232581 Bullies, 3871 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 61 to 70 of 234
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. BlazeLeeDragon is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    74

    Posted On:
    10/29/2012 5:34am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Like Water View Post
    Judo being better than Jiu-Jitsu is not the argument. The argument is what qualifies you to give an informed opinion. And what brought that argument up as I recall, is you giving a **** opinion. Because as it so happens, Japanese JiuJitsu is not on the same plane as Judo when it comes to self defense. The difference? Alive training.

    Search Alive Training on this site before you bother posting again.


    As I have knowledge OF Shaolin-Do, based on what I've read on the internet. So you're saying that though I've never practiced it, I do have enough knowledge of the art and its workings to advise people against taking it?

    By your definition of hard and soft techniques, it would seem that most martial arts contain both.

    By the dictionary's definition of "hard" judo leans more towards that. As in, "damn that judo is hard, the impact of my body against the mats is hard, and it sure makes you a hard ************ right quick."



    I call contradiction again. You can't give sound advice on a martial art you haven't done. Point in case? You recommending Japanese Jiu Jitsu over Judo earlier in this thread, because you think Judo is too ground-focused. Watch a judo competition and tell me that's sound advice, prick. With only 20 seconds to work on the ground, very little time is spent training there.


    I don't know what the **** passes for a "joint lock" in Shaolin Do, but putting someone in a joint lock give you the power to choose whether or not to break their arm. In competition, it would be considered rude to do so. On the streets, that's up to you.

    Idiot.
    that's fine... as to my definition look up soft art and hard art....better yet look up "is judo a soft art" online. go ahead argue with all of them.
  2. CrackFox is offline
    CrackFox's Avatar

    You have to work the look.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bat Country
    Posts
    3,077

    Posted On:
    10/29/2012 6:02am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeLeeDragon View Post
    that's fine... as to my definition look up soft art and hard art....better yet look up "is judo a soft art" online. go ahead argue with all of them.
    The problem is that you didn't just say "judo is a soft art" - you said "it's a soft art where as jiu jitsu in my opinion is more street worthy". Both judo and jujutsu can be classed as soft styles (the word ju istelf can be translated as soft). Given the context of your post you did not appear to be using the hard/soft definition you are now claiming. You appeared to be saying that judo was the wishy-washy sports style, while jujutsu was the tough street style.

    This would not generally be considered good advice for a beginner with no experience as you'll give them expectations that just won't fit with reality. In general judo classes are fairly tough and you will be expected to take knocks really early on in your training. Most (though not all) jujutsu places on the other are more sedate, where you spend your time learning wrist locks and kata.
  3. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,097

    Posted On:
    10/29/2012 6:55am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Definitions from the internet? No, that isn't back up.

    Merged:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118525

    We do not need two threads concerning your superior google internet knowledge.
  4. BlazeLeeDragon is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    74

    Posted On:
    10/29/2012 7:07am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Definitions from the internet? No, that isn't back up.

    Merged:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118525

    We do not need two threads concerning your superior google internet knowledge.
    I didnt start that thread but as you guys dont seem to know what your doing. The posts i made where split off to a second. As to the hard and soft do your own research dipshit. I referenced some web pages. But making your own definitions does change what a hard and soft style is. This entire forum is obviously a joke. You guys get this agressive whining bullshit. Pick off anything you dont like move threads around. Then leture someone for not having direct expirence and turn around and talk out your asses about something you have no clue about. I pitty anyone who stumbles on to this load of crqp forum. Where the only authority is because "you said so" enjoy playing with each other im history
  5. Scrapper is offline
    Scrapper's Avatar

    Fear and bullets.

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Dayville, Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    4,286

    Posted On:
    10/29/2012 7:07am

    staff
     Style: MMA

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's try this:

    Judo can be classified as a soft art based upon a general, mushy sort of badly translated philosophical semantics,sure. But that was not the context of your point. By that definition, the jujitsu you mentioned was just as "soft" and thus no distinction.

    Psuedo philosophical mumblings are not well regarded here, and without better context, your post came off as very uninformed about the really of judo. Which is that it is very hard on the body, and a very rough sport. When challenged, you seemed to really believe that we were supposed to respect your position, devoid of inherent merit as viewed by others. Not gonna fly. Your knowledge was incomplete, your conclusions were flawed, and we took you to task.

