Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/28/2012 9:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blaze, stfu and stop shitting up someone else's Newbietown thread...
    You have no idea what the **** you are talking about.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2012 10:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Go ahead and bash me...

this is a continuation of the conversation on http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118475

since it seems to be the mission of goodlun and like water to continually tell me I don't know ****...

feel free to read the thread. the issue is, a former martial artist got in a bad situation and wants to get back into martial arts and listed four styles hes considering taking. I posted advice to research around and try different schools. when I posted my opinion of the arts, one of which was Judo it really seems to have pissed off about 4 people on here...

I recommended jiu-jitsu over judo. As I personally felt jiu-jitsu was more street worthy.

the issue seems to be because I have NEVER taken a class on Judo or have direct experience. my knowledge of said art is limited to research videos and people I know who do judo.

this of course means I need to shut the **** up in at least 2 posts because I have no idea what I'm talking about...

so I'd be more then willing to continue the conversation where every word I typed is contradicting myself here. so as not to futher "Muddy" the last thread.

As I don't see how speaking of an opinion of an art I don't practiced is me not knowing what I'm talking about. Granted they may have been referring to just Judo but it seems implied period...

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/28/2012 10:46pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grow the **** up. If you are going to wax poetic, about **** you DO NOT KNOW, you need to accept the ridicule, STFU, lurk more and post less.

As I don't see how speaking of an opinion of an art I don't practiced is me not knowing what I'm talking about.
    No, the issue is people have a decade in an art, said you were wrong and your IDIOTIC response was "IT IS" saying that you were correct.

That's more than an opinion.

If you do not see the problem IS YOU, there are not enough posters on this board to help you understand.

Edit:

Oh and why the hell are you lying? That is an extremely sanitized version, that puts you in a positive light, of what actually occurred in that thread.

Edit #2:
    No, you don't get to accuse two people of treating you bad and hide in newbietown.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/28/2012 10:52pm at .

Posted On:
    10/28/2012 11:01pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    G'day BLD, welcome to Bullshido, seems you're having quite the introduction to the site?!

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeLeeDragon View Post
    I recommended jiu-jitsu over judo. As I personally felt jiu-jitsu was more street worthy.

the issue seems to be because I have NEVER taken a class on Judo or have direct experience. my knowledge of said art is limited to research videos and people I know who do judo.
    Quick tip for new players, personal opinions are not a protected species around here. Essentially, if you can't back-up what you're saying with some objective evidence or you are well qualified to speak on a topic (for instance, say at least a judo black belt to opine on judo) then it's probably best not to share said opinion.

Also, you are somewhat lucky in that you are/were posting in Newbietown where you are somewhat protected rather than in YMAS where you'll need a much thicker skin even if you're not being ridiculed. Whilst iy may seem a bit jarring at first, stick around long enough and you may come to love the in your face culture on here, as many of us do.

As I don't see how speaking of an opinion of an art I don't practiced is me not knowing what I'm talking about.
    Think of it like this, imagine if someone had started a Newbietown thread asking about whether to take one of four Chinese martial arts in their area, one of which is Shaolin-Do. How would you take it if I (having never taken a single Chinese Martial Art class in my life) started making a lot of noise that they should take wing chun instead of shaolin-do because I find it better for the str33tz?
    Last edited by cualltaigh; 10/28/2012 11:03pm at . Reason: All that effort to be nice for Ntown and now we're in YMAS!
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/28/2012 11:03pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This was moved before you posted.

Posted On:
    10/28/2012 11:09pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    This was moved before you posted.
    Yeah, but not before I hit the reply button. It takes some time and effort to bring this back to an Ntown level. Seems every time I try to be nice it backfires. Now I just wish I'd have waited so I could tell him stop crying and grow both a brain and a spine.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/28/2012 11:14pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blaze on this site quite unlike the rest of the world we really prefer the opinions of people who actually have experience in the fields for which they offer up advice.

It's really not an overly complex idea. You should mull it over.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/28/2012 11:35pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    Yeah, but not before I hit the reply button.
    Pedant mode engaged...

20:52, 28th Oct 2012

It is Fake 98.165.61.211
    Action: Thread moved to 'Your Martial Art Sucks: General Martial Arts and Comedy Forum'.
    You opened it when it was still in noobietown, I moved it before you hit reply.

Yes, we have a bunch of babies posting these last few weeks. So, I'm taking the pedantry out on everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dflanmod View Post
    Blaze on this site quite unlike the rest of the world we really prefer the opinions of people who actually have experience in the fields for which they offer up advice.

It's really not an overly complex idea. You should mull it over.
    No, it really isn't that. Many of us in McDojos, need help realizing we are dunderheads. The problem is HIS opinion is RIGHT with no experience.

That's the real problem.

Here is the culled thread:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118526

Judo: Personally I would do jiu jitsu over Judo. Judo though it can be effective it's a soft art where as jiu jitsu in my opinion is more street worthy. Judo in many schools has become a "sport"
    Fair enough I'll answer a few questions about my recommendations :)

I'm not saying American Kickboxing is watered down just that it has been push to more of a sport in many schools. Muay Thai I would say is a different system then kickboxing. Best way to know what I'm talking about is to look up a muay thai fight online and then watch an kickboxing fight. If you get some hard core Thai training there are conditioning with doing microfractures to the shins so they heal stronger for example. In American Kickboxing you can't use knees or elbows. It's just that Muay Thai is more brutal in my opinion and I would recommend it in a street fight over American Kickboxing. I am not saying Kickboxing is not bad ass nor that the fighters are not worth there salt. I'm just recommending to find a Muay Thai school.

Yes I'm referring to Japanese Jiu-jitsu, many of the techniques I've seen utilize throwing the oponent while maintaining a standing position or a higher position and isolating joints to causes breaks. Where as Judo you tend to be on the ground and is more grappling involved. I am not saying Judo is not affect or good, all I said was in my opinion i would go with Jiu-jitsu. just a preference.

I can agree here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    Blaze, your understanding of judo is tragically flawed. There is nothing soft about it.
    Oh? Explain how Judo is not a soft art?...because it is.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/28/2012 11:48pm at .

Posted On:
    10/28/2012 11:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ok, let's first make it clear that you are talking about Japanese Jujitsu, or commonly abbreviated around here as JJJ, rather than Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu or BJJ, yes?

The spelling you are using (jiu) is commonly associated with BJJ.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/28/2012 11:49pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I added more to make it clear where the thread took a left turn. Yes, he is referring to JJJ.
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast