Sponsored Links Spacer Image

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 10:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by faixabranca View Post
    I was kind of hoping this was an elaborate troll-job. I see that my choice to cling to the belief no one could be this stupid was rudely shattered.

Fucking hell, man, I'm kinda fat but this guy must be close to 30% or more of body-fat. He claims to be a martial artist but is in Comic Book Guy shape.
    His shape (which is far better than you're giving him credit for) is not the issue.

The issue is what happens when bullshit hits the fan (hint: every action has an equal and opposite reaction).

In this case, someone came to a martial arts forum and started claiming that everything should be called as it is in Shaolin Do....an organization shown in COURT of all places as largely fabricated from various bits and pieces of martial history, legend, and of course, hooey.

When faced with simple, accepted MA facts such as "nunchaku are from the island of Okinawa" and "nunchaku and an n-section staff are different weapons", the response was:

Ok, but WE call it something else
    Westboro Baptist Church calls dead soldiers "God-hating homo lovers"...but that doesn't make it true.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 10:12am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by faixabranca View Post
    I was kind of hoping this was an elaborate troll-job. I see that my choice to cling to the belief no one could be this stupid was rudely shattered.

Fucking hell, man, I'm kinda fat but this guy must be close to 30% or more of body-fat. He claims to be a martial artist but is in Comic Book Guy shape.
    That's why I searched his name. It reads like an elaborate trolljob. I sent a few of the links to some of the members to see if they saw anything different before they were posted. Nope.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    11/25/2012 7:06am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow. I actually subscribed to this dragon guy's youtube channel, for when I have the time to shoot coffee out of my nose.

oh, & here's some less than street effective judo. just one technique (never mind that it's one of my favorites): WAKI GATAME

"Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    11/26/2012 5:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's something from a little known guy by the name of Kyuzo Mifune.
    I can only assume that he knows a little more about Judo than Blaze...
    http://ejmas.com/jcs/jcsart_mifune_0900.htm

Judo and Its Masters

Judo is as good an exercise for physical training as boxing and wrestling. But in its original nature, Judo is a military art for self-defence. Besides flinging, pressing and throttling, therefore, which serves the end of physical training, it kicks, thrusts and knocks whenever the exigency of the situation requires for defence. Its contest with boxing or wrestling would thus do no sufficient justice to itself. For in such tournaments Judo tricks are generally confined to those intended for physical training only.

Judo comprises all principles governing the feats of not only boxing and wrestling, but fencing and even swimming, and as such must be regarded as one of the best sports looking towards physical training....

...What are particularly essential to success as a Judoist are good sleep and proper nourishment so far as physical conditions are concerned. But Judo is an art as much spiritual as physical. It trains not only physical but moral capacity and quality. The more the Judoists advance in their physical accomplishment, the more refined their personality becomes. This is because art and moral code are one and the same thing in that they are both natural and proper. By studying and mastering the former, therefore, one can attain to the latter. Judo and moral code are two links in one chain.

Outrages are forbidden by law. But it is not everybody who can abide by the national statute. There are not a few foolish men and ruffians who make nothing of violences. With proper Judo accomplishment, one can naturally keep presence of mind under any circumstances. Judo is one of the most practical means of mental culture.

Judo, a Philosophy

Judo is, in a sense, even something more than spiritual culture. It is a philosophy. Its trick is paradoxical as it is at once countless and single. When your contestant tries to catch you in his trick, you can counteract it with your counter-trick. Another new trick on his part must be met with another counter-feat on your part, and so forth, until the more resourceful wins. Viewed in this light, Judo tricks are unlimitedly various. And yet each trick available under each circumstance. Either of the contestants who is quicker to operate that one best trick in a given condition will win. This somewhat philosophical principle it is that governs the art of Judo.

That one best trick to be operated in one phase of the situation is a trick, after all, to perform the double art of escaping from your contestant's offensive stroke and of arresting his further act at the same time.

If Judo were an art based on physical strength, you could not always be sure of your Judo for self-defence. For even if you have a strong physical power, you would always be defeated when confronted by the stronger. But in reality, Judo is an art, armed with which you could never be defeated even by the stronger. For however strong your enemy or contestant may be, your Judo enables you to escape his attack, the moment it descends upon you, and as you escape, to arrest his further action.

Art of Self-Defence

With sufficient proficiency in Judo, therefore, you need never be afraid of your rival's strength or weapon be it club or revolver. Herein lies the infinite merit of Judo. Judo is an art, after all, that makes for your defence the best of the power and energies that are in both yourself and your contestant.

Judo is preeminently for self-defence. It is not what the real Judoist does to attack the enemy without or before being attacked. It is always shown Judo men who, oblivious or ignorant of the above fundamental principle of Judo, take the initiative against burglars as the latter break in, and more often than not get stabbed....
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

The Land Of Processed Meat And Internet Trolls

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 9:04am

Style: Karate, Boxing, BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOLOLOL.

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 10:13am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy cracks me up. Since he's far too egotistical and chicken **** to discuss things here (lord knows he might be proven wrong again and again, (again)), he's doing it with a select circle of internet pals (two) who can immediately validate his opinions and provide the warm and fuzzies he needs.

And no I don't mean Shaolin Do.

Here we have the first of Blaze's latest series of internet "hangout" videos on various topics, including Bullshido.

Que to 13:00. The topic is forum "Eliticism"(??). If you watch elsewhere you may have to listen to audio jitter, musings on Wicca, or worse.

Seriously, don't watch too much of this video...I could only take 2 minutes before I had to go start beating myself with a stick.

So the final story is....a passive aggressive elitist (eliticist?) comes to Bullshido for three days, argues with everyone, and leaves to start online rant sessions about how elitist (eliticist) and rude everyone is on the internet.

Deja vu all over again.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/28/2012 10:32am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 10:54am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He starts talking about bullshido at 14 mins in, He says something about learning from different sources but he wouldn't say what his sources were when he was arguing with people

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 11:39am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickosaurus View Post
    He starts talking about bullshido at 14 mins in, He says something about learning from different sources but he wouldn't say what his sources were when he was arguing with people
    The short version, for your pleasure sir.

1 - He has almost twenty years of MA experience and knows hundreds of forms, so we should listen to him.

2 - He prefers JJJ because Judo is "soft", but he has no experience in either.

3 - Everything with a stick attached to it is "nunchucks", because Shaolin Do and Freewebs.com says so. That includes ancient Chinese weapons with different names (in Chinese).

4 - He has no sense of humor, and takes the internet far too seriously.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 11:40am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well ****, if that includes videos, I have like 1000 years of experience.

His own shitty bio contradicts his years of experience.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 1:41pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    He has no sense of humor, and takes the internet far too seriously.
    He probably doesn't leave the house much,

Just read though the early pages of the thread, he has been shown techniques by people he knows. I.E watched on youtube and doesn't understand