Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/18/2012 10:07am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look's like you're on the right track.

Keep your mindset for the realities of what you need for your job & self-defense, and then seek out boxing, kickboxing, & grappling instructors who will help you meet your goals.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    10/18/2012 10:57am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeg View Post
    My master tell me one day... Never Learn from a fatty... and time give him all the reason
    Your master is a wise person.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/18/2012 11:21am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Time to be a pedant, "Most or Young Fat guys."

If they were still alive, I'd pay money to learn from these "fat" guys.

.....and this fatty as well

You know better slamdunc. Seeg you need to read all of the rules to each area before posting.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102430

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    10/18/2012 12:10pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd learn to eat from a fatty

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/18/2012 12:17pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Bullshido"? No. You are not misrepresenting what you are doing. You are not claimant a liniage that doesn't exist.

Just because your technique is not refined and you don't have good facilities doesn't make you bullshido. However, it also doesn't make you legit. As Bodhi said above, continue your training as you are: live and hard sparring but get more instruction. If you don't bring in legit instructors you will not progress much further than you are right now.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/18/2012 1:09pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, technically, your system can't be bullshit, since you really don't have a system, you just have a bunch of guys with ideas who like to bang bang bang.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/18/2012 1:21pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We'd call that a club in many places in America. Nothing wrong with clubs mixing technique and practicing together. It becomes a problem when low trained beginners name their club as a style, make it an actual style of martial arts, teaching said style, and then try to use their former instructors as lineage.

If that's what you are doing then you are heading in that direction. If not do what DT said..
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/18/2012 1:29pm at .

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    10/18/2012 1:28pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP that does look like good fun. Fair play!

However to round off you skill set nicely I would recomend finding a judo dojo

I saw plenty of oppertunities for some throws in the striking section of the vid, and judo will give you the edge in a clinch

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2012 3:41pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank for your opinions, of course we are not in the level of semi or profesional fighters, we just started to train that way because the comercial options doesent bring what we want, even the more super-duper-realistic based things are just a suspicious pseudo-military fatty talking **** and showing 100% colaborative tecniques that if we do any of thesee in a real situation we are pretty fucked up.

So at te begining we dont know exactly how to do it, but screw all, purchase some space suit armors and beat the crap out of everybody, fight to learn fight and prepare for fight, this is the main concept.
    It has his point for a gentelmans club, but of course its insuficient to bring a real training tool for people really concerned about his personal security at work or in their lives.
    We are now in the phase of constructing a real and structurated system, the main lines are 50% phisical/theorical 50% fight and recreations, so its really nothing to hide or misticise, anything that does not work, is revealed by itself in the fight.
    Grades or belts... we HATE that, I dont know in yours, but in my country a freaking 8 dan black belt of anything its just a matter of convalidate it paying 400 euro, this and much more is the reason why dont want any relation whit federations, other line its the overprice, pseudo-sectarism and deification of the master (Frecuently a fatty one) in the A.C.I.S the work of the instructor ends at 50% of the class, in the rest time anybody can beat him in a free fight, and its nothing to be ashamed because being the instructor does not give you mistic martial powers, we belive in honest work, our montly cuote its 30 euro the half of any other dojo/gym whit all included, no extra-payment for belts or innecesary things.

The system. In ''fight'' we try to recuperate european tradition, because its our culture and much less contaminated whit comerciality, a non deportive boxing and some ringen and abrazare (Medieval wrestling) but of course we are in the middle of the process because that sort of things needs its time of study and experimentation, so the level its still low, but for the moment we beat pretty easy the wannabe challengers that hate us whit not much more than agressivity. :yaoming:

In self defense, we conceive the full situation, combat psicology, corporal neurolinguistics, first aids, legality, conversatión and evasion etc... as a counter-terrorist certificated profesional I can teach that sort of things, if the signs indicates a inminent and unavoidable agresion, I teach the principle, ''the action wins the reaction'' because to reacht, one must see and process the information, if we so dont make any expresion, dont pose, dont notice any sign and stay in a optimum distance, we can make always a successful first atack, and of course we have to try make it the more harmful possible, eyes, groin, neck and strike again and again etc... If that fails... its time to fight normally.

Our rules in combat exercice: Fighting in a space suit armor allows you to attack whit full strengh whit safety, and that change enough the dinamics of the combat, the distances, tecnique or rytm break so easy, it doesent matter the martial art or sistem you come from, the fight looks pretty barbarian and mindless, thats ok because it looks pretty much like real fight.

Main rule are common sense and dignity, its hard to put off the opponent whit K.O whit the helmet (not impossible, but we dont want this result) so if the strike you recive makes you experience ko sensation (Dizziness) just admit the defeat and rest awhile.
    If your hand reach and push the opponent face or groin protector for 2 seconds, you win (cause in that time you can cause important injury to the eyes or testicles, remember, its a street fight, you are fighting for survive, not for win anything)
    Avoid head proyections to the ground, full force finish off (agony punches or foot strikes to the opponent head in the ground) just contain and represent that things, avoid luxations that can ends whit a crack, and in general common sense and personal sincerity and dignity, we are training, not competing.

And thats all the bases of the system we are developing, called survival defense (I think thats te accurate translation) for some reason the martial forums and dojos in our city hates us, but we are open to anybody wo wants to train, no matter the style, recently some people calls us bullshido and blackmailing to put ourselves in bullshido.com, so I just anticipate the move and explain here from our point of view, and thats the full history and the reason I'm writting all this whit my horrible spanglish.

I think if we are in an error, any day a pro-boxer or crazy M.M.A fighter comes and kill us all, until then I continue to work and train to offer in a not distant future a non comercial decent product for self defense.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2012 3:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A real shaolin monk can kill 5 times whit a mortal mystic strike before the enemy fall to the ground.

No, for real... when the rules become less restricted, I see less diferences whit the fighting styles, if you tells me the chinesse guy whas a other style fighter or anything else, I don't notice the diference.
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast