Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 4:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    IIF does SD use any sorts of joint locking techniques at all? I am trying to figure out how someone can have 0 clue as to the relationship between joint locks like an arm bar and limb destruction.
    yes we use join locks and limb destructions (i'll answer you since you've actually posted some useful information and some of your questions seem genuine) my point of that part of the conversation was I was under the impression that you can't get away with destroying a limb during a tournament. I was wrong on what you said when Lake Water referred me to it.

There is different damage done from locking a joint and pushing it further then allow there momentum to do the break. for example if the person is larger and stronger and tries to muscle himself out of the lock. (I know, i know a proper lock size shouldn't matter).

this comment is in reference to Shaolin Do I'm not wanting to get back on to the judo topic...
    Last edited by BlazeLeeDragon; 10/29/2012 4:32pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 4:44pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeLeeDragon View Post
    Wow really guys? I pulled the conversation about Judo into it's own thread. I dropped the Judo thing all together. No responses, yet you continue. I wasn't trash talking Judo, calling it soft is not trash talking it. You guys said your peace I said mind I'm done with it.
    No, you continued.

fair enough I'll drop the judo thing.
    Very next post?
    that's fine... as to my definition look up soft art and hard art....better yet look up "is judo a soft art" online. go ahead argue with all of them.
    Not dropped, you wanted the last word and you didn't get your wish.

oh and a certain dumb ass it's nice to know the internet is such a poor source. might want to contact universities and tell them not to let there students sight online sources since they are so inaccurate.
    Uhmmm random webpages are now academic sources? How about you go back to that university and tell them to teach you the difference between academic sources, random "webpages," "Where," "there" and "bare."

Hint: Go read a syllabus.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/29/2012 4:58pm at .

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 5:08pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As I stated in PM my source is my school and instructors and hearing others use the term.
    So let me get this straight, your stated source is a known and proven liar (which you have even acknowledged) and you have the temerity to look down your nose indignantly at this forum when we laugh at your stupidity? Gotcha.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 5:30pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    So let me get this straight, your stated source is a known and proven liar (which you have even acknowledged) and you have the temerity to look down your nose indignantly at this forum when we laugh at your stupidity? Gotcha.
    Using words like temerity on Down Syndrome Ninja is counter productive.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 6:24pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    IIF does SD use any sorts of joint locking techniques at all?
    Yes, but remember it is like JJJ where everything is standing. Well, in most Mcdojo JJJ schools.

I am trying to figure out how someone can have 0 clue as to the relationship between joint locks like an arm bar and limb destruction.
    You know whats funny? Think about JJJ. Now, think how nearly everyone one of them, not including the JJJ schools that compete, can't separate standing from ground techniques.

Now, a constant refrain in these arts is that your standing leverage works the same on the ground. It does not in most cases. That's why most people cannot grasp the difference. That's how I KNOW he has zero time training any legit things on the ground. I had maybe two days total of BJJ crappling. Two days was enough to completely show me my ignorance about standing locks, joint destruction and other TMA ground myths.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 6:54pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dflanmod View Post
    Using words like temerity on Down Syndrome Ninja is counter productive.
    also: words like "soft art".

I am trying to figure out how someone can have 0 clue as to the relationship between joint locks like an arm bar and limb destruction.
    The only way this would make any sense is if he was an eskrimador, where limb destruction means something a little different.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 7:03pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nice try...Nunchaku is Okinawan genius
    Remind me, what country is Okinawa a prefecture of? Was it Switzerland, Canada, Uruguay? Oh yeah, JAPAN. While Okinawa was not always aligned with the Land of the Rising Sun and may retain some cultural idiosyncrasies, your implication that something must be either Japanese or Okinawan is like saying something must be American or Texan.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 8:43pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will consider paying for one month judo trial for the OP. Considering because showing for one or two classes is not value for the money.

No, I do not have a lot of extra cash, but spend little on entertainment for myself.

Blaze, you need a lesson on hard/soft that you can't get from a book or browser. You game?

I'm credible and details can be worked out via PM, but you gotta answer yes/no here. OK?

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 8:46pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PM incoming.

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 10:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yes, but remember it is like JJJ where everything is standing. Well, in most Mcdojo JJJ schools.

You know whats funny? Think about JJJ. Now, think how nearly everyone one of them, not including the JJJ schools that compete, can't separate standing from ground techniques.

Now, a constant refrain in these arts is that your standing leverage works the same on the ground. It does not in most cases. That's why most people cannot grasp the difference. That's how I KNOW he has zero time training any legit things on the ground. I had maybe two days total of BJJ crappling. Two days was enough to completely show me my ignorance about standing locks, joint destruction and other TMA ground myths.
    I think I get it, so this is why people confuse Judo/BJJ arm bars for pain complaint moves?
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast