Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/22/2012 10:05pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Anyone on Reddit see this Nickbow dude?

He was brought to my attention by a couple of friends from the gym, they weren't sure if he is trolling, or deluded, or for real.

http://www.reddit.com/user/nickbow/

A few gems:

One person says he has started training after two and a half years-
    Be sure to take it easy. Drill drill drill! Little to no sparring will be best for now
    Or when told of a person who broke his neck doing BJJ-

This is awful and it breaks my heart to hear this. Dozens of kids die each year in Japanese high schools from Judo as well. Yet another reason why competition and sparring is counter-productive to martial arts, how can you defend yourself while you are injured or worse from training?
    ...which ties in with his assertion on an even earlier thread that BJJ free rolls too much and that the only way to get really good at something is to drill the technique.

His bullshit amuses me-
    "As a professor"....
    Shut the **** up idiot. I have a doctorate and I would never be so arrogent as to say "as a professor".
    Bold is mine.

Claims he is a 6th degree BBT black belt. That I might believe, the bullshido is strong with this one. Also claims he trains BJJ and condescendingly refers to anything below black:

Seriously guys, this is white belt bullshit. The only rank up that deserves its own post is receipt of a black belt. White belts shouldn't wear coloured dougis by the way... disrespectful (as an Asian you should be aware of that even more)
    Some of his stuff seems to be legit, but then again, you are bound to find an undigested corn kernel in **** every so often-

I personally don't enjoy any kind of exercise where I am not improving a skill. I want to improve my BJJ strength? Do BJJ. Get stronger and learn while you are at it. I imagine you are frustrated by your lack of technique and think getting stronger is the way to go. Sorry but "Strength of heart is equal to the a shadow of a lion, while strength of body is only equal to one's own shadow" -Soke Masaaki Hatsumi
    Oh yeah, he quotes the **** out of Hatsumi, too.

He's apparently a ladies man-
    I was falsely accused of rape on more than one occasion, but only once did it ever go to the police. Luckily, I secretly recorded her giving me an enthusiastic blowjob and swallowing it all happily the morning after. She denied doing such but when the video was shown she broke down and admitted faking the charge cause I never called her back.

So I do admit I was a bit at fault for being a jerk to her, but still, men are by far more often the victims due to the lying nature and vindictiveness of women.
    A true drinker of the Koolaid-
    Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu.

No other martial art has such a rich historical background combined with REAL, deadly and easy to master yet hard to learn techniques. In addition you learn all the weapons that the real ninja used alongside spy and stealth techniques. It's saved my life and those around me numerous times from "tough guy" mma fighters types and guidos (one in the same oftentimes).
    But he seems to actually take some advice when it comes to BJJ instructionals.

I'm not coming to any conclusions, except that I think dude is a fucking douchebag. I'm just wondering if this guy is on our radar, if he posts here, or even if he just lurks here. If not, then I think it might be time he came and let us all know what he thinks in relation to martial arts and other topics.

I am not on reddit, so if any of you are, let him know I'm laughing at him and his posts. Reading. I meant reading his posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 12:47am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could be wrong, but it seems like most of the /r/bjj regulars consider him to be a straight up troll.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 2:31am

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A ninjer who quotes Hatsumi and doesn't like sparring...

color me surprised.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 9:14am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey reddit, here's a picture of me with my cat getting our third stripe. I never thought I'd make it this far. It's been a lot of work, but such an amazing journey.

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 11:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilt Cake View Post
    I could be wrong, but it seems like most of the /r/bjj regulars consider him to be a straight up troll.
    As someone who was called a troll when I first got here, don't be so sure. People really do believe that ****

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 4:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    someone trolling reddit, or someone whos an idiot on the reddit forums? considering those two demographics make up about 95% of the userbase...

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 5:06pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Martial arts on Reddit is an especially dumb wasteland of stupidity. Its like an America Online forum about the latest technology or something.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 9:19pm

Style: 1 technique 1000 times

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've only been on reddit once, and hated it. Everything I saw was retarded.

This guy is probably one of the people I saw.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 11:25pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pro-Tip: Anyone who has been "falsely accused of rape" on multiple occasions is, in fact, a rapist.
    We can call him Nick "the ninja rapist" Bow.
    And getting a 6th degree black belt in BBT takes, what, like two and a half weeks now?
    Where is this guy based out of? Now that I have this awesome jetsetting lifestyle, I feel like I can start to fulfill my dream of challenging douchebags around the country to Gong Sau throwdowns.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2012 2:08am

Style: JKD, BJJ, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have seen his posts all over the various martial arts sections of reddit. I think he's an outright troll, but possibly also someone who actually buys into bujinkan crap.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast