Thread: Ancient history

Style
    none
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ancient history

Hi guys. I was recently told a story about an incident that happened somewhere around the 80's in Ithaca,New York. 2 guys attacked female karate sensei K.G. (don't know whether i should post her full name since the story may be totally fake) 4 dan at that time in the street. She sends them both to the hospital and one of them never walks again.The crippled guy sues her for excessive use of force but the court finds her innocent.
    Of course there is nothing on the internet concerning this case since it happened almost 30 years ago but i was told that it was mentioned at some local newspapers of the time.
    Has anyone here ever heard about this? And is it possible for a woman to cause such a damage?

Style
    Shorin Ryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are we allowed to rip this to **** or do we have to wait until it's moved to YMAS?

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What you're basically asking is if a person killed two other people at some time in a decade in one of the largest metropolitan areas. The most info you can find out, the more likely you'll learn something useful. As the person starting the investigation, its up to you to do some research and present it before dumping it here and asking for feedback. Did you do a number of Google searches? Did you ask details from the person you heard it from?

Style
    FMA, Ego Warrior
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by al12 View Post
    80's in Ithaca,New York.
    There's your starting point. You have a location, a time frame and a description of events. The Ithaca public library may have newspaper articles on microfilm regarding the incident. The Ithaca police department will also be another resource to check out.

Any legal actions resulting from the fight should be on record at the Tomkins County Court House.
    And is it possible for a woman to cause such a damage?
    Women are capable of far greater damage than simply putting two douche bags in traction.

http://www.historynet.com/boudica-ce...enged-rome.htm
    Last edited by Mr. Machette; 11/01/2012 5:12pm at .

Style
    none
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are no online archives of the local newapapers of the time.And since i don't live in the US it's impossible to visit any of the local libraries.There are indeed microfilms of the newspapers in Cornel university i think, but as i already said i don't live in USA. The reason i posted this is just in case someone senior has come across this story. There is no research to do through internet.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it possible? Certainly, did it happen? That is a whole different question.
    If the guy sued her and it went to court as per your story there is a resource right there for you to tap. Court records are public record.

Style
    TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Women are capable of far greater damage than simply putting two douche bags in traction.

http://www.historynet.com/boudica-ce...enged-rome.htm
    Name:  alex-kingston-boudicca.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  42.3 KB
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At any rate, since this is in Newbietown, Welcome to Bullshido.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Style
    Grappling/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are no online archives of the local newapapers of the time.And since i don't live in the US it's impossible to visit any of the local libraries.There are indeed microfilms of the newspapers in Cornel university i think, but as i already said i don't live in USA. The reason i posted this is just in case someone senior has come across this story. There is no research to do through internet.
    Actually there are plenty of online records from this period. What was the woman's name?