Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 2:21am

Style: judo, boxing -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I'll bet you'll find more goth girls into a trenchcoat wearing sword-wielding ninja wannabe than any other subculture. Plus the goth and weeaboo venne diagrams definitely have an overlapping field. Just check any Hot Topic or poke around a ninja forum until you find goth and metalhead names like TyrNinja or Shadowpoet.
    Every (sub)culture has its procentage of stupid and INSANE. It does not define an entire population. It's just like saying that all Americans are fat, ugly, stupid and want to bomb Australia. If a guy calls himself ninja on the forum, It doesn't usually mean he thinks he really is. Or so I hope... There's a bunch of b33tches on the fb, that call themselves Bella. It's a trend. Goths tend to be dark and shadowy, so they connect with a trademark that represents. Some young girls are confused, idealistic, a bit horny, sometimes nihilistic and they connect with Bella - I hope they don't believe they are.

I'm not a goth, I mostly hang with metalheads, because they're such a nice and relaxed crowd (at least here), but I do wear a trenchcoat and am proud.
    Last edited by Stickybomb; 10/26/2012 2:34am at .

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 3:05am

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    During my college days, I once had the pleasure of wearing a gestapo-style leather trenchcoat, with a live bladed katana (strapped to my back in a hockey bag) on a public bus.

It was after collecting it from someone's house after losing it in town a few days previously while drunk.

It terrifies me now to think of the trouble I could have got into over that, but it's a good memory for two reasons...

Firstly, I looked and felt fucking awesome (Also had really long hair at the time, and as it was evening, it wasn't too obviously ginger).

Secondly, when handing the bag over the counter at Laserquest, the guy joked "what's in there, a sword ha ha ha?".
    I had the moment of drawing it out and saying "yes".

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 4:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I put on a trenchcoat I don't go into ninja or gestapo mode, I go full Neo! I just need to work a bit more on missing the ground when I take off.
    Neo laughs at your puny katanas.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 5:31am

Style: Tkd,mauythai,bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    Every (sub)culture has its procentage of stupid and INSANE. It does not define an entire population. It's just like saying that all Americans are fat, ugly, stupid and want to bomb Australia. If a guy calls himself ninja on the forum, It doesn't usually mean he thinks he really is. Or so I hope... There's a bunch of b33tches on the fb, that call themselves Bella. It's a trend. Goths tend to be dark and shadowy, so they connect with a trademark that represents. Some young girls are confused, idealistic, a bit horny, sometimes nihilistic and they connect with Bella - I hope they don't believe they are.

I'm not a goth, I mostly hang with metalheads, because they're such a nice and relaxed crowd (at least here), but I do wear a trenchcoat and am proud.
    stfunoob. I AM A NINJA!

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 9:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
    Lol..

Too easy
    ::insert mom joke here::

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 10:07am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackjack View Post
    stfunoob. I AM A NINJA!
    No, you're not.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 10:19am

Style: Tkd,mauythai,bjj,boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    No, you're not.
    Of course I am:

What gives you the right to say otherwise? Are you clan ninja leader? Is this guy on the metro your pupil?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 11:38am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    Every (sub)culture has its procentage of stupid and INSANE. It does not define an entire population. It's just like saying that all Americans are fat, ugly, stupid and want to bomb Australia.
    Then its a good thing I never defined an entire population, huh?

If a guy calls himself ninja on the forum, It doesn't usually mean he thinks he really is. Or so I hope...
    Ever checked out a ninjutsu forum? Some of them take being a ninja more seriously than I take anything.

There's a bunch of b33tches on the fb, that call themselves Bella. It's a trend. Goths tend to be dark and shadowy, so they connect with a trademark that represents.
    Yeah, nothing says dark and shadowy like the latest trending trademark. Hey wait, are you generalizing about an entire subculture?!?

Some young girls are confused, idealistic, a bit horny, sometimes nihilistic and they connect with Bella - I hope they don't believe they are.
    They can be whatever you want- its your fanfic.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 11:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see this is a start of a wonderful friendship mate :-)

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 11:52am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorami View Post
    ... losing it in town a few days previously while drunk.

This is the story I want to hear
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast