226269 Bullies, 4276 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 27 of 27
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    11/01/2012 12:58pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    This seems like a good place to ask this?
    What are the chief differences between the National Guard and the Army reserves.
    A side from the National Guard being called up for state emergencies and being eligible for state and federal money for college.
    I also read something about National Guard being eligible for combat MOS where as the reserve isn't any truth to that?
    You're a brat and you don't know this ****?

    God, you fail at being a brat.

    Oh what, nevermind, you were a Navy Brat.
  2. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    11/01/2012 12:59pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Marines don't have time to shoot hipsters with a fire hose, even though they'd give a year's salary for the opportunity.
    ****, so would I.
  3. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    5,189

    Posted On:
    11/01/2012 1:19pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    You're a brat and you don't know this ****?

    God, you fail at being a brat.

    Oh what, nevermind, you were a Navy Brat.
    To make the matters even worse my brother graduated from
    Wentworth Military Academy & College
    http://wma.edu/College/index.php
    Although that was many years ago to put it into context he was in Honduras during that little Iran Contra thing.

  4. samsun is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    41

    Posted On:
    11/01/2012 1:43pm


     Style: Kyokushin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    That is a good question. I am going to say that the new Guard ad is worse. For this reason at least the old Marine ad was pretty freaking cool looking and entertaining. This new Guard Ad is kind of lame and probably is not targeting the right demographic.
    Personally I think when it comes to military recruitment, warm bodies are the only demographic. Seeing as cagefighting is pretty big now a days with the older teens and young adults (the preferred recruitment age) it's only natural that they go in that direction.
    Last edited by samsun; 11/01/2012 1:46pm at . Reason: Had a little more to say
  5. Phrost is offline
    Phrost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,115

    Posted On:
    11/02/2012 3:38pm

    Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by samsun View Post
    Personally I think when it comes to military recruitment, warm bodies are the only demographic. Seeing as cagefighting is pretty big now a days with the older teens and young adults (the preferred recruitment age) it's only natural that they go in that direction.
    That's not true. It's fairly difficult to get into the military these days, and that goes for all branches.

    You need at least a 31 on the ASVAB, higher if you want a good job. You cannot have anything in your background more serious than a few speeding tickets. You can't have any tattoos showing in certain spots on your body. You can't have ADHD, Asthma, some common allergies, and for a lot of the jobs you need to have good credit.

    We stopped taking warm bodies several years ago.
  6. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    5,189

    Posted On:
    11/02/2012 8:04pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    That's not true. It's fairly difficult to get into the military these days, and that goes for all branches.

    You need at least a 31 on the ASVAB, higher if you want a good job. You cannot have anything in your background more serious than a few speeding tickets. You can't have any tattoos showing in certain spots on your body. You can't have ADHD, Asthma, some common allergies, and for a lot of the jobs you need to have good credit.

    We stopped taking warm bodies several years ago.
    This is all very true, so the question is, is this particular ad reaching out to the people that they are looking for?
  7. Phrost is offline
    Phrost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,115

    Posted On:
    11/03/2012 12:37pm

    Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    This is all very true, so the question is, is this particular ad reaching out to the people that they are looking for?
    Haven't seen it yet, on a mobile connection. Here's the thing, people who do MMA are much more likely to be in shape than the average, off-the-couch, 18 year old. It's a real challenge finding kids who are in shape enough to pass initial entry standards for weight, and who can pass a PT assessment before shipping out to Basic.

    I've served as an Instructor for the Guard's pre-basic training program, getting new recruits ready for Basic. Our recruiters generally put in good people, but I'm amazed that there are males who can't do a mile in under 8:30.

    Someone coming from a high school wrestling background, or even a BJJ class, is more likely to fit the profile we're looking for than someone who's interested in the Guard because of Call of Duty.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.