9 19.57%
  • Republican - Mitt Romney

6 13.04%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 12:11pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have to admit I'm kind of surprised at the disparity between Obama and Romney supporters. I know the Internet still tends to lean left a bit given its roots in being a university system, but military and law enforcement, of which we have a ton here, tends to lean right.

Oh well, I voted my conscience and threw it away for the only guy in the race without an arm up his ass working him like a puppet.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 12:30pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    military and law enforcement, of which we have a ton here, tends to lean right.
    Even they will vote for the Democrat, if the Republican is a rich war hawk who's never served.

Or worse, used religion to avoid service and became a pro-war activist. Romney was that nicely dressed campus dickhead who had no problem sending young men to die, as long as he didn't have to go and could live comfortably, probably screwing Parisian whores daily, for all we know.

There is John McCain right, and there is Romney right.

The right is very splintered these day.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/29/2012 12:34pm at .

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 1:39pm

staff
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Have to admit I'm kind of surprised at the disparity between Obama and Romney supporters. I know the Internet still tends to lean left a bit given its roots in being a university system, but military and law enforcement, of which we have a ton here, tends to lean right.

Oh well, I voted my conscience and threw it away for the only guy in the race without an arm up his ass working him like a puppet.
    I see a lot of military and leo's starting to shift toward wanting to support more classic republicans, otherwise known as libertarians.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 1:51pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Even they will vote for the Democrat, if the Republican is a rich war hawk who's never served.

Or worse, used religion to avoid service and became a pro-war activist. Romney was that nicely dressed campus dickhead who had no problem sending young men to die, as long as he didn't have to go and could live comfortably, probably screwing Parisian whores daily, for all we know.

There is John McCain right, and there is Romney right.

The right is very splintered these day.
    As much as I respected the sacrifice he made for his country, I couldn't vote for John McCain. I am fairly conservative, and the only thing he had going for him was his status as a veteran/hero/POW. If he truly had been the 'Maverick' he claimed to be, he would have won the election and the nation may have been in a different shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I see a lot of military and leo's starting to shift toward wanting to support more classic republicans, otherwise known as libertarians.
    I would be in that boat if the Libertarian Party had a viable candidate. Until there are real (not just the superficial) reforms in campaign fundraising laws, the Libertarians will be a not-so-close, third, fourth or fifth party.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 1:58pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    As much as I respected the sacrifice he made for his country, I couldn't vote for John McCain. I am fairly conservative, and the only thing he had going for him was his status as a veteran/hero/POW. If he truly had been the 'Maverick' he claimed to be, he would have won the election and the nation may have been in a different shape.
    I would be in that boat if the Libertarian Party had a viable candidate. Until there are real (not just the superficial) reforms in campaign fundraising laws, the Libertarians will be a not-so-close, third, fourth or fifth party.
    That's exactly what I see. I would say when I ask 90% of the self-proclaimed republicans what their stances are on major issues they align most closely with the modern Libertarian party. However, to a lot of people there is still a stigma attached to that party because of a belief that many in it are 'crazy'. Myself, I'm probably about as far left as anyone you'll find on this board, if not more. I'd sooner vote for a libertarian than anyone who lines up with with what the modern republican party has become. I think, in general, the Libertarians seem a lot more sane to me than most republicans.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 2:04pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    If he truly had been the 'Maverick' he claimed to be, he would have
    won the election and the nation may have been in a different shape.
    McCain would have made a fine president, but he submitted to the GOP party machine (again) and was handed Sarah Palin as a running mate, dooming his candidacy.

The GOP would not make that mistake twice....they still went with a "fresh face" for VP this time, but at least Ryan can talk his way out of a debate without checking his crib notes.

And notice the Tea Party....or lack thereof this election season. Where the **** did they go?

They've all but vanished as a political voice in 2012, probably because they were an astroturf campaign to begin with.

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 2:10pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd vote Green...for the kids

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 2:54pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Ross Carl "Rocky" Anderson via write in as he is a recognized write in candidate for my state.
    Did you see this:
    http://www.kpbs.org/news/2012/oct/23...allot-mistake/

After Donna Frye won as a write-in candidate but there was concerns that people didn't write in in just right, San Diego decided "**** write in candidates".

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 3:25pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I'd sooner vote for a libertarian than anyone who lines up with with what the modern republican party has become. I think, in general, the Libertarians seem a lot more sane to me than most republicans.
    I'd have to agree with that, and as I stated, I would probably vote that way if it wasn't going to be a wasted ballot.
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    McCain would have made a fine president, but he submitted to the GOP party machine (again) and was handed Sarah Palin as a running mate, dooming his candidacy.
    It is a machine, and if you don't submit, you're out of the game. I liked Sara Palin for two very diverse reasons. 1. She was / is pro Second Amendment, and 2. She's hot. Other than that, I wouldn't vote for her to be the mayor of Wasilla.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 4:10pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast