--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Questionable MMA school WOODBRIDGE ON

I recently decided I want to learn MMA and I found a school pretty close to my house. I went on their website and I dont know if this place is legit or not. Something just doesnt seem right about this place. They offer a half off your payment if you refer a friend. Can someone examine this website and give me your opinion on this place?

The website is takedownmma dot ca

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Read the Thread rules, please. This does not belong in here.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.

Style
    TKD, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    I recently decided I want to learn MMA and I found a school pretty close to my house. I went on their website and I dont know if this place is legit or not. Something just doesnt seem right about this place. They offer a half off your payment if you refer a friend. Can someone examine this website and give me your opinion on this place?

The website is takedownmma dot ca
    The gym has two Wagenny Fabiano black belts running it, they've had guys doing well at high level comps like ADCC as far back as 2005.

Here is video of one of their instructors competing against Fabio Holanda back in 2008:

And against Alberto Crane in the 2005 ADCC:
    http://www.veoh.com/watch/v14233697c...vs+Rob+Dicenso

Looks like this gym is 100% legit, with 100% legit instructors teaching there.

Having a referral program is no indication of McDojoism either, schools need students to pay the bills to keep the doors open, offering their existing students a bonus for getting new people in the door is a good idea and a classy thing to do.

So unless you have some really specific personality conflicts with the people at that gym then it should be a great school for you.