Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/01/2013 12:41pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    This "street fight" talk makes me want to vomit. The street fight will usually be won by the bigger, more athletic, more aggressive opponent that strikes first. Usually a sucker punch. Whether you spend your time in sport jiujitsu or self defense jiujitsu will make little difference. If you avoid the fight or recognize before the other guy that a fight is inevitable and sieze the initiative your chances of a good outcome are infinately better than reacting and playing catch up with whatever the hell you've been training in.
    **** you, how dare you tell the truth. We don't want fucking reality, we want fantasy. BTW that sucker punch thing is not always a sure thing.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    1/01/2013 2:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Actually I combine both strategies.
    Interesting how the more experienced don't focus on only one "strategy" or "game", but use what is most appropriate under given circumstances.

Amazing, really amazing
    Falling for Judo since 1980

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    1/01/2013 3:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mas Ayoob is full of it in a lot of stuff, according to my LEO colleagues, but one thing I read about in his book on self defense/self protection, rings true, because it's been my experience even in "Olympic Judo". Being able to take punishment and being able to punish your opponent, even enjoy it, and keep functioning is more important than a lot of technique.

I won a lot of Judo matches (no "fights" since I was a junior in high school) because I simply wanted to win more than the other guy, who was often more skilled than me, and I was willing and able to not quit until I was unconscious, puking, or both. That was something that I was specifically trained to do..never give up, period. And getting pounded into the tatami several times a week and keep getting up, even with no hope of "winning" got me there, eventually.

That is maybe the most important thing one can learn from "sport" training.

Maybe
    Last edited by BKR; 1/01/2013 3:04pm at .
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2013 4:01pm

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    Not really, we are talking self defense and modern BJJ. Ryan's Jiu Jitsu competition game is inverted guard and 50/50 yet he handled himself very professionally and capable in a real encounter. That is point.

Happy New Year Omega.

If you are referring to that tussle in the pizza joint that was not a good example of using BJJ in a real fight. Ryan took the guy down when the guy was not expecting it and the dude was never was a real threat. He was all talk and no action. Seen these types many times. A real crazy or violent person would have just started punching after the first exchange of words.

I have been in a lot of street fights and trust me the guys I had to deal with were not that nice and restrained as the guy in the pizza place and that is just the fights I have had as a civilian not mentioning the crazy fuckers I had to deal with as a street cop or a state correctional officer. I have seen a lot of violence in my years and seen plenty of death. I know what man can do to another man I have seen the worse behavior of mankind so has any other LEO or War Vet.

No street fighting is a whole different ball game. It is violent, fast paced, chaotic and an adrenaline rush. There are no refs, no time limits, and no tapping out. It is just you and the guy you are fighting with and the skills you have developed over the years through, hopefully, realistic training. I don't give a **** what competitors say competing is nothing like a real street fight. People that make these statements have never been in a real fight of their life.

If you have never had to fight for your life then I am happy for you. Hopefully you can continue with this sort of luck. However I know what is out there and that is why I train the way I do and why I train my students to fight. Yeah competition is fun and I do have students that compete but that is surely not my main function at my school. I personally could care less about some damn fake gold medals. What I do care about is my ability to take care of my family and continue to be around in their lives to help protect them as well. We live in a violent world as we have seen from the latest disaster at the school shooting. A wise man will take his training serious because violence has a tendency to sneak up when we are least expecting it.

Posted On:
    1/01/2013 4:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    **** you, how dare you tell the truth. We don't want fucking reality, we want fantasy. BTW that sucker punch thing is not always a sure thing.
    I'm sorry, I meant to say that the first strike is frequently a sucker punch, not that sucker punches are a way to win street fights. The way I win street fights is to just keep throwing punches till my arms are tired. Then I tell my friends "Let him go, he's had enough".

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 11:43am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No street fighting is a whole different ball game. It is violent, fast paced, chaotic and an adrenaline rush. There are no refs, no time limits, and no tapping out.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBHK-2ZHbag

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 12:42pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    Seriously Hedge, that only helps my cause.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456