Posted On:
    10/21/2012 1:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    You better have something to back up those stats
    http://www.americanbar.org/groups/do...tatistics.html

On average, more than three women and one man are murdered by their intimate partners in this country every day. In 2000, 1,247 women were killed by an intimate partner. The same year, 440 men were killed by an intimate partner. Intimate partner homicides accounted for 30% of the murders of women and 5% percent of the murders of men.

In a 1995-1996 study conducted in the 50 States and the District of Columbia, nearly 25% of women and 7.6% of men were raped and/or physically assaulted by a current or former spouse, cohabiting partner, or dating partner/acquaintance at some time in their lifetime (based on survey of 16,000 participants, equally male and female).

Intimate partner violence made up 20% of all nonfatal violent crime experienced by women in 2001.
    vs
    Intimate partners committed 3% of the nonfatal violence against men.

In 2000, 1,247 women and 440 men were killed by an intimate partner. In recent years, an intimate partner killed approximately 33% of female murder victims and 4% of male murder victims.

According to the U.S. Department of Justice, between 1998 and 2002:

• 84% of spouse abuse victims were females, and 86% of victims of dating partner abuse at were female.
    • Males were 83% of spouse murderers and 75% of dating partner murderers
    I have highlighted the parts of your post which make what you have to say almost entirely irrelavant. Your study is motherfucking dated, son. Also, it's fucking biased in its wording:

"In 2000, 1,247 women and 440 men were killed by an intimate partner. In recent years, an intimate partner killed approximately 33% of female murder victims and 4% of male murder victims."
    The above in media speak means "Domestic violence is responsible for a huge fraction of female murders because, in contrast to men, but only because the number of murdered me so far exceeds to the number of murdered women".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...estic-violence
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    10/21/2012 4:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Your study is motherfucking dated, son.
    You think that society has changed in a significant manner that makes the ratio not still 3 to 1.
    Every study I have ever seen on the matter shows that women get abused far more and far worse than men.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    10/21/2012 6:11pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    You think that society has changed in a significant manner that makes the ratio not still 3 to 1.
    Every study I have ever seen on the matter shows that women get abused far more and far worse than men.
    Nah, I'm suggesting that men just didn't report that ****.

Peep that motherfucking link I posted

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...estic-violence
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    10/21/2012 7:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You are using isolated cases and motherfucking anecdotes, son. And anecdotes are the enemy of scientific process.
    Nope, i'm using anecdotes to illustrate a trend, and to show the OP how ull of **** he is at the same time.
    The facts remain, women are catching up.
    That the first two women actually beat men supports my statement that women are nb=beating men fair and s

The longest ski jump was by a woman? That was an anomaly. The vast majority of long ski jump distances were done by men, and as if to automatically smack your argument in the motherfucking face,

Her record was broken not once, but several times by dudes. She did not complete at that olympics, because clearly the olympic committe is made up of backwards idiots, but since then she has not jumped close to that distance.

Women are not catching up and surpassing men. That is simply untrue. In the all of the 300 events at the olympics in which men and women compete where absolute performance was measured (ie time, distance and so on), men outperformed women. It's not even a motherfucking issue, son. Usain Bolt would have beated Shelly Ann Fraser (the women's Champion) by 1.2 seconds and about 20 fucking metres. Shelly Ann wouldn't even have qualified for the Olympics if she ran with men.

The motherfucking difference is too much. The physiology is too fucking different, mayne. And we are not really in the infancy of women's athletics, if we are not in the infancy of athletics. Unless you mean to say that as time goes on women will be born more athletic because of some bullshit that is positively Lamarckian.

You've swallowed the media's kool aid, son. By highlighting women as women and making favourable comparisons to men, they can give off the illusion that women are catching up to or beating men. This is just not motherfucking true. But hey, if motherfuckers can create a story where there is none, then they can sell papers or generate views.

Think about that ****, son. They fuckin with you.

Gabby Reece is a motherfucking fashion model who plays volleyball. Barely relevant to this discussion, son. How much shoes she sells is fucking unrelated.

No doubt? That sounds like you aint know son. You can't just go assuming **** on motherfucking board like this that takes their scientific **** seriously, son. How much does she make? Then compare that **** to male models who play volleyball.[/QUOTE]

Posted On:
    10/21/2012 8:07pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are using isolated cases and motherfucking anecdotes, son. And anecdotes are the enemy of scientific process.
    Nope, i supported my statement that women are catching up, and in some cases beating men outright (i gave you two).
    It's the facts Jack.

How about distance swimming?

Marathon Swims

In particular, the average time of women in the Catalina Channel is seven minutes faster than the average time for men. What is notable is that the overall records in both directions are held by women (Penny Dean from mainland-to-Catalina in 7:15:55 and Karen Burton from Catalina-to-mainland in 7:37:31).
    Around the rivers of New York City, the women—on average—reign supreme with an average time of nearly 15 minutes faster (8 hours and 21minutes for the women to 8 hours and 36 minutes for the men).
    http://www.active.com/swimming/artic...rts.htm?page=2

The longest ski jump was by a woman? That was an anomaly. The vast majority of long ski jump distances were done by men, and as if to automatically smack your argument in the motherfucking face, Her record was broken not once, but several times by dudes. She did not complete at that olympics, because clearly the olympic committe is made up of backwards idiots, but since then she has not jumped close to that distance.
    Considering you acknowledge the lack of venues, you might want to reconsider who is getting smacked...
    Oh and talent pool?
    But yes, she did beat all the men, fair and square and catching up would imply that the ones actually winning would be on the far and narrow end of the curve so to speak; i never claimed they've eclipsed men entirely.

Re Gabby, "No doubt" means "I have no doubt" and if you want to compare apples and oranges, so will i.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 1:26pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Nope, i supported my statement that women are catching up, and in some cases beating men outright (i gave you two).
    It's the facts Jack.

How about distance swimming?

http://www.active.com/swimming/artic...rts.htm?page=2

Considering you acknowledge the lack of venues, you might want to reconsider who is getting smacked...
    Oh and talent pool?
    But yes, she did beat all the men, fair and square and catching up would imply that the ones actually winning would be on the far and narrow end of the curve so to speak; i never claimed they've eclipsed men entirely.

Re Gabby, "No doubt" means "I have no doubt" and if you want to compare apples and oranges, so will i.
    ****, mayne, your intellectual dishonesty takes all the fun out of this ****. You ain't even read the motherfucking article properly.

Quote Originally Posted by motherfuckingarticle
    If one ignores the differences at the world-class level, it is interesting to look at the data and see how open water swimming—and marathon swimming in particular—may be unique among the world's sports. Based on the data, it appears that open water swimming may be the most competitive amateur sport when men and women race together.

The race is on. May the best (wo)man win.
    If we ignore the sensationalist bullshit, there are only 2 open water venues where women race faster than men, and in one of those venues the average age of men is 41 compared to women's 43. Here in the world of the scientific method, we call that **** a confounding factor, and sweet mercy that one is motherfucking significant. Effectively saying young women beat old dudes in swimming. Also, Penny Dean is the only women who has swam a top 10 time in the Catalina channel. One swallow does not make a summer, ************.

The article even states that open water swimming is [B]unique[B] because women can compete on a more even footing than in other sports. In other words, women can't compete against men in other sports, and really, they're not beating them in all open water swimming. Not beating them in the Olympics at open water, just in that New York race, where the men are on average 8 years older.

If you keep scraping the bottom of the barrel so hard, the fucking base is gonna fall out, mayne.

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 1:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You want more?
    In every modern sport women are catching up.
    You are using so much straw you're gonna cause a global dustbowl.
    If you want to conflate overall winners with a narrowing gap in performance you are the intellectually dishonest one, son.

Here's marathon times:

Yes, the gap is narrowing overall and women beat men in some events, fair and square.

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 4:50pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    women beat men, fair and square.
    Misandrist.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 5:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know the funny part about all of this? Its us Men who in large part created this double standard. Male majority as Legislators, Male majority as Political leaders, Male Majority as law enforcement, Male majority as Judges.

Posted On:
    10/23/2012 5:47pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Misandrist.
    What if one likes it that way?
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 111213 LastLast