Thread: Hello.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hello.

After many years of lurking and some posts it finally dawned to me that I could put up a proper introduction.
    I wanted to start training a long time ago, but never got a proper opportunity till college, where I enlisted into recreational boxing class which was just what it sounds. Nothing proper learned. Looking back I can't believe how stupid I was, not to go for judo or greco - roman. I left the college due to severe illness, got my health sorted, got a job and thought of something easy for recuperating through that period. So I started practicing aikido for a few years, which was fun, relaxing, but didn't satisfy my needs. What I really liked about it was the fact that I learned ukemi and falling pretty good. After that I left - tried a local Judo club, which was cheap and close, but the teacher was not exactly a pedagogical person who looked at newcomers with scorn and not much was shown or explained for an entire year, he even stopped his brown belt, who tried to correct some of my mistakes, so I went to a ju-jitsu gym, where most of my buddies started their love vith ju-jitsu years ago. Unfortunately it was a most terrible mcdojo, so no more buddies were there to be found (one formed Gracie-barra school under professor Carlos Maia, the other has a Slovenian alliance branch - Red eagle gym with lineage up to Fabio Gurgel - both teams compete and do good), but two, which left shortly after. Still I wasted a year of my life there, before it dawned on me that this was not an optimal place to hang in. I started visiting Gracie Barra school, but the local teacher finished classes because of some students being injured, no newcomers and so not being able to pay the bills. After the school closed off I went my merry way back into that terrible judo school (because master Carlos was too far and way too expensive), because I didn't want to stop training ( I tried to encourage my mates to join Red eagle, but were suddenly not interested in BJJ anymore) . Luckily soon after Red eagle opened another gym in the neighborhood, to fill in the void and it is still functioning and doing well. I rolled for some time with them, one of my friends from former GB included, who helped me a lot, but then was a time to spread the wings and move for the job.
    I live as a tenant now and due to not having much $ I visit a judo club Nagaoka and a boxing gym (after discovering that working my way into a striker's system is not quite so simple like I imagined and developing a need to be able to absorb and return some of the punishment), which are pretty affordable and teachers are great, have pretty awesome level of knowledge compared to other places I visited and more importantly, are motivated into teaching us. The atmosphere in both clubs is great and especially in Judo extremely friendly and relaxed between students - no egos bursting.
    So here I am, with bits and pieces, but no solid knowledge in any martial art whatsoever. Of course I am the smartest n00b you'll ever gonna meet :yaoming: because of years of being genuinely interested in what works and what doesn't. Lurking at bullshido greatly helped me spot the differences and leaving the mcdojo, but still didn't help me with not coming up here so full of my excellence and wisdom wanting to share it with waaay more experienced fighters and dropping a stupid post every now and than. For that I genuinely apologize, but I mostly read and post at this forum late at night being utterly destroyed (though I only train 3 to 4 times a week) and in need to check up some **** to cheer me up and motivate me before bed, barely being able to think at all.
    To summon it all up - there's much will, but no skill.
    Intro complete, back to verbal sparring mode and dropping facepalming remarks.... :NewspaperGuy:
    Last edited by Stickybomb; 10/20/2012 1:49pm at .

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    after many years of lurking you haven't learned about the old wall of text thing?
    Other than that glad to see you found Judo + Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a) Watching videos, sucking in knowledge on topics that interested me, not caring about wall of text and minor **** like that :-). I wasn't able to spend THAT much time here :-).

b) Thank you ever so much ;-)

Style
    mma
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    remarks.... :NewspaperGuy:
    TL;DR

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    a) Watching videos, sucking in knowledge on topics that interested me, not caring about wall of text and minor **** like that :-). I wasn't able to spend THAT much time here :-).

b) Thank you ever so much ;-)
    Seems like you'd only have to read through one wall of text, then all of these:
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    TL;DR
    that are always beneath it before you realize you'll get a much better response but chopping it up into paragraphs.

But anyways, if Bullshido led you to both boxing and Judo, then cheers! Our millions of posts in newbietown recommending exactly that combo to people who end up taking Krav haven't gone to waste, after all.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Like Water View Post
    Seems like you'd only have to read through one wall of text, then all of these:

that are always beneath it before you realize you'll get a much better response but chopping it up into paragraphs.

Noted. Thanks for the tip.