Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 9:08pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    This is a very poor comparison. Boxing has rarely conducted itself more that a sport for decades now. Like I said, I'm more in the mindset of Team Python.
    So Sport BJJ will turn in to Boxing and Self Defense gyms will turn into Krav Maga. I am ok with that.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 9:23pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    So Sport BJJ will turn in to Boxing and Self Defense gyms will turn into Krav Maga. I am ok with that.
    Not me. Well before UFC reared it's head I used to work for a Company called "The Men's Wearhouse". You might've heard of it.

Anyway we were sitting there at dinner with George Zimmer at one of our annual meetings when some of the guys were talking about the toughest fighters. Already seeing where this was going I prepped my rebuttals. Somebody brought Mike Tyson's name up amongst several other boxing names up and I said "Well are you saying toughest fighters or toughest boxers".

We then got into a back and forth conversation with George Zimmer amusingly just watching us go at it. I threw out some unknowns like Gene Lebell and Andy Hug and they scoffed. I told them he'd be ill prepared if he got his legs kicked out from under him or, heaven forbid, thrown to the ground and knocked out (I didn't say choked out as I was a master troll even back then) Finally I told the three guys I would take them all at the same time as long as they used only boxing. Then George jumped in and broke it up. I thought it'd be fun. We went at it all weekend. It was quite masterful. Later that year UFC debuted. I wish I could have seen their faces if they watched it.

*Where was I going with this.....oh yeah.

I teach all aspects in my gym as should any gym claiming to teach a self defense system. If you're only going to teach bjj as a sport then I think there should be a bit more honesty up front.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 10:08pm

supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I combine both strategies.
    Hey, someone actually addressed my question. Halle-fucking-lujah.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 10:15pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmonk View Post
    Hey, someone actually addressed my question. Halle-fucking-lujah.
    Um sure. I'm here for you.

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 10:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not me. Well before UFC reared it's head I used to work for a Company called "The Men's Wearhouse". You might've heard of it.

Anyway we were sitting there at dinner with George Zimmer at one of our annual meetings when some of the guys were talking about the toughest fighters. Already seeing where this was going I prepped my rebuttals. Somebody brought Mike Tyson's name up amongst several other boxing names up and I said "Well are you saying toughest fighters or toughest boxers".

We then got into a back and forth conversation with George Zimmer amusingly just watching us go at it. I threw out some unknowns like Gene Lebell and Andy Hug and they scoffed. I told them he'd be ill prepared if he got his legs kicked out from under him or, heaven forbid, thrown to the ground and knocked out (I didn't say choked out as I was a master troll even back then) Finally I told the three guys I would take them all at the same time as long as they used only boxing. Then George jumped in and broke it up. I thought it'd be fun. We went at it all weekend. It was quite masterful. Later that year UFC debuted. I wish I could have seen their faces if they watched it.

*Where was I going with this.....oh yeah.

I teach all aspects in my gym as should any gym claiming to teach a self defense system. If you're only going to teach bjj as a sport then I think there should be a bit more honesty up front.
    I used to have the same conversation with my loser friends, my answer was always Benny the Jet. The were always, "from West Side Story?". Jesus.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 11:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't practice any high level **** and up until 2 minutes ago I thought the Berimbolo was a motherfucking Italian pastry, you know, with cheese and ****. So I'm definitely not an authority on grappling, although I did armbar a ************ once.

I always wonder why motherfuckers would want to have **** "especially for self defense". Always seemed fucking ridiculous to me. If you're a boxer, you punch the ************. If you do muay thai, you knee the ************. If you do BJJ, you armbar the ************. Isn't that **** simple? How the **** do you have skill in any martial art yet not know how to use it to harm a ************, if harming a ************ is the only thing it's used for?

Training "self defense" **** is like walking around with a hammer and learning to use the fucking handle to drive nails. Just hit the ************ with the flat, hard, metal part already. ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 11:57pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    I don't practice any high level **** and up until 2 minutes ago I thought the Berimbolo was a motherfucking Italian pastry, you know, with cheese and ****. So I'm definitely not an authority on grappling, although I did armbar a ************ once.

I always wonder why motherfuckers would want to have **** "especially for self defense". Always seemed fucking ridiculous to me. If you're a boxer, you punch the ************. If you do muay thai, you knee the ************. If you do BJJ, you armbar the ************. Isn't that **** simple? How the **** do you have skill in any martial art yet not know how to use it to harm a ************, if harming a ************ is the only thing it's used for?

Training "self defense" **** is like walking around with a hammer and learning to use the fucking handle to drive nails. Just hit the ************ with the flat, hard, metal part already. ****.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    12/31/2012 1:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/31/2012 11:03am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2012 2:59pm

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's fucked up....I almost choked on my left over pizza......place a warning notice next time......"Don't have food in mouth when you watch this"
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast