Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/16/2012 7:31pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!

BRACE FOR WAR: Girls- 27th of October, 2012

BRACE FOR WAR promotions is putting on Australia's first ever all-female MMA card at Southport RSL, Gold Coast, Queensland on the 27th of October, 2012.

From their Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/braceforwar

BRACE FOR WAR GIRLS

First time in Australian history a full card of Women's MMA.

BRACE Live from the Southport RSL on the Gold Coast October 27th a show full of girls fighting it out in the cage.

SEE YOU CAGE SIDE FOR THIS NIGHT OF EXPLOSIVE WOMENS MMA ACTION!

TICKETS ON SALE NOW
    http://www.southportrsl.com.au/ or by phoning (07) 5552 4200

THIS SHOW WILL SELL OUT
    Tickets -
    $50 General Admission
    $60 Reserved Seating
    $100 - Direct Cage Side (Includes platter food)

LIKE US HERE
    www.facebook.com/braceforwar

FIGHTCARD

MAIN EVENT
    Alex Chambers (AUSTRALIA) vs Mika Nagano (JAPAN)
    Claire Fryer (AUSTRALIA) vs Rina Tomita (JAPAN)

Fiona Muxlow (Townsville) vs Leanne Ried (Sydney)
    Sarah Morrison (Sydney) vs Bianca Elmir (Canberra)
    Linda Nikeller (Gold Coast) vs Rhiannon Thompson (Tasmania)
    Tanya Stevens (Tasmania) vs Mae-Lin Leow (Adelaide)
    Shauna Carew (Brisbane) vs Gina Cardillo (Coffs Harbour)

Natalie Hills (Sydney) vs Sam Manderson (Townsville)
    Jessy Rose (Sydney) vs Tam Ward (Newcastle)
    Kerry Barrett (Brisbane) vs Brettlyn Neal (Townsville)
    Lana Kate (Melbourne) vs Helen Malone (Brisbane)
    Rebecca Steward (Wodonga) vs Maryanne Mullahy (Melbourne)
    Lisa Sutton (Toowoomba) vs Belinda Sedgwick (Canberra)

TICKETS ON SALE NOW
    http://www.southportrsl.com.au/ or by phoning (07) 5552 4200

THIS SHOW WILL SELL OUT
    Tickets from $50 - $100 (Tables with food)
    As Australia's first All-Female card, it is awesome to see so many people "bracing" for the event. With both local and international talent on the card fighting out of some of the best gyms in the world, we're in for a win, no matter who does!

BRACE FOR WAR have employed a really aggressive and wide reaching social media campaign for this event. By getting the fighters on board with the campaign, providing digital collateral to them to display on their profiles, I can only imagine the reach they have acquired. Not only are the fighters promoting the event and extending the event's reach, they are promoting themselves, an area that their Australian male counterparts should be taking note if they want to make a mark on the international MMA scene. By showing the world their personalities, their dedication to training, their lifestyle, their passion, they deny detractors the opportunity to label them, the MMA fighter, as mindless meatbags intent on maiming.

In my opinion one of the best uses of social media that I have seen, it doesn't feel like spam because those posting updates about it are legitimately excited about fighting, and rightly so. I'm fucking excited to watch them fight!

I've trained alongside some of these fighters and seen some of them fight. They are the most highly skilled, highly driven individuals, with venom in their strikes, viciousness in their ground game and victory in their sights.

WAR CLAIRE, KERRY and JESSY!!!
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    10/17/2012 7:17am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Girls have to fight to get braces now? That's a damn shame.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2012 5:40pm

Style: Kickboxing/BJJ/Wimp

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wish I could go to this event! Does anyone know if it will be streamed on the webs?

Posted On:
    10/28/2012 6:30pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome night of fights, it's good to be on the winning team! Both Claire and Kerry won, Kerry by unanimous decision, Claire by a brutal GnP TKO that left her opponent with a possible broken nose. My failing voice at the moment is testament to the excitement of their fights.

Kerry was crisp and had legit takedowns throughout her fight. Her opponent had some solid punches, but Kerry wasn't fazed in the least as she gave them back just as good before taking her to the ground. Some weird refereeing saw them stood back up when she was clearly working at securing a dominant position, while landing some solid body shots in the process, but that is the way it goes.

Claire's strategy was to keep the fight standing as her opponent was of a high grappling pedigree. Throughout the fight her opponent had her against the fence but didn't manage to get her down. You could hear Matt (coach) screaming at her to "STAND UP CLAIRE" in the second round, but in the end, instead of trying to stand out of grappling range she pressed into her and began raining punches to her face, causing the ref to do an outstanding job of stopping the fight before she could do too much damage (even though it was reported her opponent might have a broken nose).

Jessy didn't end up fighting, her opponent was injured at the start of the week and although they attempted to line up several replacements, none of them stuck. Despite the fact that this would have been her MMA debut, her kickboxing record coupled with her grappling record makes her dangerous for any coach to put their fighter in the cage with her on short notice. I'm keen to see Jessy hit the MMA stage, so I'll be looking out for her in the future.

A link to the results:
    http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...&id=e2be5277d0
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.