Sponsored Links Spacer Image

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    10/28/2012 10:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i guess i miss the 60kg class, but i can see why it could be a positive thing, especially at the college level.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 2:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I can certainly appreciate how a comp format which means you can't enter, might not be your most favourite thing.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 6:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'll have you know that i'm 66kg. and now that i am lifting weights i may have to go up to 73kg.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    11/30/2012 1:39pm

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Tokyo grand slam was streaming for free as well on ippon.tv
    Check out my blog!:

http://jadonbjj.blogspot.com/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 12:52am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Reed is no.2 in the UK, behind Euan Burton, so yeh absolutely he falls into a lower tier of elite. Not sure where Qwertyuiopishvili comes to be honest. Hard to keep track of the Georgians with all their funny names.

The matside camaraderie bit of it is really key and what makes it a great format. During the early rounds the teams were pretty much matside, not sure if that continued later on I didn't catch all of it.

I know I'll never forget fighting the final match, in the team final at Sheffield with 200 odd people lining the mat edge, closest we Judo plebs are ever going to come to Judo stardom.

Also it's great for binding your club together as a team rather than a bunch of guys and girls who just train together. At University there were team competitions that were uni-sex with girls filling the bottom two weight classes and men the top three. Really good format for that demographic, maybe not so much for your ordinary adult clubs, but wouldn't be a bad thing for improving female participation and making them feel part of the club.
    The team tournamment in Miami the at grand masters was a great event, we had a absolute ball. The IJF is talking about elimnating it, too expensive.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12