233618 Bullies, 3997 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 51 to 60 of 77
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,103

    Posted On:
    10/31/2012 5:32pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Its not just 7 but 7-9.
    Cause everything has to be made into trilogies now.
    This only works if you disregard that 4-6 were a trilogy. He always imagined filming them as trilogies.

    http://www.movieweb.com/news/mark-ha...wars-7-8-and-9
  2. Hiro Protagonist is offline
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar

    Has entered Barovia...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,436

    Posted On:
    10/31/2012 7:05pm

    supporting member
     

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Little known fact, Lucas wanted to do a second trilogy with the original cast as early as 1991, but negotiations with Harrison Ford fell through, and so the project never materialized. There's a pretty nice interview with Timothy Zahn out there, the author of the Thrawn trilogy, where he explains quite a lot of the stuff one usually doesn't hear from King George.

    Also, and don't get me wrong, but the myth that Mr Lucas tries to spread, that he had some sort of a master plan or higher concept is proven to be false. First, the original concept of Star Wars was based in an screenplay on a Flash Gordon movie, and second, the early Star Wars is almost entirely the brainchild of Alan Dean Foster, of Spellsinger fame.

    How little concept there was is shown in a novel from 1978, Splinter of the Mind's Eye, where Luke and Leia hook up, IIRC, and Luke simply kills Vader.
  3. battlefields is online now
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,235

    Posted On:
    10/31/2012 7:12pm

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    Little known fact, Lucas wanted to do a second trilogy with the original cast as early as 1991, but negotiations with Harrison Ford fell through, and so the project never materialized. There's a pretty nice interview with Timothy Zahn out there, the author of the Thrawn trilogy, where he explains quite a lot of the stuff one usually doesn't hear from King George.

    Also, and don't get me wrong, but the myth that Mr Lucas tries to spread, that he had some sort of a master plan or higher concept is proven to be false. First, the original concept of Star Wars was based in an screenplay on a Flash Gordon movie, and second, the early Star Wars is almost entirely the brainchild of Alan Dean Foster, of Spellsinger fame.

    How little concept there was is shown in a novel from 1978, Splinter of the Mind's Eye, where Luke and Leia hook up, IIRC, and Luke simply kills Vader.
    Holy ****, I had that book!
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
  4. Styygens is offline
    Styygens's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,171

    Posted On:
    10/31/2012 7:25pm


     Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Five words:

    Disney Star Wars Christmas Special

    That's it, that's all.
    Good one.

    I see you and raise you with this horrifying notion:

    Disney + Lucasfilm + Marvel = Howard the Duck Reboot.


  5. Hiro Protagonist is offline
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar

    Has entered Barovia...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,436

    Posted On:
    10/31/2012 7:26pm

    supporting member
     

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...Don't I have a life, that I know these things?!

    Well, on a rainy autumn evening in the year 1993, my parents took me to the bookstore, and for the first time in his life, a cheeky eleven-year-old could pick the books he wanted without the parents gentle double-checking if the books were suited for his age.

    ...And there I picked The Sword of Shannara... And the Star Wars trilogy novelization.

    And that would change my life. :)
  6. Styygens is offline
    Styygens's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,171

    Posted On:
    10/31/2012 7:29pm


     Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    ...Don't I have a life, that I know these things?!

    Well, on a rainy autumn evening in the year 1993, my parents took me to the bookstore, and for the first time in his life, a cheeky eleven-year-old could pick the books he wanted without the parents gentle double-checking if the books were suited for his age.

    ...And there I picked The Sword of Shannara... And the Star Wars trilogy novelization.

    And that would change my life. :)
    I feel the same way about seeing Lea Thompson in Howard the Duck at about the same age in the 80's.
  7. Hiro Protagonist is offline
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar

    Has entered Barovia...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,436

    Posted On:
    10/31/2012 7:42pm

    supporting member
     

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I... I frankly do not know what that means, good Sir.

    I... I can't shake the feeling that this might be a good thing for me not to know, Sir.
  8. Styygens is offline
    Styygens's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,171

    Posted On:
    10/31/2012 8:32pm


     Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    I... I frankly do not know what that means, good Sir.

    I... I can't shake the feeling that this might be a good thing for me not to know, Sir.



  9. Hiro Protagonist is offline
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar

    Has entered Barovia...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,436

    Posted On:
    10/31/2012 8:38pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see... After my reads back then, I began to dream of chivalry.

    You began to dream of, uhmm, riding?



    I cannot fault you, Sir. Mayhaps, I even would have likewise appreciated similar experiences at that age.
  10. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    11/01/2012 7:08am

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Styygens Dreams of Riding"...now there's a title for a novel...
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.