Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

BJJ Jiu Jitsu on St. Kitts (Caribbean)

Hello all, I am heading down to St Kitts Island this September to start med school. Anyone know of a place that teaches bjj on the island?

-Jake

Style
    MT noob, BJJ even noober
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats on going to med school. Truthfully, St. Kitts is a tiny place and I'd be shocked to find out that someone is teaching BJJ there. Although, it's beautiful so maybe you can convince a blackbelt to set up residence and start a school. :icon_wink

I think your best bet would be to search for a martial art when you get down there and see what you come up with (unless there happens to be any St. Kitts & Nevis bullys here). There might be a school teaching something that you aren't really interested in but at least you'd be training. OTOH, perhaps you might get lucky and a fellow student has taken BJJ previously and you can get together and roll.

I know this isn't that helpful but I'm sort of in the same situation so I understand- I'm probably going to be spending 6 months in Kingston, Jamaica and my preliminary Google searches for schools haven't turned up much.

Style
    Striking/Grappling/Poking
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think you're going to find any BJJ in St. Kitts. There's like 40 people on the island, your chances are extremely slim.

Quote Originally Posted by thaclient View Post
    I know this isn't that helpful but I'm sort of in the same situation so I understand- I'm probably going to be spending 6 months in Kingston, Jamaica and my preliminary Google searches for schools haven't turned up much.

Oh really? Holla at me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Style
    No gym currently.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****.
    Q-Dot!
    Sir, your return was foretold.
    Ok, it wasn't, but, uh, hi!
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Style
    MT noob, BJJ even noober
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Oh really? Holla at me.
    Srsly? Nice!! :wav:

You train on your own or at a school?

OP: Sorry for the thread drift.

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thaclient View Post
    Srsly? Nice!! :wav:

You train on your own or at a school?

OP: Sorry for the thread drift.
    I train at a pair of schools. One is boxing, which is the main place, the other is ... I don't know how to describe it. I sent you a PM, just holla.
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    Holy ****.
    Q-Dot!
    Sir, your return was foretold.
    Ok, it wasn't, but, uh, hi!

Oh yes, an angel appeared to me and said my services were needed. I replied "who the **** let you out? Get back in your cage." Then I said "OK".

Style
    armchair asswuppin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmmmm St. Kitts huh? I just got back from a trip there, sorta working vacation.. seriously doubt you will find any kind of martial arts training there, it is a very small island. on the bright side, there are tons of sexy american girls going to school down there, mainly either veteranarians or nurses, and they are freindly as ****.
    words of advice: do not cause any trouble in Frigate bay, especially on the "strip" The cops there are like a gang and will fick your **** up, beat you once you're cuffed, all the while threatening to make you diss-a-ppeah. throw you in jail and not say **** to you about what is going to happen. Jails there are not pretty, turns out "whitey" isn't exactly beloved down there, at least at the cop shop.
    I got messed up while down there by about twelve of them... oh and another thing: they don't use badges, they just pretend they told you after the fight and it is your responsibility to know they are cops and not just a gang of thugs trying to beat you down.... final thing: it is apparently illegal to swear in St. Kitts....
    enjoy!

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice... Thanks for the heads-up, last thing I want to do is end up in a freaking jail cell with a broken leg over something stupid. If I can't find a gym to train in I am hoping that I can at least find another student or two there to roll with. If anyone comes up with a place be sure to let me know. -Jake

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Jarog, what was it like staying on a little island like that? Were you there long? Did you feel "trapped" or was it big enough to spread out on? I guess there are cruise ships going in and out all the time and airplanes coming and going. I have never been there but it seems like it could be a little freaky knowing you are on a little speck of dirt way out in the middle of the damn ocean. -Jake

Page 1 of 3 123 Last