Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    11/04/2012 2:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait, no one else is fucking curious as to why a ************ would say only cats with college degrees should get to vote and ****?

The ****? You can't just be saying **** like that and not expect motherfuckers to not ask about that ****.

But Moose, being the motherfucking Moose will likely have some interesting **** to say. So here's to getting Moose to drop some knowledge on ignorant motherfuckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    11/04/2012 2:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that only I should get to vote

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/04/2012 2:29pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    He is a fart with an opinion, same as you. You want someone to talk to you seriously don't start a sentence like a turret afflicted weirdo dumb ****.
    )
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme
    Something moose was likely wondering when he looked at his Facebook wall and saw some no account loser demanding he better his debate skills by explaining his thought process to them.
    Two of the silliest posters, angrier than me or Sirc, are lecturing someone on how to act on the internet?
    Ha..hahahahahaha

Thanks, I needed a good laugh. Oh and you both have valid points. It is just funny watching two scorched earth posters, telling someone not to post in a similar fashion.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    11/04/2012 3:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dflanmod View Post
    I'd say thats right at the belt line.
    If do correct, no can defend.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    11/04/2012 3:24pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Wait, no one else is fucking curious as to why a ************ would say only cats with college degrees should get to vote and ****?
    Surely 3moose has some kind of rationale behind his statement. If it is to equate a formal education with functional intelligence, I would argue against it. I have friends who went to grad school and still don't get it. I know a few people with GED certificates who understand what needs to be done, and can do it. I'm not knocking college, I slipped through the cracks and got my BS, but aside from opening a few doors for me, I'm not any smarter.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    11/04/2012 3:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Two of the silliest posters, angrier than me or Sirc, are lecturing someone on how to act on the internet?
    Ha..hahahahahaha

Thanks, I needed a good laugh. Oh and you both have valid points. It is just funny watching two scorched earth posters, telling someone not to post in a similar fashion.

Name:  iron.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  50.4 KB
    Falling for Judo since 1980

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    11/04/2012 3:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    although i don't think we should require college degrees, i have toyed with the idea of some sort of system where a test would determine if a potential voter is able to show some base level of ability in 1) reading comprehension and 2) the use of logic to show that an argument was valid or invalid. i'm not talking about college level stuff here, it shouldn't be that hard.

i know that this sounds like i want to be a nazi and disenfranchise people, but i think that if there were widespread *free* classes available to teach these basic skills (and maybe other topics like logical fallacies perhaps, and common tactics used by orators to confuse issues) we would only disenfranchise the apathetic, and we could actually have a voting population who understood the issues, and politicians who would have to make more logically sound arguments, and back up their claims with facts. let's face it, politicians from all parties are spreading lies and half truths and selling us on bullshit promises. i blame the sheep voters, and i wish that could change.

we could have political discourse that might actually lead to solutions to our problems, as opposed to the mess we have now. by playing to the lowest common denominator, our politicians get very little done in terms of positive change.

i know it could never happen, but i can't help but wonder if it could help. even if it was put into place with good intentions it would probably break down quickly due to corruption into a small group of the very rich who could vote, and who would rule with an iron fist and make the rest of us peasants.

i suppose the alternative is to teach logic and reasoning in grade and high school. as if that's going to happen.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/04/2012 3:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Something moose was likely wondering when he looked at his Facebook wall and saw some no account loser demanding he better his debate skills by explaining his thought process to them.
    LOLOLOLOL HOW CYNICAL AND OFF PUTTING. YOU FOUND MY ONE ALLERGY. ENJOY THE HANDJOBS FROM THE OTHER PIECES OF **** THAT HAVE 0 WORTH.

Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    He is a fart with an opinion, same as you. You want someone to talk to you seriously don't start a sentence like a turret afflicted weirdo dumb ****.
    For arguments sake, what angered you so much in his opinion? (BTW i don't know the guy and it could be that your assessment of him is totally correct, and he is one of those annoying enthusiastic people, but that is beside the point.)
    Let's do a mental exercise here. Aside from you just looking for a handjob from the rest of the forum for your, "LOL I TOLD SIRC TO SHUT UP! GUYZ GIVE ME A THUMBS UP!!!!!" how about discussing the issue here. Derek is obviously just the example to be made here. You realize this is the kind of line of reasoning why pieces of **** get to make decisions, right? You really think that a little critical thinking is a bad thing? Or maybe perhaps you feel that getting a hand job from a bunch of fat pieces of talentless shits is more important than trying to promote discussion.

God damn, it's like every time I come back to visit, you hobby rapists just continue to get more and more fucking retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Can't argue with this at all. I was only addressing the fact that Sirc is an attention whore and he needs to get over himself. Why drag his Facebook drama onto a MA forum seemingly (to me at least) due to the fact that he's (Sirc) butthurt moose didn't respond to him.
    No you dumb piece of ****. This is the off-topic forum. If you apply your shitty logic to this sub forum then let's just nuke this entire sub-forum. **** you you piece of ****.

It's not about being butthurt, which clearly you don't understand. But Moose is a special little tyke because he is all of you in an unfiltered, non-pretentious way. You are all exactly like this little ****. None of you wish to explain anything and just go about shitting everything up with your statements and shitty one-upsmanship nonsense.

Posted On:
    11/04/2012 3:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is the problem, its not the uneducated or those who lack interest that are the problem. Its those who hold to their chosen party as if it where a religion that required blind loyalty. Then on top of this in this age of selective information it is very easy to reenforce ones own beliefs. Say for instance your a conservative, you listen to Rush and watch fox news and read the right wing blog sphere. Of course the reverse is also true. Then on top of that we have had nearly a billion dollars spent from outside interest on this election.

What is lacking is real debate, by real debate I mean through the use of argument to pursue the truth not to win an argument.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/04/2012 4:00pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post

by real debate I mean through the use of argument to pursue the truth not to win an argument.
    You forgot to add "IMO."
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast