225332 Bullies, 4062 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 7:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jedtex88 View Post
    Also for the op if you use the lubricated black powder revolver wads you don't have to grease the cylinder to prevent chain firing. It's not authentic, but it's a lot more convenient.
    Yeah, I've used the Wonder Wads. I like them too.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 8:01am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    I have a huge respect for blackpowder weapons whether or not the gun control crowd is really aware of them. Have you seen the size of a musket ball? Can you imagine one of those things going through your chest at low velocity? Also, old school muskets with bayonets are pretty badass melee weapons.

It all just goes back to how the gun control crowd is ignorant and pretty much driven by sensationalism, instead of any real understanding of trauma, wounding, and the capabilities of archaic weapon systems.
    Very true. I have a persistent nagging desire to keep one of these fuckers loaded up in the console of my truck just for the hell of it. Could you imagine the look on the faces of the cops arriving on the scene after someone smoked a carjacker with one of those things?

The best part is the cops could get in on the fun because they'd have to take it out and shoot it to empty it before they could take it into evidence. Ha ha.
    Last edited by Devil; 10/29/2012 8:04am at .

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 8:04am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Could you imagine the look on the faces of the cops arriving on the scene after someone smoked a carjacker with one of those things? Ha ha.
    I couldn't begin to figure out the nomenclature for a report; betting there's not a block that covers that firearm.

I would merely congratulate you on bagging a ****-head.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    10/30/2012 11:42am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    I couldn't begin to figure out the nomenclature for a report; betting there's not a block that covers that firearm.

I would merely congratulate you on bagging a ****-head.
    http://youtu.be/iGmUsJvRv7U
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    10/31/2012 6:10am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As for removable cylinders during the Civil War - they had them. Especially later in the war. They could switch out the cylinders similar to a magazine change and they would carry a bag of them. This wasn't possible on the 1860 Army because you have to break the gun down to remove the cylinder. But they were able to do it with some other models.
    Great info. Thanks.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/31/2012 6:20am

Style: Jhoon Rhee Tae-Kwon-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very true. I have a persistent nagging desire to keep one of these fuckers loaded up in the console of my truck just for the hell of it. Could you imagine the look on the faces of the cops arriving on the scene after someone smoked a carjacker with one of those things?

The best part is the cops could get in on the fun because they'd have to take it out and shoot it to empty it before they could take it into evidence. Ha ha.
    If you want to leave it loaded I'd recommend storing it in a Humidor. Lest the powder should flatten and become useless.

Posted On:
    10/31/2012 7:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to leave it loaded I'd recommend storing it in a Humidor. Lest the powder should flatten and become useless.
    Well, I was kidding about that. It wouldn't make much sense to replace a Glock with that thing.

Out of curiosity though, do you know how long the powder charge would be good for? I really don't know the answer to that. I do live in a rather humid area but not the beach or anything.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2012 1:11am

Style: Jhoon Rhee Tae-Kwon-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no idea if there is an official time table floating around. It isn't unheard of for a black powder firearm that has been loaded for decades to fire after it's primed. Then again it isn't unheard of for one to misfire after a couple of days. It all depends on if the charge has been properly sealed and how constant the temperature is.

Posted On:
    11/02/2012 8:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no idea if there is an official time table floating around. It isn't unheard of for a black powder firearm that has been loaded for decades to fire after it's primed. Then again it isn't unheard of for one to misfire after a couple of days. It all depends on if the charge has been properly sealed and how constant the temperature is.
    Yeah, makes sense.

Posted On:
    11/02/2012 1:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I was kidding about that. It wouldn't make much sense to replace a Glock with that thing.

Out of curiosity though, do you know how long the powder charge would be good for? I really don't know the answer to that. I do live in a rather humid area but not the beach or anything.
    IIRC back in the day loads would go bad at random depending on weather conditions. It was one of the major reliability flaws of this type of action.

Wild Bill Hickock had a good way of getting around it. He'd empty his guns with morning target practice and reload fresh charges every day so his powder never sat around long enough to go dud.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast