228201 Bullies, 4696 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 2:11pm

supporting member
     Style: No Style

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie McGee View Post
    OK, this isn't related to the discussion topic, but it's starting to get on my tits. Does the word "troll" mean something different here than what it means on other parts of the Internet? I always understood that trolling meant to be disingenuous to incite a reaction. If this guy honestly buys his own bullshit, he's not a troll-- he's just stupid.
    There are as many types of troll as there are fish in the sea.

A lot of people troll without realizing it, because their inhibitions on their Internet are lower (much like when intoxicated) and they fear no reprisal, because 99% of internet sites have pathetic moderation.

Bullshido is in the 1%.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 2:18pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeLeeDragon View Post

here, judo throws, they fall to the ground on top of the opponent https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOV3qVIEFng

jiu-jitsu throws they stay standing in a lot of them http://youtu.be/TLztV4pHZKM

that and most of the jiu-jitsu guys I talk to that showed me some of there throws showed me how you do joint locks and breaks which are illegal in judo tournaments.

So again, I say it was only my opinion based on my personal experience as limited as it maybe with Judo and Jiu-jitsu
    Ironic that your examples of judo throws are in a MMA context, and your "superior" jiu jitsu throws are all judo based. Out of curiousity, do you regularly attend tournaments where breaking limbs is in the rule books? Do you think that boxers, as they train in a sport, never get to see "dirty boxing", techniques that would get them disqualified in a ring? Do you think maybe judoka might learn self defense techniques that they can't use in a tournament?

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 2:26pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin View Post
    Ironic that your examples of judo throws are in a MMA context, and your "superior" jiu jitsu throws are all judo based. Out of curiousity, do you regularly attend tournaments where breaking limbs is in the rule books? Do you think that boxers, as they train in a sport, never get to see "dirty boxing", techniques that would get them disqualified in a ring? Do you think maybe judoka might learn self defense techniques that they can't use in a tournament?
    That's what makes it hilarious. Watching enough videos shows you both standing and landing Judo throws.

That's why we call them trolls. I refuse to believe normal people are that stupid in the face of proof. I am not even talking about Shaolin-Do. You have a decade long practitioner of judo, along with other judokas, telling you "no you are wrong" and you keep arguing?

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 2:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    That's what makes it hilarious. Watching enough videos shows you both standing and landing Judo throws.

That's why we call them trolls. I refuse to believe normal people are that stupid in the face of proof. I am not even talking about Shaolin-Do. You have a decade long practitioner of judo, along with other judokas, telling you "no you are wrong" and you keep arguing?
    But he read it on the internet!! It has to be true, anyone want to bet that his "research" is probably reading a bunch of fucktarded youtube comments on stupid ****. I am willing to bet he has never been to something like judoinfo.com or kodokan.org. I also love the repeated appeal to his authority as someone who has been doing martial arts for 18 years! Yet he doesn't know what an armbar is and would get killed by the 13 year olds that do judo.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 2:46pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Naw, you didn't do Shaolin-Do. I wasn't as ignorant, but they feed you a line of BS about other arts. It is passed on like the chun bible of math theories of no fighting while learning how to fight.

His instructor is actually a really nice guy. Still, Shaolin-Do, unless they changed in the last 6 years, has a habit of belittling other arts. Not all schools, but if you read the threads you'll see the SAME **** parroted all over the country.

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 3:14pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IIF does SD use any sorts of joint locking techniques at all? I am trying to figure out how someone can have 0 clue as to the relationship between joint locks like an arm bar and limb destruction.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 3:29pm

Style: Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is a perfect depiction of my love/hate relationship with Bullshido. On one hand, it's serving its purpose dispelling common martial arts misconceptions and educating the internet on what real martial art is.

I just wish it could be done without the immaturity of two disrespectful 7-year-olds fighting over their favorite toy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 3:54pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinKiK View Post
    This thread is a perfect depiction of my love/hate relationship with Bullshido. On one hand, it's serving its purpose dispelling common martial arts misconceptions and educating the internet on what real martial art is.

I just wish it could be done without the immaturity of two disrespectful 7-year-olds fighting over their favorite toy.
    When you're dealing with a seven year old and all else fails, sometimes you have to resort to spanking, as seen here.

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 4:00pm

supporting member
     Style: No Style

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I am trying to figure out how someone can have 0 clue as to the relationship between joint locks like an arm bar and limb destruction.
    Easy.

Everyone starts with zero clues. Then they begin to gather information from the wellspring of knowledge.

If the well is pure, the information gathered becomes clues to deeper insight.

If the well is poisoned, the information takes someone further and further away from the truth.

And the truth is that he just has no clue about anything, so naturally he has an opinion on everything.

The only solution is to empty the fucking cup and start fresh. Almost everyone here knows it...but one of us is more special than the rest.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 4:22pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow really guys? I pulled the conversation about Judo into it's own thread. I dropped the Judo thing all together. No responses, yet you continue. I wasn't trash talking Judo, calling it soft is not trash talking it. You guys said your peace I said mind I'm done with it. I even tried taken the unrelated two section staff offline to PMs. However it seems W. Rabbit feels the need to pull that into this thread. Well if you want to do that W. Rabbit fine...

Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit
    You are trolling Bullshido. You should stop.
    You mean like going to my profile to complain about what my school calls Nunchaku? and then posting PMs when I'm trying to avoid further disturbing the forums?

YOU need to cite reputable sources, since you are making absurd claims.

You have yet to post anything at all suggesting the nunchaku and two sectional staff have anything to do with each other.
    As I stated in PM my source is my school and instructors and hearing others use the term. That's is not a source you can verify, so I sent you some web pages giving you examples. not as my primary source of information.
    from my schools list of material:
    Name Two Section Staff Techniques
    Chinese Er Chie Kuen
    Rank Blue
    Description: The student will learn a series of basic spins and attacks with the two section staff or Nunchaku as they are typically refered to in America.

that is what they call it get over it. it's not your style, it doesn't have to meet your approval or the 5 books you are supposed to have you refuse to share the titles of...

They call it nunchaku, because it's a Japanese weapon with a Japanese name.
    nice try...Nunchaku is Okinawan genius

The chang xiao ban is not nunchaku. The nunchaku is not a two section staff.
    You want to get technical about it, the Chang Xiao Ban is not a two section staff either. as "two section staff" is American, not to mention the Chang Xiao Ban is also referred to as a Flail by Americans as well. My school calls nunchaku a Two section staff. the nanchaku are two sticks with a string or chain. if you look at a three section staff its about the same but longer with another section. so it makes sense. it's sound better to me then nunchucks, and I put it with the name next to the japanese name in () for this very reason not everyone calls it that. shaolin do, is not the only one that refers to them as two section staff.

This is why you should stop. If you knew anything about Shaolin at all, you'd realize that.
    as to your comment about know about Shaolin, I don't see what that has to do with your comments on the two section staff. As I am referring to what my school calls it not what the Shaolin monks called it. Did you also know that not all the monks trained in the same systems? that there where different styles with in Shaolin and different masters of said system? So not everyone who went to Shaolin to train would have used chang xiao ban.

sorry I took your thunder and posted my comment to you instead of PM giving you more time to try and troll me. looks like you'll have to do something else for attention.

Now that I've said my peace on this as well I'll go back to not posting on this thread and like I said be history here. because it's an unproductive waste of my time.

for self proclaimed experts you do little to help someone with supposed wrong data. nor do you sight references for me to continue research. oh and a certain dumb ass it's nice to know the internet is such a poor source. might want to contact universities and tell them not to let there students sight online sources since they are so inaccurate.
    Last edited by BlazeLeeDragon; 10/29/2012 4:29pm at .
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast