I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    11/02/2012 3:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    That **** looks like a nightmare, do they have the guard called out??
    They have them activated here in NY for the relief effort in the South Shore communities that were devastated, SI included. I have been seeing them rolling through my neighbourhood since Wednesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    11/02/2012 3:47pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dusty is neg repping all my posts even in the disaster thread, lol.

Will his anger ever end?

Posted On:
    11/02/2012 6:43pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Almost every open gas station in NJ is just like this, although it's getting better as each area gets power back, and gas stations with fuel sitting under them can operate pumps. Still thousands of stations dark and/or empty.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/02/2012 6:47pm at .

Posted On:
    11/02/2012 9:16pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've got a newly homeless friend in Brick Township I need to try to get to tomorrow. He needs Tyvek cleaning gear, food, and other basic stuff. He's concerned because looting is an issue..needs to safely get his stuff out of there and find a place to stay for a few months.

He's an ex-cop, works as a bank security guard, and is very trustyworthy. All around amazing character...and he sounds spiritually crushed at the moment, so if anyone in the Brick/Freehold/Manchester/Manalapan/Colt's Neck area can help or donate ANYTHING, please let me know. Long shot but what the ****.

He's also the sax player in a really cool NJ band called Smoke and Mirrors.

http://www.smokeandmirrorsband.com/Big_Vic_Bio.htm

Posted On:
    11/02/2012 9:31pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Governor Christie just signed an executive order rationing gas in 12 NJ counties.

http://www.app.com/viewart/20121102/...yssey=nav|head

A statement from the governor's office late Friday said Christie took the action to prevent a fuel shortage and ease the problem of extended wait times and lines at gas stations, declaring a limited state of energy emergency with regard to the supply of motor fuel and implementing odd-even rationing for gasoline purchases in 12 New Jersey counties. Odd-even fuel sales will take effect in the following counties at noon on Saturday in Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Middlesex, Morris, Monmouth, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union, and Warren counties.

Once in effect, all retail dealers of motor vehicle fuel will be required to only sell such fuel for use in a passenger vehicle in which the last number of its license plate corresponds to the date on the calendar. In other words, a motorist operating a car or truck with a license plate that ends in an even number would only be permitted to purchase gas on an even date. A motorist with a car or truck with a license plate that ends in an odd number would only be permitted to purchase gas on an odd date.The executive order takes effect at noon Saturday, Nov. 3, an odd numbered date

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/02/2012 10:03pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is very dangerous to live in a densely populated area. Too many people scurrying around like cockroaches when the lights come on. There is no remedy for this during a natural disaster.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/02/2012 10:18pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another thought - I'm assuming all the gas you're hauling is to run a generator. That's good to have but burdensome too. I know it's cold, but I think having high quality subzero sleeping bags for everyone in the family is a better idea.

Everybody can get cozy when they need to and get a good night's sleep and there's nothing you have to replenish. If you're indoors it's not too hard to stay reasonably warm during daylight hours if you dress appropriately and keep busy.

Obviously at this point you either have a way to keep warm or you don't. Just sayin' - food for thought for everyone for future emergencies.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    11/02/2012 10:29pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good to hear you're ok WR. Stay safe.

Oh, and take your wife up on her request and teach her how to use a shotgun. Carpe diem and all that.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Posted On:
    11/02/2012 11:28pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Another thought - I'm assuming all the gas you're hauling is to run a generator. That's good to have but burdensome too. I know it's cold, but I think having high quality subzero sleeping bags for everyone in the family is a better idea.
    Yep generator and of course travel fuel to secure more gas.

Two days before Sandy hit, I was lucky enough to track down a shipment of 5500W generators to a Lowes 60 miles away in PA...got #28 out of 100 and they were all sold before I left the store a half hour later.

The temperature stayed in the 50s/60s for a few days and I have decent insulation, so it only started getting really cold around Thursday...in fact my house was dropping towards 50F right when the power came back on.

I was an idiot for thinking I might not need the generator...we lost power right when the storm hit and by Wednesday people on my street were giving me gas, firewood, and even cigars for a little electricity to operate sump pumps, coffee pots, etc. It felt like the 1800s. We were probably going to start trading pelts and furs next.

Everybody can get cozy when they need to and get a good night's sleep and there's nothing you have to replenish. If you're indoors it's not too hard to stay reasonably warm during daylight hours if you dress appropriately and keep busy.
    I used to live in Michigan and the Poconos. Half my wardrobe are thermals I've had for years. We drove the kids to my sister in laws who still had power, so that was one less thing to worry about. But yeah I have to rethink everything at this point...

Obviously at this point you either have a way to keep warm or you don't. Just sayin' - food for thought for everyone for future emergencies.
    Thanks. I learned (and relearned) a lot from this experience.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/02/2012 11:35pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2012 11:34pm

Style: 1 technique 1000 times

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man oh man, seeing this made me so glad the storm missed my part of New York... I just don't know how I'd react to something like a gas emergency. My parents family business aka the source of family income runs on diesel fuel, so yeah it'd be pretty bad.

Glad you're safe, Rabbit. Get that little lady of yours to a shooting range "ASAFP."
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast