228166 Bullies, 4657 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/02/2012 8:24am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    So the alcoholic has to forever be indebted to the person they have harmed even after attempting to make amends because the person they harmed is a whining ***** who can't let bygones be bygones? Bit of a problem there, how can one move on if another is constantly whining about what they did in the past? Was it so bad what they did that it is unforgivable? Nothing is unforgivable, there is only the unforgiving. And I feel pity for the unforgiving.

You should really look into addressing some of this anger towards your old man, dude, it's apparent.
    No, the alcholic is not forever indebted to the person they've harmed. But they should have enough self awareness to understand going around masturbating about how awesome they are because they don't drink may come off as more than a little obnoxious to the people who put up with their **** for years. It's good that you don't have kids. In the case of kids I say yes, you're forever indebted to them for the fucked up **** you do. Or at least forever responsible.

Don't be the "Look at me! I'm sober!" guy. Be humble about your sobriety. Congratulations! You've climbed the ladder all the way up to level zero. Now go do something that matters.

You're mistaken in your assessment of my relationship with my father. Yes, he was a drunk. Yes, he was and still can be a prick. But all that **** was dealt with years ago. Basically because I recognized his prickness and recognized that he couldn't blame it all on alchohol. Alcohol just made him a less functional and less dependable asshole. I told him exactly that and I know he knows it's true.

I felt much better after that. We get along fine but I will never let him get away with fantasizing that he was a good father. And I made him understand that he built the foundation of our relationship when I was a kid. I can move on from that but we will never have the type of relationship I have with my son. He screwed up his chance for that and it would be disrespectful to the child I once was to allow him to deny that.

As for everyone in Australia being a drunk.....I don't think so. Although, that would help explain why we kick your asses at the Olympics. Anyway, millions of people doing something stupid doesn't make it less stupid. And it doesn't mean you've done something special by not doing it. I don't think I'm special because I don't eat McDonald's every day like millions of Americans. I just quietly take pleasure in the fact that my belt can be made from a single cow.

Posted On:
    11/05/2012 1:18am

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I think both you Battlefields and Devil are kinda coming at this from two different areas.

Battlefields - posting this on this message board because of how much he's become a part of it and to outline this milestone on something he feels passionate about with people he sees as friends or might care etc; not as 2 years sobriety "now this is an excuse for his actions", or a way for him to feel superior to others because of this milestone, but just that is a milestone in his life he wanted to share etc—it is a deal for him.

For example, he doesn't come up at training and go "WOOOO, 2 years 3 days since I've had a drink, **** yeah, suck my cock all you dickheads that drink, you're all useless, drunk, cockgobblers". It's not something he brings up at all unless someone asks him directly about coming out to drink or about drinks or drinking.
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Posted On:
    11/05/2012 1:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I first want to congratulate Mr Fields, it is a good thing that he is getting and keeping his **** straight, I hope he never slips again.
    That being said I have to agree with what Devil is saying for the most part.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/05/2012 8:52am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Miyagi View Post
    Ok, I think both you Battlefields and Devil are kinda coming at this from two different areas.

Battlefields - posting this on this message board because of how much he's become a part of it and to outline this milestone on something he feels passionate about with people he sees as friends or might care etc; not as 2 years sobriety "now this is an excuse for his actions", or a way for him to feel superior to others because of this milestone, but just that is a milestone in his life he wanted to share etc—it is a deal for him.

For example, he doesn't come up at training and go "WOOOO, 2 years 3 days since I've had a drink, **** yeah, suck my cock all you dickheads that drink, you're all useless, drunk, cockgobblers". It's not something he brings up at all unless someone asks him directly about coming out to drink or about drinks or drinking.
    For the record, I didn't take his post that way. I didn't think he was being obnoxious. Likewise, my advice was sincere.

Also, I assume you're an alcoholic since you're Australian and acquainted with Battlefields. Would you like to talk about your little problem?
    Last edited by Devil; 11/05/2012 8:55am at .

Posted On:
    11/05/2012 3:58pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Devil, as you said, your issue with your old man was with the man himself. As you said, the alcohol was a symptom. The alcohol is never an excuse, the alcoholic chose to imbibe it, whatever actions under the influence are treated the same as actions sober.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    11/05/2012 4:06pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    whatever actions under the influence are treated the same as actions sober.
    This here is the key, I know a lot of people who think oh I was drunk is a perfectly valid excuse for what ever stupid bullshit they have done.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/05/2012 4:09pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    This here is the key, I know a lot of people who think oh I was drunk is a perfectly valid excuse for what ever stupid bullshit they have done.
    The real problem is when this is extended to "therefore, I will drink before doing this questionable activity".

Posted On:
    11/05/2012 4:21pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    The real problem is when this is extended to "therefore, I will drink before doing this questionable activity".
    I hate to admit it but that actually blew a little part of my brain and added some understanding to some of the stupidity I have witnessed over the years.

Posted On:
    11/05/2012 11:48pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    For the record, I didn't take his post that way. I didn't think he was being obnoxious. Likewise, my advice was sincere.

Also, I assume you're an alcoholic since you're Australian and acquainted with Battlefields. Would you like to talk about your little problem?
    Ah, awesome. Sorry, I was drunk at the time, and felt both of you guys had valid points but were starting to drift into different directions of discussion on a heated point.
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234