Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/19/2012 5:02pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeg View Post
    No, you blah blah blah bullshit, so just put your finger into your anus and say kiai!
    So you don't understand the difference between legitimate training & certification and bullshit.

OK, so you're a troll.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2012 5:03pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, you blah blah blah bullshit, so just put your finger into your anus and say kiai!
    Are you actually even involved with the video that you originally posted, or are you just here to troll? I can't decide.

You were given honest opinions in a level headed manner. They included: "looks like fun" "it's a good concept" and "you need ACTUAL TRAINING to supplement that sparring".

All of those are much nicer than the answer I would've given to your thread title, which is quite simply: yes, your system is ****. It meets every criteria for bullshido.

1. You have no formal training in martial arts. Basically, you suck at fighting, but you feel qualified to teach for whatever reason.
    2. You have distanced yourself from MMA and pro fighting. You think you're more focused on realism than those arts, even though you're wearing full body spacesuit-armor for the kind of training that those fighters do wearing only gloves and a cup for protection.
    3. You won't show credentials.
    4. You have made extravagant claims to credentials that aren't true. No, sorry, I don't believe that you run around on rooftops shooting people, or fighting off hordes of post-apocalyptic punks here in the pre-apocalypse.
    5. Did I mention you fucking suck? It doesn't matter who you are in that video. Know why? Because you're all awful.

Take off the space suit, harden the **** up, and go take a boxing class you fucking troll.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/19/2012 5:10pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, to be fair, it is fine for a club. Seriously, it is like the original TDs. Get people to show up, try your ****, exchange ideas and realize you are training well or shitty. If you are in the shitty category, you go train at a legit gym and come back later.

The problem is when you try to systematize ****, it is still ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2012 5:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Actually, to be fair, it is fine for a club. Seriously, it is like the original TDs. Get people to show up, try your ****, exchange ideas and realize you are training well or shitty. If you are in the shitty category, you go train at a legit gym and come back later.

The problem is when you try to systematize ****, it is still ****.
    Absolutely. If I had come into this thread with the mindset of grading a club, or the concept the club is based around, that's not a bad start at all.

It says system in the title. System implies that their lack of technique is intentional and something they intend to pass on to others, presumably for a price.

They suck. And what the troll doesn't seem to understand, is that no matter how many more times they do it, they'll soon hit a point where they can't suck any less unless they actually learn from someone who knows what they're doing.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/19/2012 5:50pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Like Water View Post
    It says system in the title. System implies that their lack of technique is intentional and something they intend to pass on to others, presumably for a price.
    Yes and how many titles do not represent what they actually mean? That does tell me why you sometime post strange comments in a thread. Yes, a thread title can misrepresent the meaning of a thread. Heck, until he went off the deep end, there was no indication it was anything but a club. Even after his repeated posts.

That's why my initial post was worded with praise and a "but" comment.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2012 6:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yes and how many titles do not represent what they actually mean? That does tell me why you sometime post strange comments in a thread. Yes, a thread title can misrepresent the meaning of a thread. Heck, until he went off the deep end, there was no indication it was anything but a club. Even after his repeated posts.

That's why my initial post was worded with praise and a "but" comment.
    Very true that it wouldn't have been fair had I actually be judging him strictly off of the title, especially with the language barrier.

But this
    And thats all the bases of the system we are developing, called survival defense (I think thats te accurate translation) for some reason the martial forums and dojos in our city hates us
    actually came up in his second post, while he still seemed like a fairly reasonable human being. From there, it was time to get firm with the boy.