    Your profile shows that you are a shaolin do practitioner with no real experience in anything else, despite a laundry list of styles that you dabbled in as a youth. That makes you qualified to speak with authority on shaolin do. You can go ahead and talk about whatever you want, but expect flak when you pontificate from a position of relative ignorance.

    On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

    --Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.
  6. cualltaigh is offline
    cualltaigh's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cooltown, SEQ
    Posts
    1,364

    Posted On:
    10/29/2012 7:12am


     Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, an instructor from a criticised art gets slapped down and coincidentally a n00b from said art turns up defending it (poorly that is) the very same day with their very first post. Gee, that's never happened on this site before....
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.
  7. cualltaigh is offline
    cualltaigh's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cooltown, SEQ
    Posts
    1,364

    Posted On:
    10/29/2012 7:34am


     Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeLeeDragon View Post
    I appreciate it, I'm not too concerned if I was that mad I would just stop posting. I like the direct no bullshit stance I don't like the novels of "you don't know ****" blah blah blah, shut the **** up blah blah blah. instead of the well that's bs because and here is valid information.
    Right, so the guy who offers up opinions without any backing/valid facts thinks other people should stfu about his baseless opinions?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeLeeDragon View Post
    Honestly I see it all the time, there are threads on here where people are talking about how the whole art of shaolin-do is bullshit, yet have never taken a class so this would fall into there class stfu catagory. now the ones who have taken classes and didn't like it that's fine at least they are speaking from experience.
    Again, says the guy with no direct experience of what je is talking about who is crying about his shitty opinions being ridiculed.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeLeeDragon View Post
    I dont' see a problem though with someone with 18 years of experience in martial arts lets say in karate and boxing and seeing a post about "should I take shaolin-do or something else" and they said wing chun instead. based on the heresay from forums or something else. as my main point of the conversation was to do research and find a school.
    Just cause someone has spent 18 years doing payroll doesn't mean they have the first clue about doing consolidations, or variance analysis or hedge accounting, or calculating derivatives. Yet these are all finance roles.

    And did you just equate collating hearsay to doing actual research on a school?!
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.
  8. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,097

    Posted On:
    10/29/2012 7:40am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeLeeDragon View Post
    Honestly I see it all the time, there are threads on here where people are talking about how the whole art of shaolin-do is bullshit, yet have never taken a class so this would fall into there class stfu catagory. now the ones who have taken classes and didn't like it that's fine at least they are speaking from experience.
    Funny, in those same threads there are PEOPLE WHO HAVE practiced Shaolin-Do, but like most defenders you disregard their ruminations.

    I dont' see a problem though with someone with 18 years of experience in martial arts lets say in karate and boxing and seeing a post about "should I take shaolin-do or something else" and they said wing chun instead. based on the heresay from forums or something else. as my main point of the conversation was to do research and find a school.
    LOL@Hearsay.

    What happens is they critique the contact level, the lineage and the claims. You do not need to practice an art to claim shenanigans on those levels. When you say "X" technique can't work, then you DO need to try the art.
  9. slamdunc is online now
    slamdunc's Avatar

    Extraordinarily Ordinary

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,204

    Posted On:
    10/29/2012 7:50am

    supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Funny, in those same threads there are PEOPLE WHO HAVE practiced Shaolin-Do, but like most defenders you disregard their ruminations.
    He doesn't want any of their facts getting in the way of his flawed perception.
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    Right, so the guy who offers up opinions without any backing/valid facts thinks other people should stfu about his baseless opinions?
    Good point, isn't this the way these things usually start on Bullshido?
  10. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,234

    Posted On:
    10/29/2012 7:55am

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BlazeLeeDragon, there is basically only two options you can take here:

    1. Admit you are wrong and begin a path on a true martial arts journey, where you are humbled by martial artists of a higher calibre than yourself, or...

    2. Admit you are wrong but don't mean it, ragequit and continue deluding yourself into thinking you are humble because you keep kneeling in front of your Shaolin Do "masters".

    The first option will help you get better at martial arts, get better at critical thinking and maybe even get laid. The second option just means more cock gets stuffed down your throat.

    But you like your "master's special sauce", evident in your uneducated musings on other martial arts. Keep going, I'd like to see what else he forced down your throat.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.