Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/05/2012 2:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JingMerchant! View Post
    What about Emotional intelligence? Creative intelligence?
    Are these things really needed compared to the other things?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/05/2012 2:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JingMerchant! View Post
    I agree with your point on education not equalling intelligence. The smartest guy I know does not hold a degree.
    But, I must respectfully disagree here.

IQ tests are problematic, because what exactly are you trying to measure...?

The only IQ tests I have done, measured my skill at reading, writing, speaking and mathematics.
    Do analytical skills equate to intelligence now?

What about Emotional intelligence? Creative intelligence? Practical intelligence?

On any scale of IQ, what does one point of IQ represent?

Is it even sensible to say that this is something that can be measured...?

Don't be obtuse. Yeah, it can be measured. Put a smart guy in a room with a dumbass. Give them an IQ test. One starts methodically working through the questions while the other fumbles around like a monkey fucking a football. Simple.

What are you trying to measure? You're measuring the ability to use your brain to think critically and solve problems. Word problems. Picture problems. Number problems. You get the picture.

Emotional intelligence...creative intelligence.....that's what people tell their kids they have to boost their self esteem when they can't pass third grade math.

Again with the fucking scale questions???? It doesn't matter. Common IQ tests are tweaked so 100 is the mean score. That means half the population will fall above and half will fall below that score. The people who fall below that score are below average. They should stay at home watching Honey Boo Boo on election day.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/05/2012 2:54pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, IQ test have gone PC? No wonder our educational system is ****. Yes, I knew there were different qualified IQ tests, but emotional and creative?

Posted On:
    11/05/2012 2:54pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I say we get an extra vote for every 15 points over 100 we get

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    11/05/2012 2:58pm

Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    The, "LOL SIRC IS PRETTY" train left about a year ago. Get with the times, old man. You don't want your shitty kids growing up to be out of date, do you?
    So... Are you saying you're NOT pretty?

Mate, don't be so hard on yourself!

Someday, you SHALL go to the ball!
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Posted On:
    11/05/2012 3:03pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here we go the only voter test we need if you get the joke you can vote

Posted On:
    11/05/2012 3:08pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On a more serious note, I think that are elected officials should have to be able to pass in one sitting the GED exam, the Civil Service exam, and the naturalization exam.

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    11/05/2012 3:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Don't be obtuse. Yeah, it can be measured. Put a smart guy in a room with a dumbass. Give them an IQ test. One starts methodically working through the questions while the other fumbles around like a monkey fucking a football. Simple.
    If they did that test again, both of them would score better on the test. If they took a different kind of IQ test, they both would have completely different scores. So, which score are you going to go with? What is the baseline you're using to establish that the smart guy is 'Smart' and the dumbass is the 'dumbass'?

What are you trying to measure? You're measuring the ability to use your brain to think critically and solve problems. Word problems. Picture problems. Number problems. You get the picture.
    Indeed I do, I remember my Dad telling me about an IQ test he took, in the 70's, as part of a Uni project on IQ tests. It was from the US and it was for people who couldn't read.
    Some of the picture problems involved identifying different makes and models of US car. Others simply posted up pics and the examiner asked you to identify what was wrong with the pic. In many cases, it was small changes like the wrong badge on the vehicle. Something a UK citizen, then, was extremly unlikely to know.
    Pop's hold's an engineering degree
    Yet, according to an IQ test, for people who can't read, he scored WAY below average. See my point? (No cracks about my Dad please ;)

Emotional intelligence...creative intelligence.....that's what people tell their kids they have to boost their self esteem when they can't pass third grade math.
    That's a huge over simplification and I suspect you're trolling me here.

Again with the fucking scale questions???? It doesn't matter. Common IQ tests are tweaked so 100 is the mean score. That means half the population will fall above and half will fall below that score. The people who fall below that score are below average. They should stay at home watching Honey Boo Boo on election day.
    What's a 'Common' IQ test?
    I think it does matter mate, in order for the test to be meaningful, don't we have to establish what the point scale represents? In which case, what does one point of IQ represent?
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    11/05/2012 3:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Damn, IQ test have gone PC? No wonder our educational system is ****. Yes, I knew there were different qualified IQ tests, but emotional and creative?
    Roughly, one's capacity for empathy and creativity. That's how I interpreted it, anyway.

I realise I'm out on a limb here.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/05/2012 3:18pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    On a more serious note, I think that are elected officials should have to be able to pass in one sitting the GED exam, the Civil Service exam, and the naturalization exam.
    ****. As much as I want change, they represent the stupidity of our country. I'm willing to bet that the percentages of regular folks failing would be nearly equal to the idiots in office.

Oh and you are an engineer right?
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast