Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

500 proper form straight punches to heavy bag each arm for training?

Let's be realistic, Doing 10 short reps of punches day will not make you into a kung fu master.

The reason I've been doing 500 straight punches to a heavy bag today is because I want to be that guy on that can take out a 300 pound man a single punch.

The only way I can do that is by training like no one else has trained before. I might join the mma after I finish my time in the navy ( Not in the navy yet) and I want to be able to finish a match in less than 5 seconds.

Punching an 100 pound heavy bag 500 times on each arm just might give me that kind of power....I'm not trolling I'm srs

It's just really bothering, How I see a whole bunch of kung fu masters doing all the fancy poses and forms than all of sudden getting slaughtered by a fat drunk wildly throwing flurries of punches.

They're not training hard enough, And what else bothers me is seeing dudes like chuck liddel doing all this hardcore training and when he actually fights it's really not that impressive and awe-inspiring.

Style
    Weight Training
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is this in Advanced Striking Discussion Forum - Muay Thai, Boxing, etc.?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Style
    boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It won't.
    They're training harder than you, you're not training at all.
    Join the mma?
    Get to a gym and refrain from posting in places which say "advanced" until you've done some actual training, a good couple of years for example.
    You can also just continue watching UFC and STFU.

Style
    MMA and Luta Livre noob
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackeroni View Post
    Let's be realistic, Doing 10 short reps of punches day will not make you into a kung fu master.

The reason I've been doing 500 straight punches to a heavy bag today is because I want to be that guy on that can take out a 300 pound man a single punch.

The only way I can do that is by training like no one else has trained before. I might join the mma after I finish my time in the navy ( Not in the navy yet) and I want to be able to finish a match in less than 5 seconds.

Punching an 100 pound heavy bag 500 times on each arm just might give me that kind of power....I'm not trolling I'm srs

It's just really bothering, How I see a whole bunch of kung fu masters doing all the fancy poses and forms than all of sudden getting slaughtered by a fat drunk wildly throwing flurries of punches.

They're not training hard enough, And what else bothers me is seeing dudes like chuck liddel doing all this hardcore training and when he actually fights it's really not that impressive and awe-inspiring.
    Welcome to bullshido. I can only assume you're very young. Join a gym or a dojo with alive sparring. What you're trying to do is mostly bullshit.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido. What Azatdawn said ^^^^^^^^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome. Since nobody has done so yet, I'll include this as I think it'll be helpful:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imjmLWj5WCU

Watch this video and pay very close attention. It will explain aliveness to you. This is, without a doubt, the single most important martial-arts related video I have seen thus far.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Doing something wrong 500 times is approximately 50 times worse than doing it wrong only 10 times.

Might I suggest visiting a boxing gym and trying it on for size?

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you can hit a heavy bag 500 times your probably not hitting the bag right. Your most certainly not developing hitting power.

Style
    Taijiquan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ( Not in the navy yet)
    Out of curiosity, are you not in the Navy yet because you are a young teen?

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    Out of curiosity, are you not in the Navy yet because you are a young teen?
    Yep, And you guys seem to have a very limiting attitude toward training.

Why don't we train until we're half-dead? We should train until our fist bleed and we're in tears.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last