Either way, I was mostly reiterating what ya'll had already said to him, and there's no reason he's going to be more likely to get it through his head when I say it. So I'm gonna bow out and leave this to the pros, now.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/19/2012 6:39pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Like Water View Post
    But this actually came up in his second post, while he still seemed like a fairly reasonable human being. From there, it was time to get firm with the boy.
    Actually, that isn't what set me off at all. It was the video quality and production in the first post. Also, please stop. That is a small point out of his entire alleged ESL post. He was in newbietown and given the benefit of the doubt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2012 8:04pm

Style: Whatever I can

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry for my bad english, mi name is David, from catalonia, I'm a bodyguard and security worker, and I and some companions from police started a legal association for practice self defense, (because we dislike the commercial/martial options) yes, we are new and god knows we make many mistakes and don't got a comparative level whit M.M.A and profesional fighters, but we just traing and fight in recreations pursuing safe and realism, we don't belive in grades or belts, and all can be experimented because 1/2 of sessión is entirely dedicated to free fight and violent situation recreation.

The question:
    I dont know the existence of bullshido until few days ago, when a old friend whit others was outrageous and call me, and my work ''bullshido'' (He is a ''dinamic ving tsun instructor'' and a fatty) some other martial instructors of internet forums (hispagimnasios) call us **** douchbags and other stuff, and we invited them to friendly try our point of view in self defense, 2 accepted, but we dont get our ass kiced by his mighty martial powers, pretty much the oposite, they look totally disoriented in our type of combat and its in video tape (as you can see) but of course this didn't shut is mouth.

We don't want to demostrate nothing, we are just some security workers training and fighting whit safe and fun, but we don't undestand why so much hate and despise from them, so well, they said we deserve to appear in bullshido, and here I want to present a simple video whit some of our type of sparring and recreations to ask directly to yourself if they are right or not, so feel free to coment your opinion, notice we are just starting the activity and we don't have already solid infrastructure, and the video does not represent a regular class, just sparring for fun whit our rules and equipment.

Ha! the one using our knife system is the guy who keeps the arm protecting vital line in is torso, the other don't fight whit this system.
    Yeah, you owned those guys. The knife work was enjoyable. He just kept sticking that hand out, didn't he?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2012 8:20pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the sake of crist... in the video everybody using his own system/skill, the only point is the equipment, intensity and rules we are using, better performance comes later when we became better trained.

I apear exactly in:

0:08 (guy of the left whit black pants)
    1:09 (Left, more black pants)
    1:34 (Also left)
    1:47 (Black armor guy, but I'm not punching, just go for hurt his face/eyes and controls the head)
    2:22 (Black armor, I just won for the rule of 2 seconds whit firmly push the face protector, that represents eye injury)

In the knife thing I'm the one who keeps the arm always near the cest.

All this footage is months ago, the first experiences whit equipment just fighting for fun, I'm making an actual one showing our real training and more, so keep your anus mouth shout until then, I only ask for the point of view in that type of combat training and writte some thing of my super-system that you inmediatly missunderstanding whit the just old free-play of the video, but even this mindless fights has proven capable of beat the crap of any mac-dojo wannabe, so its not that bad.

The knife posture is emulating instintive/reactive shooting stance, I prefer to got the unarmed arm covering my vital line, when its a favorable ocasion or the situation demands it, of course it can move off, all other is angle control, but of course no matter the results, its also bullshit right?
    Last edited by Seeg; 10/19/2012 8:26pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2012 8:42pm

Style: Whatever I can

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We train the same. We armor up sometimes. I wear a fencing mask when we do knife sparring. We go pretty hard.
    The difference is we don not call it a 'system' - we don't even call it a club. It is training with friends, pure and simple. I would never, ever deem to try and teach anyone from scratch, and I'm reasonably sure I could have a fair crack at any of the dudes in that video. The knife work was fun to watch, but I promise I could have crashed either of the fighters and aerated them. You were fencing with knives. It has little merit in a real life knife confrontation, IMO. If that was your intention, cool, but if it was supposed to be 'self defense', it was not all that flash. -
    I'd give the same advice that has been give here, countless times - find instructors, learn and practice.
    I think you have implied that you have commercial ambitions, just by calling it a system. It's only my second day registered on this forum, but I am gonna go ahead and call a tentative 'bullshido'.
    Keep training hard, start your school, gain some credo and prove me wrong.
    PM me if your ever in Oz, and we'll have us a knife fight. Hard practice blades. No flaccid latex.
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast