Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    10/24/2012 11:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

DREAM promotion is still alive. Apparently.

DREAM to hold New Year's Eve show:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/10/2...years-eve-show

Contrary to previous reports, DREAM isn't dead just yet.

The Japanese promotion has scheduled a press conference for Thursday to announce a traditional New Year's Eve show later this year. This would mark DREAM's first event since New Year's 2011.

Earlier this year, several news outlets reported that DREAM ceased operations effective immediately, however, the four-year-old promotion is apparently still alive.

Scheduled to appear at the press conference are Japanese fighters Hiroyuki Takaya, Tatsuya Kawajiri and Satoru Kitaoka, who are expected to compete on the Dec. 31 card.

By putting on this event, DREAM will also secure its priority right to book the Saitama Super Arena for NYE 2013, according to veteran MMA manager Shu Hirata.

Thursday's press conference, which will be open to the public, will be streamed live online here at 5:00 a.m. ET.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2012 10:30am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool! I always enjoyed their New years fights. I also like the format better than the UFC. Hopefully there will be more fights to come.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    10/25/2012 8:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would love for Aoki to fight on that card as well, if his new OneFC contract permits him.

You can be sure I am very excited about this, being a fan of Japanese martial arts competitions first, and of the UFC only second. - No disrespect, or whatever, but I grew up with krotty tournaments, Rings, and K-1 on TV. Watching the UFC for me still feels like watching another country's soccer league: It's still the same sport, but your connection to things is way more detached. Wasn't before UFC Japan last spring that I realized how much I had missed, well, everything about it.

(Yeah, I watched RINGS long before I knew what MMA actually was. Go figure...)

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2012 9:52pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope they still have their tv deal with Axs Tv formally HDnet. I hope to watch as much as I can before passing out on New Years.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 2:54pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I started out on Japanese martial arts prior to UFC. Yeah, when you could soccer kick dudes in the face. Back then I thought UFC was just a tournament that was local. There were a few others I watched back then but I don't remember the names. One was from Brazil where there were a bunch of Russian guys fighting. I only really watched UFC because I thought Tank Abbot was cool.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.