218358 Bullies, 997 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3049
Page 101 of 305 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 2:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    To be completely serious, we argued about a guy who he reminds me of after all of your "proof."
    I am a real person, not some Ravenloft Matryoshka!

(Too soon?)

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 2:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    2. Hard contact, not unlike what I did with TS. Imagine my embarassment.
    Sorry, I don't believe you. Even if someone had somehow reacquired the bad habits that a few months of striking training permanently break, they would understand our scepticism much better than you seem to.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 2:25pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be completely serious, we argued about a guy who he reminds me of after all of your "proof."
    If Hiro were not trolling us, he would be worse than that guy in many respects
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

On hiatus

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 2:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Getting fat.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @Hiro: How about you stop giving cute answers and explain how the **** you were teaching MT/kickboxing?

Now is a good time to give a solid explanation.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 2:34pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    If Hiro were not trolling us, he would be worse than that guy in many respects
    Yep, by far.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 3:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    @Hiro: How about you stop giving cute answers and explain how the **** you were teaching MT/kickboxing?

Now is a good time to give a solid explanation.
    Well, the main guy in our group had no time to train us any more, and so I took over, to keep the group together. Now, and this is also within my long history of posts, I didn't feel qualified for the task at all, not so much because I lacked technique back then, which was probably very TMA-ish, but because at that time I was lighter and smaller than everyone, and when people started to get demanding in sparring things would quickly go ugly for me.

I organized the group, and put together the training for about a year, but after i lost a sparring match against a visiting TKD guy badly, I started the striking art everybody suggested to me - Wing Chun.
    Now, we had a kickboxing, K-1 school in my town, but one of the guys that trained there had broken one of my pals' hands on NYE 2001, so this was really ground I did not want to tread on.
    You have to see, this was probably 2005 or 2006. Might not be clear to the guys over the pond, but the quest for teh deadli was still pretty open over here. No MMA on TV, and no access to publications and media of any kind that gave an unbiased take on self defense and on. Azatdawn is going to rejoice if he still finds it, but we even had a doctoral thesis in our university library that explained that WC was the most effective self defense system, based on the kinetic energy used in striking.

So, that route I took.

Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Sorry, I don't believe you. Even if someone had somehow reacquired the bad habits that a few months of striking training permanently break, they would understand our scepticism much better than you seem to.
    Can't help you then. If you guys conclude I am a liar, ban me, and be done with it. If not, frankly, better for you guys, because for the past five years I have tried to make a legitimately good contribution.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 3:18pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    Well, the main guy in our group had no time to train us any more, and so I took over, to keep the group together. Now, and this is also within my long history of posts, I didn't feel qualified for the task at all, not so much because I lacked technique back then, which was probably very TMA-ish, but because at that time I was lighter and smaller than everyone, and when people started to get demanding in sparring things would quickly go ugly for me.

I organized the group, and put together the training for about a year, but after i lost a sparring match against a visiting TKD guy badly, I started the striking art everybody suggested to me - Wing Chun.
    Now, we had a kickboxing, K-1 school in my town, but one of the guys that trained there had broken one of my pals' hands on NYE 2001, so this was really ground I did not want to tread on.
    You have to see, this was probably 2005 or 2006. Might not be clear to the guys over the pond, but the quest for teh deadli was still pretty open over here. No MMA on TV, and no access to publications and media of any kind that gave an unbiased take on self defense and on. Azatdawn is going to rejoice if he still finds it, but we even had a doctoral thesis in our university library that explained that WC was the most effective self defense system, based on the kinetic energy used in striking.

So, that route I took.
    I'll let some of the short, light and current instructors deal with this part of your post. It does explain a bunch.

Can't help you then. If you guys conclude I am a liar, ban me, and be done with it. If not, frankly, better for you guys, because for the past five years I have tried to make a legitimately good contribution.
    Now, this **** is trollish. Trolls continually whine about being banned and bring it up all by themselves. You want to be banned because you can't stop yourself from posting. At least admit that, like Matt did, because that is real honesty.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 3:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Getting fat.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So Hiro, where does your KB ammy record (3-6) fit in all this?

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 3:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now, this **** is trollish. Trolls continually whine about being banned and bring it up all by themselves. You want to be banned because you can't stop yourself from posting. At least admit that, like Matt did, because that is real honesty.
    Huh? See, I will stop posting, no biggie, when this **** is set. The thing is, I have met quite a few people from this board in person, and it irks me that my integrity is questioned like this. I am not a liar.

Also, we had this distinction between "tagged" and "untagged" instructors at some point. Wouldn't it apply here?
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 11/22/2012 3:35pm at .

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 3:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    So Hiro, where does your KB ammy record (3-6) fit in all this?
    Caught me cold there. No idea why I wrote this. I participated in a number of bouts until 2006, but it was more than nine, and, while they were technically ammy bouts, I would not mention them today any more, simply, because I know now how ammy matches can really look like.