Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    Wing Chun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Moy Yatt Ving Tsun

Has anyone heard of them? They're based out of Richmond, VA. I attended for about 8 months at one point (long time ago) and it seemed OK.. but no more than OK. The people were great, don't get me wrong, all very fun to train with. My sifu there, however, was a beer bellied guy (which is usually a red flag to me, although I might just be hyper critical) who was definitely not completely incompetent.. I wouldn't even say BAD, either, but he didn't tell me very much I didn't already know. Also, I NEVER saw him do anything I couldn't (not saying I'm some sort of pro), in fact I didn't see him do much at all in all of my 8 months there.
    The classes were about 3 hours a day, three days a week.. so at nine hours a week, plus the all day workshops I attended, and there were three of them. And I never saw him do anything other than very basics. Also, he didn't seem to ever remember anyone's progress; I was supposed to move to Biu Jie and he completely forgot for a week until I reminded him and which point he asked I preform all three parts of Siu Nim Tao and Chum Que because he couldn't remember if I'd even past them yet.
    Also, I saw a post somewhere else (different site all together) regarding someone else's bad experience with this school. What do you think, Bullshido or..?

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is not the forum for this type of question. Read the stickies, the rules of the forum that tell you to read them.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Style
    ^_^
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True story: One of the very first Austin throwdowns, I RNC'd one of their dudes and he said to me immediately "Yeah, i'm tired".

Then I took another one down and armbarred him and he suddenly turned into a huge size queen about the incident later on on the followup thread, even though he wanted mma sparring.

Someone know where that thread went?

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Style
    Wing Chun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    True story: One of the very first Austin throwdowns, I RNC'd one of their dudes and he said to me immediately "Yeah, i'm tired".

Then I took another one down and armbarred him and he suddenly turned into a huge size queen about the incident later on on the followup thread, even though he wanted mma sparring.

I'd like to see it. All the same, that sounds about right. There were two guys there that were more interested in Tae Kwon Do and kept trying to steer everyone toward it.. and another who showed up one day all banged up after going with his boxer buddy. And all this in only an 8 months period..

Style
    BJJ, Wing Chun
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So is this a review of a school you attended a "long time ago"? Do you still train wing chun (as it is in your style field)?

What's your point?

Style
    ^_^

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IIRC there is/was a guy here named Dagon Akujin with Moy Yat in his style field. You now know as much as I do about the style.

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post

Forward this to TranquiL Suit, he was asking when and where any of this ever happened. You know because he didn't see it happen, since he started posting, it doesn't exist.

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    IIRC there is/was a guy here named Dagon Akujin with Moy Yat in his style field. You now know as much as I do about the style.
    Yes and that is what Tom Kagan practiced as well..

Style
    ^_^
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Forward this to TranquiL Suit, he was asking when and where any of this ever happened. You know because he didn't see it happen, since he started posting, it doesn't exist.
    Done.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last