223962 Bullies, 4051 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 9:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackjack View Post
    I think your steering away from the OP, I asked for price range, what they're going for because they have to actually 'like' what they drive. Hah you really don't know about cars man. It's maintenance, an economics. If you think changing the oil over that amount of mileage will only do justice you are dead fucking wrong. That shows how much you know, how many cars/trucks/SUVs have you owned?
    I don't just drive a 330i 'genius' I own a fx35 for utility. Calling someone a yuppie because of their car makes you an all around jackass. You've made two judgemental responses. Fucking perfect.

Let me remember to go to you for my carfax on my next purchase. I'm sure it will be equipped with spinners next time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BMW.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	13878

I'm not steering away from anything, Skippy. I'm educating you on the lifespan of modern vehicles. One day when you're a big boy you'll be able to speak from experience like me instead of repeating what you heard your Daddy and his friends talking about in between crushing beer cans on their foreheads.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 10:00am

Style: Tkd,mauythai,bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Most modern cars are indeed very reliable. If you are not a car guy, just want an appliance that gets you from A to B reliably and relatively cheaply, buy a small Toyota (Yaris or Corolla or whatever the equivalent names are where you live), they will run forever. The Yaris has the advantage of using a timing chain that should last the life of the car whereas many cars (particularly Japanese ones) have timing belts that need to be changed (expensively) every 100,000 km. If buying used, be aware of that fact - lots of people will try to dump their car before paying for that job and lie about it.
    I agree on the corolla, but my statement is in consideration that a lot people buy used vehicles on the fact that if you buy them new you lose 15% of the car value once driven off the lot.
    Last edited by Smackjack; 10/23/2012 10:08am at .

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 10:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree on the carolina, but my statement is in consideration that a lot people buy used vehicles on the fact that if you buy them new you lose 15% of the car value once driven off the lot.
    Ah yes. The Toyota Carolina. Car and Driver's top sedan of 2012.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 10:07am

Style: Tkd,mauythai,bjj,boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post

I'm not steering away from anything, Skippy. I'm educating you on the lifespan of modern vehicles. One day when you're a big boy you'll be able to speak from experience like me instead of repeating what you heard your Daddy and his friends talking about in between crushing beer cans on their foreheads.
    I smell your personal hating prejudices and raise you a Michael phelps.

It's evident that you still miss the point in respects that if I own a car for pleasure and if it has a sappy reputation for breaking down at a low mileage but I own it and works great at high mileage that I actually have some sort of fucking idea.
    No need to educate, I didn't ask for a hooked on phonics lesson about vehicles.
    It's not like I didn't buy my vehicles without this in mind.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 10:07am

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It all matters on how well you take care of the vehicle
    But you said

Most today break down around 70k.
    Now it's 100k-120k? This is called moving goalposts.

Pretty soon it will be 150k-200k under certain conditions (e.g. good maintenance) to uphold your garbage arguments.

The truth is you don't know anything about cars, car repair, or statistics about car repairs and should shut the **** up.

Or else you'd have actually posted a source.

Do you own a 12k Toyota?
    I owned one once upon a time. I put 200k miles on it without major repair that wasn't accident related.

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 10:12am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interestingly, my sister does drive a $12K Toyota. She was at my house this weekend. She takes care of cars like Casey Anthony takes care of children.

She was sitting at 164K miles with no major repairs. I was nice enough to check her oil since I know she doesn't. Her last oil change was about 7K miles ago. She was a quart and a half low. The Toyota gave not one ****.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 10:21am

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a Toyota engine in my lawn mower.

I named it "Musashi".

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 10:32am

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    The Toyota gave not one ****.
    Good buddy of mine is a Toyota master mechanic. They routinely deal with Echos, Yarises and Corollas with 300,000 km and more. You do have to change the timing belts on the Corollas but other than that they just run and run.

We have a Toyota Sienna mini-van and other than doing maintenance we haven't spent a nickel on it over the last 6 years and 180,000 or so km.

Even though VW has a bad rep for reliability, my R32 hasn't needed a thing other than a couple of recalls over the last 4 years.

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 10:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Good buddy of mine is a Toyota master mechanic. They routinely deal with Echos, Yarises and Corollas with 300,000 km and more. You do have to change the timing belts on the Corollas but other than that they just run and run.

We have a Toyota Sienna mini-van and other than doing maintenance we haven't spent a nickel on it over the last 6 years and 180,000 or so km.

Even though VW has a bad rep for reliability, my R32 hasn't needed a thing other than a couple of recalls over the last 4 years.
    So, let me get this right....None of these vehicles **** the bed at 70,000 miles? Whodathunkit?

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 11:15am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rafe, get a diesel that you can run on used chip oil (French fries for you septics)

I have a Renault Kangoo. Fold back the seats and I can fit all my tools (including cement mixer). Put them back up and i can take the kids to school. Versatile

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	renault-kangoo-2006-red-hatchback-1-6-expression-16v-automatic-9fab212b471215b6c2b15527119107e4-.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	13879
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
    ― George R.R. Martin
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast