you select.. TKD and Krav. Right.
    He seriously lived only ten minutes away from Hooyer gym, they delivered several national champions in sanshou/sanda, their fighters fight everywhere, but he went...'meh'...

LOL.

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 8:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lebell:

Which was still a smart move since the krav school is in my home town and membership gives me KM classes, various fitness classes as well as access to their equipment during open hours. 7 days a week. As awesome as Hooyer's Gym is, they dont give me that much for my money. Also I thoroughly enjoy the classes and it has really improved both my strength and my cardio.

BTW I met Hooyer this year at a charity Sanda seminar. Great guy. Class was awesome.

As for TKD well that too is closer to me than Hooyer plus, and I mean no offense at all, but kickboxing does tend to attract a lot of types I do not want to associate myself with. At least where I live. And the TKD too is rather cheap. Currently Im taking 2 classes a week but if get my green stripe I'm thinking of exchanging 1 class for a judo class.

Oh, and the TKD place gave me 5 free aikido lessons so Im doing that too. Not planning on taking more than 5 since everything you guys said about aikido is completely true (unlike Krav Maga and too a lesser extent TKD). Hell, the sensei was even mentioning chi and meridians, FFS. But hey, free is free, and I might learn some nice wristlocks.

-HPR: Yup. Because they're fun to do. And I wasnt looking for "great stand-up" but practical self-defense and something to increase flexibility and cardio.

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 8:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    He seriously lived only ten minutes away from Hooyer gym, they delivered several national champions in sanshou/sanda, their fighters fight everywhere, but he went...'meh'...

LOL.

Lebell, I dont want to train sanda, or kickboxing.

Oh and its 20 minutes by train. Dont have a car (or a license).