Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/16/2012 8:45am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    These days I live in an apartment, so if someone kicked in the front door, they'd be face-to-face with me almost immediately. I've got the flashlight and the tac-wak (AKA "Full Disclosure") right beside the bed.

Three or four years ago when I was a homeowner, I was doing some reno work at the top of the stairs. I was alone in the house, it was late at night, and I had the music up loud. For whatever reason, I happened to glance down the stairs just in time to see a shadow move (I had no pets at that time).

I dropped the plaster knife, grabbed the tomahawk (yes, a tomahawk. Am I the only one who uses a 'hawk when doing drywall?) and let out a "HOLY ****!" ... and then my student Ken sheepishly stuck his head around the corner, and apologized for startling me. He had keys to my place, and was just dropping some stuff off for me.
    "Your student Ken"....was "dropping some stuff for you"... hmm....im sure he did...Happen to have Keys to your place...Did you come out of the closet to greet him? Jk man.

Posted On:
    10/16/2012 8:48am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    "Your student Ken"....was "dropping some stuff for you"... hmm....im sure he did...Happen to have Keys to your place...Did you come out of the closet to greet him? Jk man.
    What happens between two heavily-armed consenting adults is none of your business! We had something pure and good, that you could never understand! *sob*

Posted On:
    10/16/2012 8:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Wait.
    Oooooh that just sounds so ominous...i bet that is what Steven would do...
    BTW i would wait too, not like i have a fucking choice in the matter, only one door.

Posted On:
    10/16/2012 8:51am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    What happens between two heavily-armed consenting adults is none of your business! We had something pure and good, that you could never understand! *sob*
    I just had a disturbing mental image... are you guys also "heavy set" or at least one of you ? you know like a bear? BTW google images of "bears and cubs".. I did that once and lost my naivete..

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    10/16/2012 9:14am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    grab my emerson knife, head for the front door quietly, if possible grabbing my composite escrima stick on the way there. then kill anything that moves, and ask questions later.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    10/16/2012 10:22am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There have been a good number of break-ins in my city so this scenario does have me somewhat worried these days. The only real weapons I could use are swords which would be probably useless. So I figure I will just put a life size cut out behind my door of this.:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2012 10:34am

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if the wife and kids are home - i quickly grab the aluminum bat from under the bed and try to get to the intruder before my wife encounters them as she tries to reach the kids.

if i'm alone - i get my 9 and wait.

why dont i get my 9 in the first scenario??? because the wife will be sprinting across the house (1 story with our room on one side and the kids room on the other) to reach the kids. not enough time to go into the top drawer and pull it out of the safe.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2012 10:58am

Style: judo, boxing -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On the serious side...

If you live in a flat and it is yours I think the best defense is installing a solid reinforced door and window by the fire escape. If you live in a house and have a family, especially in a bad 'hood or working risky jobs, where somebody might come after you (there's a horrible example Geoff Thompson wrote about in Watch my back), it must be a whole different story... Luckily I can't imagine how it must be constantly worrying about safety of your kids. But I think I would try to turn at least bedrooms in some kind of improvised panic rooms and make sure that operating phone will always be in them.
    Keeping everyone armed would also make me edgy, because one might open up on another, who just needs a glass of water and creeps around trying not to wake all house... And keeping weapons close by in every corner is never a good idea in a house full of kids.
    The problem is, that a good and relatively safer house 'armor' attempt costs much more than say a glock, beretta, taurus,... (which might just be out of reach when **** hits the fan) but that would be a money well spent.

Just my thoughts. By the way like Erezeb's home, my house also has some iron ornaments fixed over easily reachable windows and doors. It poses a bit more of a problem for a potential vengeful spirit or housebreaker, and is less morbid than looking through bars.
    Last edited by Stickybomb; 10/16/2012 11:08am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2012 11:14am

Style: Traditional Mix

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, we have plans for multiple scenarios at my place. I have had both my spouse and son over to the leo complex for training in home invasion, car jacking and various role playing stints. Should a break-in occur, there are weapons stashed (plus body armor, lights and extra mags) at strategic spots throughout the house. Plans call for cell phone use to offset possible cut wires and barricade while I confront the intruder(s). Safe words and rally points have also been set up. Even went so far as to go through plans for bug out and how to deal with threats while mounted (for when we are out and about in the vehicles). Too many home invasions and car-jackings in our area not to be prepared.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    10/16/2012 11:26am

supporting member
     Style: mma

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaTedBear View Post
    I have had both my spouse and son over to the leo complex for training in home invasion, car jacking and various role playing stints.
    That sounds like great family time
    Watch my post count die
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast